Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 180 days from your day of arrival to your hotel reservation, then an additional 10 days. So I can technically make a reservation at 190 days... 180 + 10.

Actually if your arriving January 17th as in the example above and you tried at 190 days out, Which would ave been July 11th you could not have made any ADRs.

For the dessert party, yes... But for others you could.

I totally see what you are saying about the 190 Days, if you are staying onsite by being allowed to book at 180 Days and then for the next 10 consecutive days "technically" yes you can book 190 days.

The previous poster was trying to explain the procedure because when people day you can book 190 Days if staying onsite rather than saying you can book 180+10 newbies think you can book 10 days before anyone staying off site.

Arrival Day January 17 - 180 days is July 21
180+10 allows the guest to book January 17-26 all on

If said guest heard you could book at 190 and tried to do so on January 11 they would be sadly disappointed to find out their conception of 190 was inaccurate and they could not book until day 180 July 21

The previous poster did an excellent job describing the 180+10 that many people become confused about when they hear people say you can book at 190 Days.

OK. So I was the 3rd or 4th person to book for Friday, July 19th.
I thought this would give me a table near the front.
My table was near the back. We only had 1 table behind us.
I don't understand????:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

Can I ask, how do you know you were the third or fourth person booked?

From what I've read about this party, you can't stay seated during the fireworks so I'm wondering what difference it makes where your table is located?

That is so NOT COOL!!! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens in September. I was the first person here to post Sept being open, I caught it so early that only the first couple days were open at that time. Hoping for a table by the railing but not going to stress over it.

Morning all!

We are 2 families totalling 9. For better seating should we split into 2 parties (5 & 4)? We are hoping for reservations in Oct.
Can't wait till October opens. Shouldn't be too long now! :)

Thanks for your help!

Can I ask, how do you know you were the third or fourth person booked?

Yes. I know the dates opened around 1:30 and I booked my time around 2:20 and I asked how many others had already booked for my specific night. The CM checked and told me 3 others had already reserved for 7/19. Being the 4th person to book, I thought I would have a table near the front.

Morning all!

We are 2 families totalling 9. For better seating should we split into 2 parties (5 & 4)? We are hoping for reservations in Oct.
Can't wait till October opens. Shouldn't be too long now! :)

Thanks for your help!

I would- but stress that you want the tables next to each other.

I booked for a party of 8 and our table was near the back- even though I was the 4th to book for that night.
Maybe it was because I had a larger party.:(

I would- but stress that you want the tables next to each other.

I booked for a party of 8 and our table was near the back- even though I was the 4th to book for that night.
Maybe it was because I had a larger party.:(

Does anyone know if all large party tables are in the back?

I have a party of 7 and DON'T want to be in the back IF possible.

Does anyone know if all large party tables are in the back?

I have a party of 7 and DON'T want to be in the back IF possible.
I know that they are not. We've done the party more than once. The last time, we were a party of 6 in the front row with at least 3 parties of 10 also in the font row. ,the were hardly any small parties in the front that night. Many small parties in the back.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I want to say that I am alittle unhappy with Disney and I WISH I had found this site before.

I started to call or check online every day for the fireworks party. One CM then told me it "Would not open until 60 days in advance" (not she did NOT mention anything about opening the month all at one time) and then the website changed stating you could make reservations up to 60 days in advance. I think this is HORRIBLY misleading. It is not fair to the people who feel the need to check every hour for months (you guys and gals) or for the people who read the website and then call only to find it had been sold out for quite sometime because they opened it 80 days out.

Maybe I am just being whiney because this was the new/exciting thing we were going to do a DW and we might not be able to (yes... we are going to call as often as we can but, that is all luck based and I hate that). I think that Disney definitely needs to figure out a better way to handle this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter