~what Is The Total Package You Are Paying?~

I booked through magival vacations travel. They have a summer special rate. The TA said that they bought a block of rooms and that is how they are able to offer the reduced rate. She did say that the tickets would be paper tickets and we can add them to our card when we get there. When I priced the same package at Disney's website it came to almost seven grand. :scared1:

Your travel agent is not being truthful..Disney does not sell it's rooms like that.They do not sell there rooms to a consolidator. Disney wants you to book only with them..they only pay TA's 10% commission..which is very low in the industry. I do not understand the paper ticket issue..but if they are paper you can not add them to your card when you get there..I would double check that. The rate would not be 1/2 of what Disney is selling it for....:confused3

I have been in touch with the TA that pp is speaking of and that is how she gets her rates. She gets a group discount for it. As for the tickets, CMs can do it, but some won't. But I have read of many DISers gettng paper tickets put on their room key.

Your travel agent is not being truthful..Disney does not sell it's rooms like that.They do not sell there rooms to a consolidator. Disney wants you to book only with them..they only pay TA's 10% commission..which is very low in the industry. I do not understand the paper ticket issue..but if they are paper you can not add them to your card when you get there..I would double check that. The rate would not be 1/2 of what Disney is selling it for....:confused3

I checked her company out and it is legit. I was taken aback by the price at first, but then thought about the many great cruise prices I have gotten. She set up a group for the Poly and GF for the summer and also has a package for Christmas as well. CMs will put your paper tickets on your room key. You just have to ask. Remember certain portions may be discounted and others not. Also they are based in New Jersey, maybe Tony Soprano found some Disney packages that "fell off of a truck."
:rolleyes1 :banana: :banana: :banana:

I checked her company out and it is legit. I was taken aback by the price at first, but then thought about the many great cruise prices I have gotten. She set up a group for the Poly and GF for the summer and also has a package for Christmas as well. CMs will put your paper tickets on your room key. You just have to ask. Remember certain portions may be discounted and others not. Also they are based in New Jersey, maybe Tony Soprano found some Disney packages that "fell off of a truck."

Please take no offense to this, however this is very hard to believe. I only say this because I once had a travel agent almost ruin our trip. So I am very skeptical of some of them and don't always believe they tell you everything or often make mistakes.

The numbers just do not add up. Do you have children under the age of 3, so you do not have to pay for them? If not then you are getting amost 50% off rack rate for your room. The dining plan amount can not be changed and the tickets can only be discounted slightly, not enough to make that big of a difference.

I just don't understand how a travel agent can block out a set of rooms with that big of a discount. If disney allowed that then everyone would go to travel agents for thier trips instead of disney. These boards are filled with people pining away to get a discount for even 20% let alone 50%. Everyone wants to get a 40% post card. You are even going a very busy time of the year when disney itself hardly discounts if at all. How come everyone is not going to this travel agent for thier trip.

Like I said please take no offense. I think most people on these boards tend to look out for one another when it comes to planning your disney trip. I would just analyze you documents well and make sure the travel agent got everything right. For example did she give you deluxe dining or regular dining, are the tickets park hoppers or just basic. If everything is in order than congrats on finding a phenominal deal! :)

No offense taken. The terms seem very reasonable. The only non-refundable part is the 200 deposit with the rest due per Disney guidelines. I believe that they just used Disney's. They have been on the disboards since 2004 and Tikiman uses and promotes them on his website. Also a CM in the the Hawaii building knows about the TA. I will let you know how things work out.

By the way pricing out a cruise is nothing like pricing out disney. Cruise are known for deeply dicounting thier trips. Disney is definatly not known for that. If it does happen it definatly does not happen during peak times like summer.

By the way pricing out a cruise is nothing like pricing out disney. Cruise are known for deeply dicounting thier trips. Disney is definatly not known for that. If it does happen it definatly does not happen during peak times like summer.

This is true.When I cruised in the past some of the other guests and I would talk about our rates. So the differences was just as a "travel comparision". It is possible to travel with different rates. The TA said that the company made their deal with Disney well in advance of the dates.

Booked our trip with TA we use every year.
Our price:
POR 11/29/08--12/06/08
3 adults-Standard view
8 day Magic your way park hopper
Magic your way dining
Total--2,971.86
Also add MVMCP tickets when on sale.:wizard: :santa:

okay, I am confused, where do you get the codes from ?

I am currently trying to book our trip for early June.

Thanks for any info.

2 adults, 3 kids (7,3,15m) Oct 25, 8 nights at the Polynesian with park hopper+ waterparks and dining plan $4300.:dance3:

just made our ressies for late july for ds's 7th bday trip...

Boardwalk 1 bedroom Villa (rack rate unfortunately, hoping for AP or AAA rate to come out) for 8 nights... $3982.46

AP's for dh and myself, dd8 and ds6 - dh just bought them today at our disney store for my 40th bday gift :lovestruc around $1700 I think (we're going back in January)

jetblue from NY - $1418 (could have gotten much, much, much cheaper, but we needed to go from weekend to weekend instead of flying midweek)

plus food and souveniors

not cheap, but worth it! :thumbsup2

Hi
I just changed my room only reservation to a package and they honored my 30% room discount. My DD, DGD (5), and I are going from 8/15 to 8/22.
7 nights, 8 days, DDP, 6 day base tickets, staying at POFQ = $2081.61. Got airfare out of Philly for $79.00 each way. Hope everyone has a great time!!

I was asked not to post here anymore and I have not even read these boards for a long time but someone brought this to my attention.

The travel agent in question IS being truthful and would never do anything just to get business. They got group rates for not just the Polynesian but other resorts that they had to pay for the blocks of rooms upfront so they got a very low rate that can’t even be posted on their site. It is the same way that they got rooms for our event last year that I can’t mention on here either.

The deal they got is legitimate and if you can ever show me that they lied to someone I will shut down my Polynesian site. No I do not get paid by them to say this or if you book with them (even if the DIS thinks I do).

I think you better get the facts before you go and say someone is not being truthful!!

Don’t except a response from me after this. I am sure the DIS will ban me for good after poking my head in here again.

Aloha everyone.

Steve

We are booked for 9 days-8 nights, 2 Adults & 2 Children w/ Water Park Option, No park hopper, Free Dining Plan at the POP 9/19-9/27 $1964.02

We are booked for 6 nights at POP Aug 24-30th, free dining, 7 day tickets (no parkhopper) for 2 adults, 1 junior and 1 child for $1454. Will probably upgrade to water park option though.

I'm afraid that you are misinformed. I have booked rooms through a TA (Magical Vacations) that obtained a block of rooms and offered them to clients at a greatly reduced rate. I stayed at the GF last year at a rate far lower than what was offered to the general public and the proof was in the receipt.

Sept 5-13 @ Pop, standard
2 Adults
8 days base tickets
Dining Package
$1822.16

With today's "free dining" our total package is $1214.32 that's a savings of $607.84.

9 nights at por for 2 adults and 3 kids 13,9,5
free dining plan
10 day tickets with park hopper and waterparks and more option

total 3337.47

I got the 40% code but i'm trying to figure out if this sounds right. I booked the Poly GV in November for 6nts. 2 adults, 1 junior-12, 2 children 9&7. DDP basic & 6day basic park tickets-no hoppers for $3907.I must say that I finally had a great CM who took her time & went through all the codes to find me a room at the Poly that I could use my code along with ddp & tickets. Three other CM's said it couldn't be done.How does this price sound as I've never stayed at the Poly before-it looks absolutely beautiful!

ETA-I just received an email from Dreams Unlimited-I emailed them last night & they were able to get the same package with my code for $3273. With dates in Dec that work better for me!Wow!!They really are great!!I tried for the same dates with Disney directly & was told nothing was available with my code. I'm so glad I emailed them!

does dreams unlimited charge a fee? Is there a penatly if you need to cancel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter