~what Is The Total Package You Are Paying?~

2 adults 2 kids - dd 12 (pays like adult) ds 9, ds 2 (free) staying at the POP preferred room Sept 6-14 9 days/8 nights with parks hoppers. hoping for free dining or will have to add and hope for a great room code. total $1930.00

2 adults, 2 kids at WL bunk beds with woods view for 6 nights, 7 days park hopper w/waterparks and disney delux dining + insurance $4200. There from April 15-21 and was not able to apply the discount for the ticket upgrades.

Update 3/18/08 - got a park hopper ticket discount, so total price is now $3900

Using air miles to fly roundtrip from Fairbanks, Alaska. :thumbsup2

Here's the deal I got and now I'm not sure it's so great.

2A 4C-14,13,10,9
ASMu Family Suites-10days, 9nights
PH w/waterpark and disney quest options and dining plan
$6741

We'll be driving, so no airfare.

Does that sound right to you guys?

OK, I'll play, but I haven't seen anyone whose price comes anywhere near how much we are paying.

And I got a postcard last month and was so excited, but it was only for an upgraded ticket if we booked a package. Which we can't since we're doing a split stay. We are doing a split stay plus staying 3 days outside of WDW before we stay at WDW. We can't get the DDP because of the split stay. :mad:

We will be 8 people: DH (43), me (39), DSister (32), DNiece (9yo), DSD (19), DSD (11), DS (8), and DD (6).

10 day park hoppers (no discounts, includes tax) = $2179
3 nights at the Nick Hotel (2 2-Br suites) = 1389 (AAA rate)
4 nights in a 2-BR BCV suite = 3044
3 nights in 2 rooms at Contemp Garden Wing = 1913 (AAA rate)
We are budgeting $400 a day for food and souvenirs and other = 4000
Plane tickets (for 6 -- DSis and DNiece got their own) = 2913 (San Jose, CA to Orlando on Delta -- price went up the next day!)
2 rental cars for 10 days = ~$1000 (AAA rate)
Tix for Universal Studios = 791
Misc spending for when a few of us go to Tampa for 3 days = 1020 (AAA rate)

TOTAL = $18,249 for a 2 week vacation for 8 people

But how can you put a price on fun??? :rotfl:

Here's a Dave Ramsey plug: We spent all last year paying off all of our credit card and other debts and are now debt-free and we will be paying CASH for this trip so we are stoked!!!

2 adults, 3 children under age 10
July 19-26
7 nights @ Poly GV
6 day Park-Hopper tix
Deluxe Dining Plan

Total cost: $5040.23 (booked pkg. thru AAA)

We plan on bringing an extra $1000 for gas (we're driving), tips and souvenirs.

OK, I'll play, but I haven't seen anyone whose price comes anywhere near how much we are paying.

And I got a postcard last month and was so excited, but it was only for an upgraded ticket if we booked a package. Which we can't since we're doing a split stay. We are doing a split stay plus staying 3 days outside of WDW before we stay at WDW. We can't get the DDP because of the split stay. :mad:

We will be 8 people: DH (43), me (39), DSister (32), DNiece (9yo), DSD (19), DSD (11), DS (8), and DD (6).

10 day park hoppers (no discounts, includes tax) = $2179
3 nights at the Nick Hotel (2 2-Br suites) = 1389 (AAA rate)
4 nights in a 2-BR BCV suite = 3044
3 nights in 2 rooms at Contemp Garden Wing = 1913 (AAA rate)
We are budgeting $400 a day for food and souvenirs and other = 4000
Plane tickets (for 6 -- DSis and DNiece got their own) = 2913 (San Jose, CA to Orlando on Delta -- price went up the next day!)
2 rental cars for 10 days = ~$1000 (AAA rate)
Tix for Universal Studios = 791
Misc spending for when a few of us go to Tampa for 3 days = 1020 (AAA rate)

TOTAL = $18,249 for a 2 week vacation for 8 people

But how can you put a price on fun??? :rotfl:

Here's a Dave Ramsey plug: We spent all last year paying off all of our credit card and other debts and are now debt-free and we will be paying CASH for this trip so we are stoked!!!

Maybe I am not getting this at all--I am admitting I am a profound Math dummy! :laughing:
Okay, I must ask, slap me at will, but it seems steep to me :confused3
Of course there are some details missing, ie type of cars being rented.

As late as this past Jan/Feb we were able to add the DDP with a split stay

Yes, the best feeling is to have a vacation paid in full! :cheer2:

Jean

We were told (and I confirmed it here on DIS Boards) that if you do a split stay, you can get DDP but only for the days you are at the resort. To also get DDP for the next resort, you have to book a separate vacation/reservation and that has to include park tickets.

So I could get DDP if I did 1 ressie of 3 nights at Contemp with 3 day park hoppers (times 8 people) and then a second ressie of 4 nights at BCV with 4 day park hoppers (times 8 people), but the price of a 3 day PH plus a 4 day PH is waaaaaaay more than the price of a 7 day PH. In this case, 3 + 4 does NOT = 7. :confused3 We would not save any money by getting the DDP therefore.

The only thing we don't know is what type of cars we will have, but the AAA rate and the rack rates are about the same. We will need 1 car for 14 days and one car for 10 days and we don't want to be squished. From what I've checked, $1000 is about right.

JULIE

First trip to WDW ;]
2 adults
7 nights.
staying @ pop century.
travel insurance included.
one discount code.
$1404.04

2ND time going with my daughter, sister and niece. ( last april was 1st time )
:yay:

NO discounts:sad1:

POP Century- 9 nights ( 1 room ) 2 Adults - 2 kids 10 and 11
8 day base tickets
travel insurance

$2095.70
Airtran roundtrip $ 699.00 from Philly

Not bad really...we're splitting the cost

Our new ressie at CR MK View for 8 days/7nights, park hopper with waterpark and basic dining plan came to: $4310.69. I think we saved about 1300.00 total for the entire trip. Not to bad and we have never been able to afford CR before so I am very excited with the discount.:thumbsup2

We are going November 2 adults and 1 child.

me, dh, ds(9), ds(9), ds(6) feb 6-12; 6 nights @ por; 5 day tickets w/ free park hopper and water fun.....$1971; flight from chicago $968

Someone please help me with the discount, I can't seem to figure out if it is 30% or 40%.

2 adults
2 kids 13 & 7
August 30 - Sept 4
6 days 5 nights
AKL Standard (Thinking of upgrading to pool/bunkbed).
6 Day MYW plus Waterparks & More
DDP

Total: $2600.92

5 day 4 nights Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios/IA
2 Free Adult 7 day tickets to Universal Studios & Iof A
1 adult, 1 child unlimited 7 day ticket to US/I of A

Grand total: $3727.42

Frequent Flier Tickets :cool1:

1 Adult
10 days/9 Nights Premium Plan
AKL Savanah View
10 day Park Hopper/WP/Plus
August 29 to September 7

Price $4245 Booked thru AAA $400 Savings

AirTran from Indy: $198

2 adults 2 children (6 and 8)
CBR
10 day Park Hoppers
Free Dining

$2618.44

Motoring from GA - Gas????? $200, but then again....who the heck knows. :sad2:

Denise

this is starting to scare me!! I'm reading such good prices (some without codes) and they are much cheaper than what I've priced out.

can anyone confirm that this is the going rack rate?

dec 6-13
2A, 2 K under 9
DXDDP
MYW base tickets, water parks (no hopper), 7 days
GV Poly
$5000

thanks!
tori

7 of us (my parents, DH and I DS11, DD8, DS5) at POR in two rooms for 6 days 5 nights, 7 day park tickets no hopper or waterpark, hoping for free dining, or else add $1050 to the total (which would cause a total revamp and involve downgrading to value!) Haven't booked yet, waiting to see what's up with fee dining (fingers crossed)

Total price - $3224
Price with flights thru disney $4652 (reasonable sort of, but I'm still looking for cheaper! )
Then if we have to add dining $5702 (YIKES!!!!!)

OR ASMovies
Total price $2450
with flights $3878
Add dining $4928 (just barely under budget!)

Just booked this evening...DH, myself, DD17, DD16, DS13 and grandson 1 year at Beach Club pool view for 7 nights, 6 day park hopper tickets and basic dining plan for $4,861.

MariaEllerºoº;23946673 said:
Just booked this evening...DH, myself, DD17, DD16, DS13 and grandson 1 year at Beach Club pool view for 7 nights, 6 day park hopper tickets and basic dining plan for $4,861.

Do you mind if I ask a couple of quesions? This is a good price, did you receive a discount? What are your dates? My quote with AAA rate for the same thing was like over $5000.:confused3

Do you mind if I ask a couple of quesions? This is a good price, did you receive a discount? What are your dates? My quote with AAA rate for the same thing was like over $5000.:confused3

Yes, I called this evening asked if there were any codes attached to our name and also stated that we have AAA and my husband has a military id. He noticed that I've been 49 times and asked if we would be doing anything special and I said well, if I can talk my hubby into going than I'll be celebrating my 50th trip. He confirmed our names, address, telephone number, email address, etc and said that we have a 40% pin code attached to our name (gave him both mine and my husband's name). Regular room with 2 queen beds and daybed came to $2331. Adding in 6 day park hopper tickets for each of us and basic dining plan brought the total to $4861. :cool1: Our dates are October 25 - Nov 1st. Call back and good luck!!

Oh, I also told him we had 3 different dates to choose from...Oct 25-Nov 1st time period was the only one we could use the 40% code...the other dates were around Thanksgiving and day after Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter