What is the most annoying word used here?

One thing that gets my goat is when people fail to look back through the thread to read what has been posted before and repeat things other posters have already said.

also Acronyms, they really PTVVL me :cool2:

And I especially hate it when they preface it by saying “I haven’t read the whole thread, but...”

This is what drives me crazy! Especially in the threads where all the information they could possibly ever need is on the first page. How do you open a thread and not at least glance over the first page?

But people don’t...instead they will pop in to page 132 of the MNSSHP thread asking when the dates are.

Man, that makes me twitch.

brekkie and "the kiddos"....Although i think its mean to laugh at peoples spelling mistakes.They may stop posting!.

Last edited:

I'm also from the UK, I was making a joke about the ridiculousness of this thread, but I'm glad you do think you speak on behalf of everyone from the UK:thumbsup2

I'm also from the UK, I was making a joke about the ridiculousness of this thread, but I'm glad you do think you speak on behalf of everyone from the UK:thumbsup2
i dont think the thread is ridiculous at all ...I dont like spelling mistakes being used here to laugh at though as i think it will put people off posting!
Im sure i do speak for the majority (not just the UK)!!

The challenge with all of these acronyms is that it makes Disboards a lot less searchable, especially for casual users or new people. I was very paranoid when I first arrived, since I had experience with non-Disney boards, where questions would often be met with a chorus of angry responses, like, "there was a thread about this in 2015. You could've easily searched for it instead of starting a new one."

Luckily, Disboards is a lot more welcoming of new user questions, including repeated topics. People here just love to share their enjoyment of Disney and will talk about it with anyone!

i dont think the thread is ridiculous at all ...I dont like spelling mistakes being used here to laugh at though as i think it will put people off posting!
Im sure i do speak for the majority (not just the UK)!!

When did I say anything about spelling mistakes? Also, even though I never use the term, Brekkie and kiddo aren't spelling mistakes, they are colloquialisms and are also in the dictionary under those spellings.

The thread is utterly ridiculous, it's completely hilarious, but it's totally ridiculous. I never said that I don't enjoy it, just that some people take it too seriously. case in point.........

Last edited:
When did I say anything about spelling mistakes? Also, even though I never use the term, Brekkie isn't a spelling mistake, it is a colloquialism and is also in the dictionary under that spelling. The thread is utterly ridiculous, it's completely hilarious, but it's totally ridiculous. I never said that I don't enjoy it, just that some people take it too seriously. case in point.........
I think you have misunderstood!..I never said it was you!!.'''

Littles As in, "The littles are picky. Where should we eat?"
Guilty!

‘worth’. As in, “Is xxxxxx worth the price?”Impossible for anyone to answer becaue value is so often subjective.
I totally agree.

"Has anyone ever"(insert Disney related experience here)No one here has ever..you will be the first.
:rotfl:Yes! Every time I see, "has anyone ever eaten at _____?"I always want to respond that way too!
It's really, really hard for me to rein in the sarcasm when I read that.
I finally got it out of my system right here, in this very thread. I have ALWAYS wanted to reply that way.
YES - I see this one more on some of the Facebook groups than as much here, but I am always so tempted to reply "No, you are the first one EVER to eat a Crystal Palace (or wherever they asked)"
YES!!! I always mutter sarcastic responses to myself when I see these.

More of a FB thing, but anyone who types “.....and GO!” after a question needs to have a word with themselves.
It drives me nuts.
I don't answer when people post that, apparently I don't react well to being told what to do.

AP: Associate Press
TTC: Trying To Conceive
It took me a while to stop reading them like that :confused3
And also DTD and CM.

There are two that I can't stand.

1. Food Poisoning
2. Hands Down

First, if someone had food poisoning from Chef Mickey, Coral Reef, San Angel Inn, Tony's and a few others as often as people say they were food poisoned these places would be shut down, inspected and more than a person or two would be sick from it. I'm willing to bet most of the time the person just didn't like the food or restaurant or it just didn't agree with them and gave them the well... we'll leave it at that. :rotfl2:

I also hate the expression "Hands Down." The expression means Easily & Decisive. Without question. The origin according to the Oxford English Dictionary is believed to come from horse racing and was used in sporting pages and "hands down" was used to describe a race that was so secure that the jockey could relax and drop the reins before crossing the finish line. The way I see it, there is no such thing as "hands down" for a restaurant. Some may say that LeCellier was the most incredible, earth shattering, life changing, most euphoric almost out of body experience I have ever had, and others will say give me an Outback or Longhorn Steakhouse any day of the week over LeCellier. (
For the record, I personally think that LeCellier is a rather average dining experience).

First, if someone had food poisoning from Chef Mickey, Coral Reef, San Angel Inn, Tony's and a few others as often as people say they were food poisoned these places would be shut down, inspected and more than a person or two would be sick from it. I'm willing to bet most of the time the person just didn't like the food or restaurant or it just didn't agree with them and gave them the well... we'll leave it at that. :rotfl2:

I learned not to claim food poisoning a long time ago, as a friend of mine works in Environmental Health. It's her job to deal with all the people who call asking for restaurants to be inspected or shut down because they claim that they got sick there. In the 18 years I have known her, she said that she has only has 2 instances of people who actually have food poisoning. Certainly she covers a fairly rural area, but even so, it's almost never food poisoning!

How about "Or" :charac2:

As in _____ or ______? Without any real question at all, one or the other, post a poll for pity's sake if you just want A or B answers without any other possible criteria mentioned?!:furious:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter