• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What food is on everyone's top 10 list that you just hate?

I have another addition to the list. Not so much that I don't like them, but they must be made perfect for me to enjoy them. If they're not, they're just meh and a carrier for toppings.

*breathes in*

*exhales*

Don't kill me.

mickey-waffles.jpg

If these guys aren't crunchy, they're not my favorite. If they're soft and mushy, I will use them as a carrier for whipped cream and assorted fruit toppings that I like to pretend are healthy because they're fruit.

The Plaza

I'm interested as to why you don't like the Plaza. That's one of those restaurants that I've always meant to try, but just never gotten "round to". And if I'm not mistaken, the Plaza doesn't take reservations now, so I don't see myself getting around to it soon. Wondering if maybe I shouldn't bother.

Dole whips, was so wanting to like these, but just tasted really funky:crazy2: I'm in the citrus swirl camp, love them:love:
Turkey legs, so greasy & messy especially on a hot summer day, tasted:crazy2:
School bread, while not terrible, just not all that
Carrot cake cookie, way too sweet, would have been good with less filling
Mickey bars, saddens me to say cause I used to love these, idk maybe my tastes are changing
The brioche ice cream sandwich, too much bread, not enough ice cream
Caramel apple in Germany , yuck

Via Napoli...just don't get the love here. But just shows our different tastes. And we love wood fired pizza. Just found this to be pretty bland...make that really bland. Bad service didn't add much either.

Okay, here's my list
LeFou's Brew. Nasty, nasty stuff. Threw most of it away. The three of us tried one to see if we liked it. We didn't.
Ooey, Gooey Toffee Cake from LTT. Just a fat chocolate chip cookie with a scoop of ice cream and toppings. I was expecting something like Sticky Toffee Pudding which I adore. It was nothing like that. Did not finish it.
Turkey Legs. My husband gets one now and then. I just avoid looking at him eating it. I do not chew on bones.
Any Disney cupcake. I make really good cupcakes at home and they look nothing like the ones at Disney. I don't put as much icing as cake on them. Just a thin swipe.
Chocolate, caramel apples. Terrible waste of a beautiful apple. Just dip in caramel and be done with them. No ears, no sprinkles, no M&Ms, no chocolate, no nuts (especially peanuts. Peanuts spoil everything).
Rice Krispy treats. Another thing I make at home that tastes pretty good just as they are. They don't need all sorts of junk on them.
Cinnamon Roll at Gaston's. Dry, dry, dry, even with a ton of icing. We bought two for the two of us and threw most of them away. I should know by now to avoid anything at Gaston's.
Anything Werther's in Germany. You can buy most of them in the grocery store. And the ones in the case are just too darned costly. $4 for a caramel? No, thank you.
The nasty cookies in the window cases. They are not confectionaries. They are bakery items.
Waffles with anything but syrup. Waffles are for breakfast, not for dinner with salad or chicken. We always stopped at Sleepy Hollow on our last morning before leaving to head home. We'd bring back an empty caramel corn bucket and get a refill to eat in the car. And usually another bucketful. But no more.

:laughing:
Okay, here's my list
LeFou's Brew. Nasty, nasty stuff. Threw most of it away. The three of us tried one to see if we liked it. We didn't.
Ooey, Gooey Toffee Cake from LTT. Just a fat chocolate chip cookie with a scoop of ice cream and toppings. I was expecting something like Sticky Toffee Pudding which I adore. It was nothing like that. Did not finish it.
Turkey Legs. My husband gets one now and then. I just avoid looking at him eating it. I do not chew on bones.
Any Disney cupcake. I make really good cupcakes at home and they look nothing like the ones at Disney. I don't put as much icing as cake on them. Just a thin swipe.
Chocolate, caramel apples. Terrible waste of a beautiful apple. Just dip in caramel and be done with them. No ears, no sprinkles, no M&Ms, no chocolate, no nuts (especially peanuts. Peanuts spoil everything).
Rice Krispy treats. Another thing I make at home that tastes pretty good just as they are. They don't need all sorts of junk on them.
Cinnamon Roll at Gaston's. Dry, dry, dry, even with a ton of icing. We bought two for the two of us and threw most of them away. I should know by now to avoid anything at Gaston's.
Anything Werther's in Germany. You can buy most of them in the grocery store. And the ones in the case are just too darned costly. $4 for a caramel? No, thank you.
The nasty cookies in the window cases. They are not confectionaries. They are bakery items.
Waffles with anything but syrup. Waffles are for breakfast, not for dinner with salad or chicken. We always stopped at Sleepy Hollow on our last morning before leaving to head home. We'd bring back an empty caramel corn bucket and get a refill to eat in the car. And usually another bucketful. But no more.
Tell us how you really feel. :rotfl:

The grapefruit cake and the school bread. Blech. The gray stuff at BOG is very over rated and kinda icky. And really gross was the Le Freu's Brew from Gaston's....so shockingly yuck. I was expecting butterbeer like drink but it was tropical-ish instead of butterscotch-ish

DH would say the giant turkey leg. He wanted to try one for years. He just always drooled over them but he never had a chance to get one. Finally he had one and said it was gross.[/QUOTE

Dole Whip, and pizza at Via Napoli. I dont get the love affair for either one. sorry.

I'm interested as to why you don't like the Plaza. That's one of those restaurants that I've always meant to try, but just never gotten "round to". And if I'm not mistaken, the Plaza doesn't take reservations now, so I don't see myself getting around to it soon. Wondering if maybe I shouldn't bother.

I love the Plaza. Have to admit I have a usual go-to, which is tuna on a croissant. Its light enough that I have a little room for the ice cream dessert! Im also not over the top stuffed when I leave so I can enjoy walking around several more hours after lunch. LTT, on the other hand, is good, but the meals are soooo heavy. If I have lunch there, Im ready for a nap when I leave.

It's the smoking that does it. Smoke a pork chop and it will tend to gain a ham like flavor.
It's not the smoking...it's the curing process that they go through. They are injected with, essentially, brine and nitrates. That's why all the meat is pink (instead of just a "smoke ring" of pink on the edges). Nitrate causes the "ham" flavor.

I can't stand seafood, so I avoid it. But what really grosses me out is shrimp and grits. EEEEEWWWWW! :crazy2:

The rice crispy treats smothered in tons of pastel colored candy melt. All decorated SO cute, shaped like Mickey, sometimes with edible graphics on them. But it never fails, they look SO good that I buy one EVERY ding dang time and EVERY time I bite in and think "Why did I do this again?!?!?!" So gross!!!
I LOVE the Rice Krispie treats!! So much so that we used a bunch of our remaining snack credits to stock up. :oops:

It's not the smoking...it's the curing process that they go through. They are injected with, essentially, brine and nitrates. That's why all the meat is pink (instead of just a "smoke ring" of pink on the edges). Nitrate causes the "ham" flavor.

I'll buy that. Although I have achieved a similar result in my smoker. Maybe not quite as intense.

Dole Whips
Turkey Legs (W.T.F....horrid.. To look at, to smell, to eat.).
The margaritas (or any alcoholic drink) out of a pre-mix thing. Gross.

Another vote (against?) for turkey legs...big, nasty, greasy things. I did like the smell and it led me to try one. Definitely one and done!

Give me a Citrus Swirl over Dole Whip any day, and I confess to eating my money's worth in Zebra domes at Boma. Love the creamy texture and all that sweetness. Never could detect any taste of Kahlua, though.

My Biggest dining disappointment was BOG breakfast. Very average pastries, hot items all cold, bad coffee and just awful service, for a ridiculously big bill.

I'm sure the turkey legs taste fine, but I can never get past my first visual impression of them: DH and I were heading into MK, and we saw people eating what we thought were ice cream cones (the eaters were holding the turkey legs vertically). I thought, "Man, those are some nasty-looking ice cream cones. Wait...are those tendons? Gross! Oh, wait. It's a turkey leg. Never mind."

Dole Whips is the only one that comes to mind for me. Tried it for the first time last year after reading all the hype about it, but I really didn't care for it too much. I'm going to give it another try this year though because I'm stubborn lol.

I "WANT" to like Cannoli but every time I have tried it I can't see what the fuss is about :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter