What food is on everyone's top 10 list that you just hate?

While at Disney? 1) Vegetables 2) Fruit... hahha

But seriously: I'd never touch the turkey leg. The two times I've been with someone who's eaten them they've gotten sick. Whether by coincidence or not, I won't take that chance.

I tried the cannoli cupcake and it was terrible. Should have listened to Ryno's warning on DisUnplugged.

School Bread tastes like bathroom cleaner.

And back in the day I hated the coffee at Disney. I used to stop off at Starbucks in MCO and get a venti and drink it like it was the last time I'd see coffee.

While at Disney? 1) Vegetables 2) Fruit... hahha

But seriously: I'd never touch the turkey leg. The two times I've been with someone who's eaten them they've gotten sick. Whether by coincidence or not, I won't take that chance.

I tried the cannoli cupcake and it was terrible. Should have listened to Ryno's warning on DisUnplugged.

School Bread tastes like bathroom cleaner.

And back in the day I hated the coffee at Disney. I used to stop off at Starbucks in MCO and get a venti and drink it like it was the last time I'd see coffee.
I need to know what kind of delish, coconutty-vanilla bathroom cleaner you're using because I need to buy it in bulk. :rotfl2:

This thread is great, although I do like a lot of the stuff others hate. But honestly I don't hate any food at WDW. I've had some bad dining experiences, but I chalk that up to food preparation or just one-off's.

But if I were to list anything here it's definitely the prepackaged Character cookies (how are these things worth a snack credit). I think I chipped a tooth biting into one of my kids Belle or Boba Fett cookies before. And not that it's a WDW food / beverage per se, but the coffee in the hotel rooms (not the dining area, the in room coffee itself, the little pods) is just awful

Well, that certainly brings up one that's not even Disney specific, but applies since they're in the parks, too. Starbuck's coffee for me. It tastes like they burn the beans when they roast them.

Yeah, as a big coffee person I can agree with this. Starbucks is fine if you order very specific, usually "plain" things (an Americano, an iced coffee with no sweetener, a plain latte, etc), but otherwise it's just a sugar delivery vehicle. I've always thought they overroast their beans that way to still leave a trace of coffee-like flavor in the sea of sugary syrups and toppings they load their drinks down with. It's gross. :(

I must say I really enjoy Disney's coffee now that they've switched over to having it provided by Joffrey's. It makes me kinda sad to see the insane lines at Starbucks in the parks when there are better options now. Joffrey's is a real coffee roaster and they do a great job of tailoring their roasts and blends to the different restaurants on property. I've often considered ordering some of the California Grill whole beans to make at home when I'm missing Disney!

Well, that certainly brings up one that's not even Disney specific, but applies since they're in the parks, too. Starbuck's coffee for me. It tastes like they burn the beans when they roast them.
I don't drink coffee but those who do have said that the blonde roasts don't taste burnt. I stick to chai lattes. :)

Another vote for the School Bread and Grapefruit cake, I've honestly tried both and I just don't get it.

I also don't get Via napoli, and maybe this is unfair since we've never eaten there, but the last meal I want while on vacation is pizza. So really any pizza or the foodie version-flatbread- is off the table for us. I admit that we have eaten pizza at WDW when our son was younger or we had a grandkid along, but it's never first choice. At home pizza is what we eat when no one has time or feels like cooking, lol.

DH use to love the turkey legs until he had to fight off the birds for it. It was seriously scary how they were coming after him, funny now, not so much then.

Another vote for the School Bread and Grapefruit cake, I've honestly tried both and I just don't get it.

I also don't get Via napoli, and maybe this is unfair since we've never eaten there, but the last meal I want while on vacation is pizza. So really any pizza or the foodie version-flatbread- is off the table for us. I admit that we have eaten pizza at WDW when our son was younger or we had a grandkid along, but it's never first choice. At home pizza is what we eat when no one has time or feels like cooking, lol.

DH use to love the turkey legs until he had to fight off the birds for it. It was seriously scary how they were coming after him, funny now, not so much then.
Which is kind of strange because it's cannibalism.

Via Napoli's melon pizza is the bees knees. I wouldn't order anything else from there.

Which is kind of strange because it's cannibalism.

Via Napoli's melon pizza is the bees knees. I wouldn't order anything else from there.

I am Mom to an African Grey parrot and believe me when I say that he will devour turkey, chicken and loves hard boiled eggs. He will share in anything we eat, we call him a cannibal all the time, lol.

Great thread, I always wondered if there is something wrong with me as I don't really like Dole Whip... maybe hate is a strong word but I dislike it for sure.
I would not chow down on a turkey leg either, just grosses me out ;)
I also really dislike all the chocolate covered, sprinkled rice Krispy's treats. Sugar overload.

There hasn't been anything I HATED, but some things have been overhyped for sure.

• The cheese soup at Le Cellier tasted like flour. Maybe I got a bad batch, but it looked like glue and the taste wasn't much better.
  • Almond Crusted Cheesecake from Narcoossee's. There was so much almond extract it had a very strong alcohol taste...and I love alcohol. But not in my desserts I guess?'
  • Butterfinger Cupcake - Starring Rolls. Mine was freezing cold so the frosting just tasted like cold butter. I enjoyed the Darth Vader peanut butter cupcake MUCH more.

Whilst I can't say I hated it-the tuna sandwich at chh was gross and I didn't eat it....
And the service was terrible also;
We shall never return!

I'm very selective regarding my food choices in general-so I never order anything I'm unsure of -
A vegetable sandwich from the quick service at okw was quickly passed to dh after opening...
Every other morcel which has passed my lips at wdw has been most pleasant.

Okay folks.

Popcorn.

Love it? Hate it? Need an IV pump of fluids after eating it?

I'll have a handful but that's really it.

Attachments

• IMG_6391.JPG
    IMG_6391.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter