• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What food is on everyone's top 10 list that you just hate?

I do, a day or two. Mine are plenty smoky, but the meat is still white (except a small smoke band). They never come out ham-pink.

Only the dark meat will. It might not work on a whole turkey. Too much good juice flowing. :worship:

I finally tried school bread on my last trip and wondered what the fascination with it was. It was dry with very little custard. I didn't hate it; I cant't muster up enough passion for it to hate it. I also feel the same way about the warm cinnamon roll at Gaston's. It was also dry and certainly wasn't warm.

Dole Whip. I would rather suck on a penny.
:lmao: :rotfl2: This is funny. I hear you though. Its definitely over hyped.

For me its Ohana food at dinner. Didn't like it at all. Really don't get the hype. But hey, to each their own.

Oh, and turkey legs. GROSS!!!

While not a snack per say... But you see a lot of people sharing it...

Drum roll please....

Turkey Legs...... I just want to gag every time I see someone eating one... Don't get me wrong.. I like turkey and enjoy eating it at home or in sit down restaurants, but it has to be on a plate... Yes I did try it once it was terrible, overcooked but somehow greasy at the same time... Ohhhhh I have to stop now...

Wow.
All this dole whip aversion has only done one thing for me: Make me wish I had a Dole Whip. I will say this though - the Tamu Tamu DW was way sweeter and icier than the ones I had from Aloha. I frickin LOVE Dole Whips - to me they are everything. The ones at Aloha were creamy and borderline sour. I thought it couldn't get any more perfect...until I tried a pineapple float.

I loathe Dole Whips.

I have no desire to try the turkey leg. I've said it before (either here somewhere or on a FB group) that they're like the Reese's PB cup (another one I hate) of snacks for me. Very "you got Ren Faire in my Disney" "well YOU got Disney in my Ren Faire!"

The whole idea just does nothing for me.

I am also not interested in school bread and think that cupcakes are better with much less frosting. (But I love those QS chocolate cake desserts. Go figure.)

I've purposely stayed away from the restaurants at AKL because I'm worried our reaction will be the same.
I felt the exact same and avoided Boma for years. Last year I was trying to go to new places instead if my usual favorites. After reading rave reviews of Boma, we went for breakfast on our last day. It was right up there with my top favorites for breakfast. So much so that we are skipping Tusker House this year on our AK day and going to Boma for breakfast before we go to the park. The food there, for breakfast, doesnt have the spices like Tusker House. And they have Mickey AND Simba Waffles :) So cute!!

12002635_903999752968455_3372291027067846900_o.jpg

I don't have specific food but I have restaurants.
Garden Grill (we call it Garden Ew)
Coral Reef
The Plaza

Whats wrong with Garden Ew ? !!! Im trying it for the first time in a couple of months, for breakfast. There is still time to switch ;)
Never been to Coral Reef, for some reason I just think seafood when I see the name and Im not a fan of seafood.
I actually love the Plaza. Tuna on croissant and ice cream for dessert :) Mmmmm.

My 3 worst restaurant picks are:

Tusker House (only been there for breakfasts)
Trails End (dinner)
BOG (breakfast and lunch)

I don't think I've ever had anything I *hate* at WDW.

That being said, Mickey bars seem like a waste - I don't get how they could possibly be as good as some people let on. It's just chocolate covered vanilla ice cream.

Wasn't impressed with zebra domes. I think they'd be better with more crunch - as it was, they were way too mushy.

I've also never had a turkey leg, but they look revolting. (I HATE ham - I can't even think about it too much without feeling nauseous - so if the turkey legs taste like ham...)

Tonga toast was blah. I normally like granulated sugar on donuts, churros, etc, but for some reason, it was way too much on the tonga toast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter