What food is on everyone's top 10 list that you just hate?

schrammalot

Mouseketeer
There are all of these top ten lists of best Disney snacks. I know we don't agree with all of these lists. What food or snack is always on the list that makes you go "ew."?

My personal one? The Grapefruit cake from the Brown Derby. Ew.

9d5ebf56e5701a69b7fcdaa62e086a4a.jpg

that's a restaurant and not a specific food, i know....so i'll also say the cream cheese pretzel. i got this once and was SO EXCITED because i love cream cheese AND pretzels and then i bit in and.....the cream cheese was sweetened and disgusting. nobody mentioned that it was meant to be a SWEET snack!! this would be so so so good with regular cream cheese as a savory treat, imo.

we didn't get the hype with the cream cheese filled pretzel... Maybe it was am off day but it was not impressive. And I was bummed because we were looking forward to it

Love the grapefruit cake! :rotfl:

I don't think I "hate" anything, but there are things I would just never order:

The above mentioned cream cheese pretzel just sounds disgusting.
Just saw a picture of some breakfast sundae at MK... :scared1:
Dole whips aren't appealing to me.
The carrot cake cookie just looks like it will make my teeth hurt.

(can you tell I'm not much for the sweets? probably why I like the grapefruit cake :laughing:)

A lot of the sweet treats around property (included most of the cupcakes) seem like over processed, overly sweet calorie traps to me. I've literally never had a mickey bar - they just look like common grocery crap to me. Even as a kid I wasn't into it. I'm a "picky eater" of a different kind.

I do love Dole Whips and Grapefruit cake, and while not too sugary, Dole Whips are certainly artificially delicious.

Not a snack, but the breakfast (corned beef??) hash at Tusker House.

Not a fan of Dole Whip either, but its not totally ewwww, just a ehhh.

that's a restaurant and not a specific food, i know....so i'll also say the cream cheese pretzel. i got this once and was SO EXCITED because i love cream cheese AND pretzels and then i bit in and.....the cream cheese was sweetened and disgusting. nobody mentioned that it was meant to be a SWEET snack!! this would be so so so good with regular cream cheese as a savory treat, imo.

The jalapeño pretzel was less sweet and very tasty. Too bad it's gone.

The grapefruit cake and the school bread. Blech. The gray stuff at BOG is very over rated and kinda icky. And really gross was the Le Freu's Brew from Gaston's....so shockingly yuck. I was expecting butterbeer like drink but it was tropical-ish instead of butterscotch-ish

DH would say the giant turkey leg. He wanted to try one for years. He just always drooled over them but he never had a chance to get one. Finally he had one and said it was gross.

Agree with BOG grey stuff, not good AT ALL!
Nothing else comes to mind, however we don't snack a lot, we're more eat a meal, wait 5 hours, eat another meal.
Love this thread! Great idea!
BTW, loved the turkey legs, had it and shared for a meal at FT in AK! Awesome!
(I know, what tickles my feathers other people hate!)
Gotta love diversity!

The other night, at Boma, I watched one woman nearly stab another woman in the hand with a fork to get at the Zebra Domes more quickly. If I didn't already hate Zebra Domes, that would have pushed me over the edge.

1. Dole Whips. I dislike the icy texture and how it looks like it should be creamy but isn't. Citrus Swirl FTW! The Dole Whip swirl you can get at Pineapple Lanai, however, is quite good and I'm always shocked how it isn't far more popular than its plain equivalent. I guess because you can only get it outside MK?

2. Basically the entire 'Ohana menu.

3. The lobster roll at Columbia Harbor House. No, I haven't had it, but just seeing pictures of that much mayo in one place makes my stomach hurt. :crazy2: Not my thing!!

Love this thread!

And I forgot about Le Frou's Brew. While I don't love sweets as a rule, it was hot, and we wanted something refreshing on the way out to Epcot, I thought the sweet would be refreshing, it was SO sweet, I had to go back to the hotel to brush my teeth first. Super gross!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!