What food is on everyone's top 10 list that you just hate?

Another one with the Dole Whips, not worth standing in line for when I can get a real live ice cream cone.
Any of the waffle sandwiches, sorry I like my waffle on a plate with syrup.

I agree with the turkey legs... gross! My hubby got one and said it just basically tasted like ham. I'd rather have the ham!

Add me to the anti-turkey leg group. I also don't care for Dole Whips and don't get the fuss about Mickey Bars. Aren't they just less flavorful versions of Dove Bars.

You got a bad Dole Whip. It's supposed to be creamy. Often at MK, they are icy. It's always a gamble there.

Last time I got a citrus swirl, it was icy like that and I threw it out. I was so sad.

Disneyland manages to make them right 100% of the time. They are always creamy there.

I agree the pineapple/vanilla swirl combo is he best.

My husband loves them so I've had a bite of his a couple different times and they've always been like that. I guess it's cause Dole Whips have no dairy in them? They just never taste creamy to me. Adding the vanilla soft serve changes everything though!

I have to say the frosted shortbread, character cookies wrapped in plastic wrap sold in almost every gift shop. They are beautiful and irresistible to kids but I'm pretty sure they are not even meant to be edible. Someone can easily break a tooth biting into one and they have zero flavor. Warning, if you have never had one, they are a health hazard.

- dole whip. Don't hate them, but they are just OK. Dole whip floats are worse though. Still, I have a dole whip on most trips...just because its a dole whip.

- turkey legs. YUCK. They taste like VERY salty ham. I was sooo excited and our whole family didn't like it. Then again, we're not big fans of ham unless they are not too salty.

- character cookies like PP said above. Blah tasting

- decorate your own rice krispy whatevers. I like rice krispies....but the candy coating is too much for me. My kids like it though.

- cupcakes. I LOVE cakes, treats, and pastries. But cupcakes are just OK. Not a huge fan of them either in or out of the World. A slice of cake is so much better!

- schoolbread. I love custard. I love coconut. I love bread. Winning combo, right? Tried it 2x now and I just don't get it.

You got a bad Dole Whip. It's supposed to be creamy. Often at MK, they are icy. It's always a gamble there.

Last time I got a citrus swirl, it was icy like that and I threw it out. I was so sad.

Disneyland manages to make them right 100% of the time. They are always creamy there.

Your experince is different than mine, every Dole whip I've ever had at Disneyland has been icy.

- dole whip. Don't hate them, but they are just OK. Dole whip floats are worse though. Still, I have a dole whip on most trips...just because its a dole whip.

- turkey legs. YUCK. They taste like VERY salty ham. I was sooo excited and our whole family didn't like it. Then again, we're not big fans of ham unless they are not too salty.

- character cookies like PP said above. Blah tasting

- decorate your own rice krispy whatevers. I like rice krispies....but the candy coating is too much for me. My kids like it though.

- cupcakes. I LOVE cakes, treats, and pastries. But cupcakes are just OK. Not a huge fan of them either in or out of the World. A slice of cake is so much better!

- schoolbread. I love custard. I love coconut. I love bread. Winning combo, right? Tried it 2x now and I just don't get it.

You take that comment about schoolbread back!

hate is strong but don't like:
tonga toast
dole whips
school bread
I didn't realize the lobster roll from CHH was on anyone's top list but ad it to my "no way will it pass my lips" list... but I'm from new england.

hate is strong but don't like:
tonga toast
dole whips
school bread
I didn't realize the lobster roll from CHH was on anyone's top list but ad it to my "no way will it pass my lips" list... but I'm from new england.

I haven't had Tonga toast but it just does not look appealing to me at all!

I also just wanted to say I've been reading you're dining review and loving it :thumbsup2

I haven't had Tonga toast but it just does not look appealing to me at all!

I also just wanted to say I've been reading you're dining review and loving it :thumbsup2
So you know I am not much for sweets either, lol. thanks! I haven't had any of those items in around a decade but no desire to try them again. Well maybe the dole whip on a hot day but I remember it tasting really chemical-y to me.

Count me in on the anti-turkey legs bandwagon. Ick.

I also disliked my entire meal at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I had heard such good things... got there... yuck.

A lot of the sweet treats around property (included most of the cupcakes) seem like over processed, overly sweet calorie traps to me. I've literally never had a mickey bar - they just look like common grocery crap to me. Even as a kid I wasn't into it. I'm a "picky eater" of a different kind.

I do love Dole Whips and Grapefruit cake, and while not too sugary, Dole Whips are certainly artificially delicious.
That's pretty much what they are. At Disney, people will by anything remotely shaped like Mickey.

I already mentioned the digusting breakfast hash at Tusker House, but I also remembered the runny scrambled eggs at Akershus. Disgusting....

12045531_903943079640789_8628539355517176789_o.jpg

I absolutely hated the Strawberry Soup at 1900 Park Fare! It was just gross and my whole party felt that way!

I don't get the hype with this "soup". It is LITERALLY strawberries blended with heavy cream and sugar (I have the official recipe). You can make it at home in seconds. It's just a really fattening smoothie that you eat with a spoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter