What are some amazing things to do in Disney that are not well known?

One thing that I like to do..more on the romantic side...is to visit the wishing well on the side of the castle with my fiance. Just a special not so know, hardly visited spot to just stand ay for a bit for the two of us.

A couple years ago I went on the Culinary Tour at AKL (don't know if they still do it, but maybe someone who's stayed there recently could tell you). You got to meet the chefs at both Jiko and Boma, they told you about the architecture and "story" of the restaurants AND they gave you free samples of some of the food.
There is also an African art tour, and a Cultural Safari led by one of the cultural exchange CMs who tells you about their home country and shows pictures, etc. A nice way to spend an afternoon/evening.

At Epcot I like to go over to the Seas around 3 PM--they feed the fish in the main aquarium around that time with a little presentation/Q&A and it is really neat to see how they do it. Then shortly after that they do a dolphin presentation where a trainer has one of the dolphins demonstrate a few behaviors for the crowd.

I also am a fan of the torch lighting at the Poly with the fire-twirler from the luau ;)

OK, I'm another! I searched all over Ebay and couldn't find it either. Please help me! Thanks for the info!
Michael

:wizard: :santa:

I found the store you guys listed but there are no carriages offered.
has anyone found the pumpkin carriages anywhere else?

I found the crown cage but no carriage on that link. I emailed the seller.

When I bought mine off ebay and they had ran out so I had to talk to the seller. She is nice and does have lots. She will relist them again. She actually shipped mine on Friday so I should get it maybe Friday of this week or sometime the following week since i'm from Canada.

If for some reason you can't get one....PM me and i'll tell you where else to look.

:goodvibes

HELP...no luck with cjs designs on Ebay...leaving in 12 days! I wish I had found this earlier!!!

I had trouble finding this store on ebay when I first looked for it so here is the website for cjs designs...not sure if you had no luck finding it:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/CjS-Jewelry-Design

It looks like they don't have any of the carriage pearl cages listed right now but I'd send the seller an email because they must have more ~ can't hurt to ask!! Good luck! :goodvibes

I found the crown cage but no carriage on that link. I emailed the seller.

The seller emailed me and said she would be relisting next week and would let me know when. I'll pass the info. along asap. Thanks to the PP for the beautiful picture and the link. I bet the seller is wonder what in the WORLD is going on. I can't wait to get one!!:goodvibes

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, last time we visited the MK we went to collect some photographs on main street. The queue was long, but around the back of the sore there are loads of scenes set up. We got loads of great photos and the kids didn't notice the queue so much.

I think I've missed this area...Where exactly on Main St. is this?

One thing that I like to do..more on the romantic side...is to visit the wishing well on the side of the castle with my fiance. Just a special not so know, hardly visited spot to just stand ay for a bit for the two of us.

I've always wanted to go to the wishing well but I've never found it. How do you get there?

Okay I didn't see my favorites!!

MGM - find the Singing in the Rain Umbrella! Honey I shrunk the kids playground - put your arms in the dogs nose for a surprise. Indiana Jones - on the outside there's what looks like a water hole with a teapee of sticks and a rope - pull the rope!

MK - Cinderella's wishing fountain on the side of the castle - great place to propose. Find the horse on the carosuel with the gold ribbon - that's Cinderella's horse.

EPCOT - hopscotch at UK and the red box telephone

Hi. I just wanted to say thanks for the Pick-A-Pearl idea. I had totally forgotten about this and wanted to do it for my DD and myself as a special keepsake. I just ordered a plain cage for both of us, total cost a little over $10 with shipping! I'll bring them and surprise her with the whole experience.

Does anyone know if you can use the Birthday Fun Card for this? I think someone mentioned they were not owned by Disney, so I'm assuming not.

Thanks again,:goodvibes

I've always wanted to go to the wishing well but I've never found it. How do you get there?

You can either go through the castle and then walk to the right, or you can go to the left entrance/exit of Starlight Ray's and walk past Story Time with Belle towards the hub and the walkway will be on your right.

You can also do Pick-A-Pearl at the Yacht/Beach Club. They have a small stand near the waterslide and Hurricane Hanna's. I would get the pearl in Japan as they turn it into a little show, which makes it more exciting, but you can take the pearl in a small ziplock bag and look at all the other Pick-A-Pearl locations for settings, if you decide to get a setting at Japan, just bring it back and they will set it. Also, if you get two pearls that are different sizes or colors and want earrings, they can switch out one of the pearls for another that matches better. Last September the pearls in Japan were $14.99
photo.php

You can either go through the castle and then walk to the right, or you can go to the left entrance/exit of Starlight Ray's and walk past Story Time with Belle towards the hub and the walkway will be on your right.

Thanks!

What are some activties, places to go to, things to see that are not well known or well advertised in Disney World that you can tell me about??

Example: Picking an oyster and having the pearl that was inside made into a ring at EPOCT/Japan was awesome -- but I would never had known about it if my friend did not tell me about it.

Does anyone else have an fun -not well known- things to do in Disney?

Just a fun fact. Years ago, they use to have pearl divers. They had a large tank, the girls would dive down to the bottom, and bring up a hand full of oyster's for you to choose from. It was really cool.:cool2:

Thanks for all the Great Tips. My son will be having his B-Day at the World and I think that the Pearl Tip will help bring some Magic to my DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter