What are some amazing things to do in Disney that are not well known?

I am now obsessed with these cages too! LOL I messaged the seller. Hopefully they'll be a couple for me left over:thumbsup2

One that hasn't been mentioned yet - looking for the key at the Muppets in DSH.

The runners up:
-Electric Water Parade
-The art gallery in the Japan Pavilion

We love to do the drawing at Animations also - if you do this, remember to bring a tube so you can roll up your drawings and put them inside so they don't get wrinkled - or you can buy a tube there.

We also like the Glass Blowing demonstration on Main Street.

Guess we're gonna have to do the pearl thing now too, my DD's been wanting to do that for awhile and I love those cage necklaces!

THANK YOU for posting this! What a deal!!!

I received my carriage pearl cage in the mail today. Let me tell you it's more beautiful in person. I can't wait to pick a pearl in November. It can't come fast enough.

Thanks for all these wonderful tidbits!! I wish I had something to share, but its been too long since I went to share much LOL
altho I can say, don't forget to send an e postcard, even if you only send it to yourself!!!

Ok, so I ordered 2 carriages for my DDs, but I wonder if I should have ordered one for myself too LOL although I know I wouldn't wear it on a daily basis...hhmmm lol :dance3:

We have been to WDW dozens of times and just this past trip did the Animation class at DHS. It was awesome! I can't believe we missed it all this time. It is in the Animation building, about a half hour class with a Disney animator, you learn how to draw a particular character. My DD10 who loves to draw and I did it (DH and DD16 can only draw stick figures so did not go). Our character that class was Sorcerer Mickey, who happened to be signing autographs right there in the Animation Building. We met him after the class and he signed our artwork. I would definitely recommend if you like to draw even a little bit.

Years ago they had a full day animation class at what was the Disney/MGM Studios. In 1991 I signed my daughter up for it (cost was $75) and she spent the entire day with the animators. They were working on Aladdin at that time. She sat right along side them as they hand drew and painted the cells. She drew a character of her own creation which was then mounted on a wall. She loved it, but since they moved everything out as far as a working studio, they don't offer that anymore.

Don't forget the candy lady outside at Japan - right outside where you get the pick-a-pearl. Her candy characters are amazing!!

I didn't see it posted, but maybe I just missed it... anyway a neat little surprise, in The Chapeau, the hat store on Main Street in MK, there's an old time telephone on the wall, if you pick it up you can hear a party line conversation going on!

Here's one I never thought of doing for myself as an adult; we were in the World Showcase Morocco with the kids doing the passport signing and stamp signing (thanks Creative Disigns for all the fun ideas) when my DH started a conversation with a CM at the register. In the course of telling us about her country, she took out a length of blank paper from the register and signed DH's name in Arabic and gave it to him. When I came over she asked for mine, did the same for me, and repeated it for DS and DD. All of a sudden, I wished I had made a passport for myself so I could get my stamp and greetings done in a different language! I have those register papers neatly tucked away in my organizer and I look at it now and that puts a smile on my face. I think next visit I'll be in line at the Kidcots!
IMG_6359.jpg

Karpkg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter