• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW cancelled our castle dinner?

Let's just say I hope Disney never decides to "do right by" me.
Creating (or "coincidentally finding") the better pair of reservations for the OP clearly satisfied m in a way the original options wouldn't. I suppose technically that means WDW exceeded the expectation of 'making it right's.
The fact that it was better for the op was a happy coincidence - not Disney magic and pixie dust.
For it to be a 'happy coincidence, the second CM would have had to have located or created the perfect combination of BBB/CRT reservations before any contact with the OP.
Handeled brilliantly??
Lol!!! Only after the OP pushed back.
Initially it was handled terribly.

MG
"No, none of the alternatives you offer are satisfactory." being interpreted as 'pushing back' is an interesting interpretation.

Last edited:
Creating (or "coincidentally finding") the better pair of reservations for the OP clearly satisfied m in a way the original options wouldn't. I suppose technically that means WDW exceeded the expectation of 'making it right's.

For it to be a 'happy conference's, the second CM would have had to have located or created the perfect combination of BBB/CRT reservations before any contact with the OP.

"No, none of the alternatives you offer are satisfactory." being interpreted as 'pushing back' is an interesting interpretation.
LOL!!!! You can't make it up!!!

The apologists are out in full force!!

MG

LOL!!!! You can't make it up!!!

The apologists are out in full force!!

MG
I posted on this thread hoping that someone at Disney would take notice that many people consider it unacceptable for Disney to disrupt their plans to accommodate a later-scheduled upcharge event. I acknowledge and respect the opinions of those who believe that this was perhaps an unavoidable business decision and that no harm occurs if Disney takes steps to make them whole or even put them in a better position. I would rather Disney not cause the disruption in the first place than to have to deal with a change of plans while on vacation. Opinions will differ based on how flexible people are, and it has nothing to do with how much they love Disney.

On a plus note, I've learned quite a bit from this thread: (1) the definition of elderly is quite fluid; (2) statistical analysis is over my head; and (3) my DH's hilarious explanation of a Schrodinger's cat, culled from an episode of The Big Bang Theory.

We get it, we must protect ourselves from Disney doing this to anyone again, but let's wait and see if this does happen again before we storm the castle and kill the beast. My guess is that Disney will do it's best to make sure it doesn't.
their past track record on these things and the increasing frequency with which they are happening runs counter to that

their past track record on these things and the increasing frequency with which they are happening runs counter to that
I've been a frequent visitor to Disney for over 30 years and I've never seen anything like the proliferation of high-end, upcharge events that have occurred in the last couple of years. I'm not against these events, and in fact plan to participate in some. And I understand that they may impact the experience of those who don't attend, at least to some extent. It's just my opinion that if Disney confirms a reservation to a difficult-to-obtain event, it should honor the reservation unless there are unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances. I hope that doesn't make me a naysayer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter