WDW cancelled our castle dinner?

I've heard may euphemisms for what was done to these people lol, but "done right by" is a first.

I am not sure that this is a fair response to what I though was a reasonable post.

It is true, we have no idea what the outcome of any other family that had been displaced. WE do know that the one family that chose to discuss the situation with us told the CM that the alternate arrangement was not acceptable and was accommodated in a way that enhanced the trip. I have to assume that Disney also worked with anyone else whose plans were disrupted. I cannot assume all were made whole, but based on the information we have, we know that 100% of all those reporting to us are happier with their arrangement now than they were prior to the displacement.

I will say that my personal experience is crating a bias with me because my personal experience is to have any issues addressed with Disney doing way more than was necessary to make a correction. I know that this is not the same experience that everyone has had, but it is enough to ensure that I do not denigrate others when they give the benefit of a doubt to Disney.

In a perfect World there would never be any event that supersedes the importance of another, but it does happen. It is my opinion that how these unfortunate incidences are handles makes a difference with regards to how I view the company. I do not agree that these occurrences are acceptable but I do realize that these decisions take place on a daily basis no matter my thoughts on that matter.

I am not sure that this is a fair response to what I though was a reasonable post.

It is true, we have no idea what the outcome of any other family that had been displaced. WE do know that the one family that chose to discuss the situation with us told the CM that the alternate arrangement was not acceptable and was accommodated in a way that enhanced the trip. I have to assume that Disney also worked with anyone else whose plans were disrupted. I cannot assume all were made whole, but based on the information we have, we know that 100% of all those reporting to us are happier with their arrangement now than they were prior to the displacement.

I will say that my personal experience is crating a bias with me because my personal experience is to have any issues addressed with Disney doing way more than was necessary to make a correction. I know that this is not the same experience that everyone has had, but it is enough to ensure that I do not denigrate others when they give the benefit of a doubt to Disney.

In a perfect World there would never be any event that supersedes the importance of another, but it does happen. It is my opinion that how these unfortunate incidences are handles makes a difference with regards to how I view the company. I do not agree that these occurrences are acceptable but I do realize that these decisions take place on a daily basis no matter my thoughts on that matter.

It has been my experience as well that Disney goes above and beyond to correct any customer service gaffes. Not that I have had many but the one or two I HAVE had have always left me more than satisfied and even feeling like being put out in the first place was worth it. A lot of assumptions are being made about what type of people were displaced and what Disney would be willing to do to make them whole.

I know we all plan our trips 180 days in advance but MOST people go to disney for more than 1 day... if this was your ONLY day at Disney, options were offered for a meal earlier in the day (and I agree, the breakfast looks kind of poopy to me, but lunch is just an earlier dinner). If it was a situation where the day was overwhelmingly important to you, I would expect Disney to REALLY step up and make some serious magic for you to compensate for requiring you to eat a bit earlier in the day. If you are there more than one day and have tight, perfectly crafted plans (and that is exactly how I plan) I would expect Disney to do everything they had to to make a full swap - ADRs, FP+, adding parkhoppers to my tickets so I could make it all work out... if I was planning on EMHs and that now ruined my plans, a small pile of all day fastpasses would mitigate that in a heartbeat and give me more sleep. Whatever it took. But we really have no reason to believe they are not doing that from the evidence we have. Yes it would be awful if they did not, but I'm not about to get angry about something that hasn't happened yet. If they do leave someone out in the cold I will be right there with everyone saying this is NOT ok.

no one has come here reporting that they were not accommodated. The only person who came here to report about it WAS and it worked out better. So I think if we are going to be making assumptions, we should assume that anyone who was bumped WAS accommodated and not that they were not, based on the available info.

We can play "what if?" all day long about various scenarios, but with the actual available information, Disney has done right by these people.
This just proves how few Disney guests frequent these boards. I am just guessing here that many families displaced took the first option offered which could have been moving to BOG.

I think what surprises me the most is that some feel that guests being upset with Disney for doing this is somehow more unreasonable than Disney doing it in the first place.

The fact that it was better for the op was a happy coincidence - not Disney magic and pixie dust.
"finding" a last minute ADR at CRT is not a happy coincidence. A happy coincidence would have been if something opened up at both CRT and BBB before Disney had a chance to make it happen and the OP booked it himself. Disney made that happened... now granted, it was to fix an issue that they created in the first place and I would not say it went above and beyond, but it WAS what they should have done and it DID make the situation right by the OP.

But you're assuming that Disney couldn't possibly have done right by the OP, otherwise.

This thread has gotten completely ridiculous.

That is an understatement!

Let's just say I hope Disney never decides to "do right by" me.

I am truly sorry to hear this. While I would not wish any changes in your plans, I would hope that if anything occurs on any future trips, you are able to experience how Disney has been known to help make guests whole.

The fact that it was better for the op was a happy coincidence - not Disney magic and pixie dust.

Again, I am not sure it was coincidence, based on my own experiences. I will say the OP does not sound like I do when I discuss issues with Bob's Furniture Store or Delta Airlines.

From another board:

"From what I have heard, Disney assisted guests with other dining reservations and are now paying for those meals as well.

I'm sure the profit from the expensive CRT premium dinner will easily take care of that."

That, at least, is good to see. It's the bare minimum I would expect if Disney booted me in favor of a higher priced upsell event, but at least it's something.

This just proves how few Disney guests frequent these boards.

The majority of people who view these boards are lurkers. Nearly every person I've ever met who knows about the Disboards is not a member. The Dis is a spectator's sport.

I lurked for several years before joining.

"finding" a last minute ADR at CRT is not a happy coincidence. A happy coincidence would have been if something opened up at both CRT and BBB before Disney had a chance to make it happen and the OP booked it himself. Disney made that happened... now granted, it was to fix an issue that they created in the first place and I would not say it went above and beyond, but it WAS what they should have done and it DID make the situation right by the OP.

That is an understatement!
I also believe it was a happy coincidence. After all, the OP may not have been able to do CRT on that day.
This never should have happened in the first place.

MG

The majority of people who view these boards are lurkers. Nearly every person I've ever met who knows about the Disboards is not a member. The Dis is a spectator's sport.

I lurked for several years before joining.

that is the truth. When I was at Boma for breakfast I was chatting with the mom at the next table and she was telling me all about the DIS boards, lol. I told her I knew about it, i'd be writing a dining report. If she sees a report on Boma breakfast in early december from a single mom, that's me! I wonder if she will see it, she was really nice!

I also believe it was a happy coincidence. After all, the OP may not have been able to do CRT on that day.
This never should have happened in the first place.

MG

There's every possibility there were other days during their stay that Disney could have gotten them into both CRT and BBB. OP was offered a day and took it because it worked for him.

I am truly sorry to hear this. While I would not wish any changes in your plans, I would hope that if anything occurs on any future trips, you are able to experience how Disney has been known to help make guests whole.

Again, I am not sure it was coincidence, based on my own experiences. I will say the OP does not sound like I do when I discuss issues with Bob's Furniture Store or Delta Airlines.

No, my point is that since we don't know if Disney had other days available we cannot automatically deem it a happy coincidence.

This entire thread is Schrodinger's cat.
Finding a diner reservation and a BBB appointment to replace what was canceled is not the coincidence. It is what Disney should have done without first trying to offer lunch or a different restaurant. No magic. Just what should be done. It was just a coincidence that it worked out better than the original plans.

Finding a diner reservation and a BBB appointment to replace what was canceled is not the coincidence. It is what Disney should have done without first trying to offer lunch or a different restaurant. No magic. Just what should be done. It was just a coincidence that it worked out better than the original plans.

Then why is the coincidence even being discussed, as it seems to have nothing to do with the situation?

Anyway, generally speaking, we're beating a dead horse. I don't think anyone here thinks what Disney did was right, but I'm at a loss as to why some of you are still calling for blood. What would make you happy? A guillotine in front of Cinderella's Castle? We've got the French Revolution underway all over a dinner, and yes I get it; it's not just any dinner at any old place. It's a special place for me, too. We get it, we must protect ourselves from Disney doing this to anyone again, but let's wait and see if this does happen again before we storm the castle and kill the beast. My guess is that Disney will do it's best to make sure it doesn't.

Am I the only one who thinks that for some participating in this thread, this is a proxy protest of recent American events? Would it have reached 17 pages a year ago?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter