There are more of my kind!

I love the pictures of your boys, they're adorable! Aaron as a bellhop was very cute!

Thanks, it was one of the most magical times of the trip. We did a parent swap, the CM said to Aaron that he could go to where his dad was coming back. When the doors opened at the end of the ride Aaron stood there and said "welcome back!" My DH was really surprised.

Really crawling out of my skin here! 26 days seems so close but still far enough away that I will have to go naked if I pack any clothes:lmao:!
I am REALLY resisting the itch to completely pack and then go wait at the airport for my flight, my family already thinks I am nuts anyways!
Second thought, we had a small explosion at the airport today, maybe I will just stay put, I am five minutes away from the airport and can here the planes.
CAN'T WAIT!!!
I am addicted to a new TV show so that is helping pass the time so far. I have been watching Rescue Me from the beginning. Never thought I would admit I like Denis Leary, esp on a Disney themed sight, so opposite ends of the spectrum! Night Night all!

You're in the twenties and I'm still in the fifties!

Yikes about that explosion! :scared1: What happened??

I have never watched Rescue Me but a lot of people at my job say it's a great show. Maybe since they canceled Heroes and it's not coming back in September ( :sad1: ) I'll Netflix Rescue Me...

Simba22 if you can handle the language and drinking it is an awesome show. Totally addicted! The language doesn't bother me but I watch after kids are in bed!
Airport had a hydrogen tank explode and then the tanker truck that was filling the tank went up as well! Loud, smokey and all the chatter here. 1 person burned and 1 ear drums hurt but thankfully that was it.

Simba22 if you can handle the language and drinking it is an awesome show. Totally addicted! The language doesn't bother me but I watch after kids are in bed!
Airport had a hydrogen tank explode and then the tanker truck that was filling the tank went up as well! Loud, smokey and all the chatter here. 1 person burned and 1 ear drums hurt but thankfully that was it.

Oh yeah, I can handle it! LOL I'm a huge True Blood fan so I'm pretty much down for anything!

That's crazy about that accident at the airport! Thankfully it wasn't too bad!

You only have like 2 more weeks!! :banana::banana: Have you started pre-packing yet? :rotfl2:
Funny thing, my co workers were making fun of me because I said I did a mock pack this weekend. I was troubled with fitting everything in 2 bags so we don't have to pay for 3 bags, or shipping things down. I wanted to ship diapers, swim diapers, wipes....things that will get used up.
I found out my box weighed 8 lbs and it was $9.00 to ship. I can ship up to 15lbs for $9.18, so I am going with shipping! :)
We are getting really pumped, it will go fast, Aaron starts school tomorrow!

I guess I should be glad that my co-workers don't know that I've had a bag on my dresser that I've been putting stuff in for at least a week and I've still got over three weeks to go.

:lmao:

We thought about shipping a bag, but since we are staying at the Beach Club Villas and they charge to recieve a box (because its a convention hotel) from $3 - $10 and we are flying Southwest and they don't charge for bags we've decided to check our luggage and just pack the big bags.

Funny thing, my co workers were making fun of me because I said I did a mock pack this weekend. I was troubled with fitting everything in 2 bags so we don't have to pay for 3 bags, or shipping things down.

One of the many nice things about flying SWA - 3 people = 6 bags = no fees!

I can top you with the bag thing. We got back from our December trip, did our laundry, and threw the clothes (less underwear) back in the suitcases for our April trip. (We weren't going to need shorts and t-shirts in Buffalo between December and April.)

We also just did the same thing...sort of...returned from LV end of August, and left the suitcases out in the spare bedroom to start packing. Yet somehow DW always seems to still be packing at midnight the night before we leave. (Our biggest fights are the nights before vacation, because I KNOW she's going to keep us awake all night with her packing, so I'm already on edge...and she's on edge because she gets so stressed about making sure everythings packed. I always tell her..."Relax, there's only a few things we NEED...anything else we forget we can buy..." but it doesn't help. It's so bad there are times that I don't want to go on vacation with her, I'm so mad.)

Never done a "mock pack" though...so you got us beat there!

I really needed that mock pack! I just shipped a box to Disney just under 15lbs for $9.13, hooray!
I remembered to order a mail stop online for our trip. I hope it stops all mail and not just my name?
Car is having problems again, of course $100 just before our trip:scared1:.

Anyone have opinions about tipping mousekeeping? I have seen both side so for, some say no others yes. :confused3

On the family front, Aaron is back to school so.....I am hoping the annual back to school cold starts prior to the trip!
The baby has a double ear infection, no fun. He has tubes so easy to treat but he has been GRUMPY!
10 days:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I hope the ear infections heal before your trip. A grouchy baby is no fun anytime, but on vacation its the worse.

Regarding Mousekeeping, we are DVC members, but we always leave a tip on our mousekeeping day. They don't always get tips so I think they're much appreciated. When I stay at any hotel, we always leave a couple of dollars under the pillow.

I have a pretty strong opinion pro-tipping...

Yes, according to Disney, housekeepers are a non-tipped position...and therefore the employees make minimum wage. So therefore, they make about $50 a day ($8 an hour) or about $16,000...which is barely enough to live on.

At the same time, these people doing their part to make your vacation special, and especially in a room with children in it...they do a lot of extra stuff, such as towel animals, or things like this....

DSCN3751.jpg

I figure, I am much better off financially than these folks, and if I can afford all this money for a vacation, the least I can do is leave them $2 a day, which only adds another $20 to my trip. If everyone did that, they would make a pretty good wage for themselves, and it would hopefully keep them continuing to do a good job.

So, I always bring a bunch of envelopes, and leave $2 each day for Mousekeeping, and then usually $5 on the last day. Since we are staying DVC this trip, I will probably leave a bit more on the day they come to clean.

Are you still here? Haven't you left yet? :thumbsup2

Just over a week to go...the whole family must be getting revved up...huh?

We don't have Mousekeeping come in to clean every day...maybe every other day. We leave them $2 for each day they clean...at least, when I remember. I forget sometimes! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter