There are more of my kind!

Stealing an idea from skier_Pete, here are the numbers of my trip!

64 days until vacation
45 days of work left
43 days of work for my husband
9 weekends
10 days of vacation
In Orlando September
Average high temperature: 89.7
Average low temperature: 72.4
Average precipitation: 6.01
Average humidity (1pm): 60
Record high (1988): 98
Record low (1981): 57

I went to the Steakhouse in 2005 and we had a great meal. Since it is signature service you should probably prepare to have something for the little one to occupy him while you wait for the food. New toy, book, etc or if the wait gets long, one of you take him for a little walk in between courses. On the dessert front, if your DH doesn't like anything on the menu - screams for a reason to get the special cake. I agree with SkierPete. Celebrate anything. My DS was born on Christmas, we always celebrate it earlier. I mean how often do you have a party on the actual day instead of when it is convenient for the family?

Thanks for the input! I keep saying to my DH, he can order something I like and I can taste them both ha ha! The little guy may be eating a TON of bread to keep him occupied:lmao:, I have toys for the flight so I can bring them.

64 days until vacation

Hey, I steal ideas from you, you steal from me...sounds like an even exchange!

64 days...that's in the "so close but yet so far" category. The good thing about September trips...summer goes by so fast that your trip always gets here before you know it! The bad thing about September trips...that 89.7 number!

Hey, I steal ideas from you, you steal from me...sounds like an even exchange!

64 days...that's in the "so close but yet so far" category. The good thing about September trips...summer goes by so fast that your trip always gets here before you know it! The bad thing about September trips...that 89.7 number!

Yes it is so close yet so far! Seems to have flown by since the magical
180 ADR mark, but yet seems to have been in the 60's forever!
I am hoping the end of September is a little lower than that 89.7!! Fingers crossed no hurricanes!:wizard:

Yes it is so close yet so far! Seems to have flown by since the magical
180 ADR mark, but yet seems to have been in the 60's forever!
I am hoping the end of September is a little lower than that 89.7!! Fingers crossed no hurricanes!:wizard:

Not trying to rain on your parade (literally) but it's all a YNK (you never know) at that time of year. We went the last week of September in 2007, and it rained pretty much every day. Not the "20 minute shower in the PM" rain, but several times a day every day. Then end of August 2008 we had some relatively beautiful days (still ridiculously hot and humid), but we got lucky that trip that we arrived just after one hurricane, and a second one sideswiped FL, but mostly missed - we had one real rainy day from it.

Anyways, I would never discourage anyone from going in September thanks to low crowds and free dining, we will certainly be back there ourselves someday, but I would say keep your weather expectations low.

Not trying to rain on your parade (literally) but it's all a YNK (you never know) at that time of year. We went the last week of September in 2007, and it rained pretty much every day. Not the "20 minute shower in the PM" rain, but several times a day every day. Then end of August 2008 we had some relatively beautiful days (still ridiculously hot and humid), but we got lucky that trip that we arrived just after one hurricane, and a second one sideswiped FL, but mostly missed - we had one real rainy day from it.

Anyways, I would never discourage anyone from going in September thanks to low crowds and free dining, we will certainly be back there ourselves someday, but I would say keep your weather expectations low.
In early October last time we had some rain but it was not too bad. I still will take my September chances versus WNY!:rotfl: You just never know around here.
Fingers crossed no H words! But even that, as long as I can land the correct day and leave the correct day I am good.

I called Airtran and said " I got an email there was a change in my flight, we are on a tight schedule so I do not think this will work. Can I rebook on an earlier flight?" The person on the phone responds "the connection time only changed by one minute."

:lmao::lmao:
That sounds like something that would happen to me! :rotfl2:

Oh and Ally, I am still trying to come up with a reason we need to get a cake and have my DH buy into the idea! I even tried "but my parents are coming and they are celebrating their 42nd anniversary". Granted it is next week not in September. It failed with him and them! They don't want to mention an anniversary that is so far away from their actual date. This would also mean I have to change ADR's but I can still think about it.
I can not get those cakes out of my mind!

I can't stop thinking about them either! I thought I had come up with an idea for our theme, but I think I decided I don't want to go with it. And now that I've rearranged our ADR schedule specifically so we order an Anniversary cake, I'm starting to feel like I don't want to bother! I will figure something out though! Our anniversary is November 2 so we will be celebrating about a week early.

So soon we need to decide which way we are going. Only kink in this plan is the baby, he has a screaming thing going on when he is impatient. What if we go to this nice place and he screams!

Any ideas, people who have tried this ADR? Chime in please.

You could look into the babysitting services at the resorts. I don't know how it all works because we have no kids but it might be worth looking into!

64 days until vacation
45 days of work left
43 days of work for my husband
9 weekends
10 days of vacation
In Orlando September
Average high temperature: 89.7
Average low temperature: 72.4
Average precipitation: 6.01
Average humidity (1pm): 60
Record high (1988): 98
Record low (1981): 57

I'm second-hand stealing this! :rotfl2:

In early October last time we had some rain but it was not too bad. I still will take my September chances versus WNY!:rotfl: You just never know around here.
Fingers crossed no H words! But even that, as long as I can land the correct day and leave the correct day I am good.

Rain in WDW is better than a sunny day at work! :lmao:

Ok I have not had much to offer on my own thread as of late. I subbed many threads while off with foot surgery, returned to work and having trouble keeping up with them let alone my own.
So I drive everyone crazy with count downs and non stop disney talk, yet I FORGOT TO PAY THE FINAL BILL!:eek: I got a "friendly reminder" from disney that is was due. OOPS! SO I paid the whole $66.00 I had left so........I am payed off completely!!!!!!!!
I had to chuckle about the warning that the trip would be canceled if not paid with 30 days left, $2200 trip with $66.00 balance! Probably an automated email but still!
So not much else to add, no changes to ADR's, my family would choke me then go without me!:lmao:

I had to chuckle about the warning that the trip would be canceled if not paid with 30 days left, $2200 trip with $66.00 balance! Probably an automated email but still!

So not much else to add, no changes to ADR's, my family would choke me then go without me!:lmao:

:rotfl2: I can't imagine my reaction if I got a letter saying they were canceling my trip for $66!

I feel the same way! We just have our costumes to get and other than that, we're just waiting for our DME packet!

Boy that would have been a tough night! ..."I am sorry I messed up and we lost our vacation, and it is all booked up, can I get my mom of the year award now!" :lmao:
We hit 37 days today, it has come quickly yet seems so far away....It is another Disney optical illusion!

Boy that would have been a tough night! ..."I am sorry I messed up and we lost our vacation, and it is all booked up, can I get my mom of the year award now!" :lmao:
We hit 37 days today, it has come quickly yet seems so far away....It is another Disney optical illusion!

Thirty-six now! Have you set up a countdown calander? We did one last year that was 100 days...tooo long. WE are at 60 days and counting, but decided I would only do a 30 day countdown calendar.

We are going to do a paper chain at 30 days! I tried one at 100 a few years back...took up the whole living room!:rotfl:
Good News we got our ME packet in the mail today:banana::banana:.

We are going to do a paper chain at 30 days! I tried one at 100 a few years back...took up the whole living room!:rotfl:
Good News we got our ME packet in the mail today:banana::banana:.

We are at 37 days today and we got out ME mail today too!!! :woohoo: I wasn't expecting it for a few more days, so it made my day. :goodvibes

We are at 37 days today and we got out ME mail today too!!! :woohoo: I wasn't expecting it for a few more days, so it made my day. :goodvibes
Can't wait! I am even excited to make my paper chain! I have to say I am mildly disappointed to get the ME early.....it threw of my expectations...Now what....Oh no! No more Disney mail what will I do!:lmao:
So to fill my time I think about costs of the trip. I thought maybe not a great idea to go to Yachtsman after all since it is a 2 meal. I mention this to my DH. He agrees, more like grunts good point. I cancel it and run into the problem that the other ADR I had canceled to book this is now not available.
I have been stalking the online ADR's and managed to catch a cancel for Teppan Edo for the original day but at 3pm. I will keep stalking.
I really need to stop with the changes! BTW (simba22) I thought of you the whole time I was trying to rearrange!

Can't wait! I am even excited to make my paper chain! I have to say I am mildly disappointed to get the ME early.....it threw of my expectations...Now what....Oh no! No more Disney mail what will I do!:lmao:
So to fill my time I think about costs of the trip. I thought maybe not a great idea to go to Yachtsman after all since it is a 2 meal. I mention this to my DH. He agrees, more like grunts good point. I cancel it and run into the problem that the other ADR I had canceled to book this is now not available.
I have been stalking the online ADR's and managed to catch a cancel for Teppan Edo for the original day but at 3pm. I will keep stalking.
I really need to stop with the changes! BTW (simba22) I thought of you the whole time I was trying to rearrange!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Hopefully you weren't cursing me under your breath! Scheduling is so addicting....even now I am still thinking about changing things. We just decided to add in Cirque du Soleil to one of our evenings, and I've already changed the time for our T-Rex dinner on 10/26! (for the 2nd time!) We were originally scheduled for dinner at T-Rex at 3:30....then I wanted to add in lunch at Kona so I went crazy changing T-Rex to 5pm....then I canceled Kona anyway. Thankfully, I was able to rebook 3:30 at T-Rex because we've got MNSSHP that night and 5pm was cutting it close. And even now, I'm still always thinking about how things can be made better.... :scratchin

Oh, your kids are ADORABLE!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter