• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

There are more of my kind!

Oh yea he has seen all the pixar movies and loves them. These are the "older" movies I have from my collection ;). Nemo was just a break in the middle hoping the baby would sit for 20secs and watch....no luck:rotfl:

Hoop De Doo is one of those that gets trashed, they tell you chicken and ribs so I don't know why people are so disappointed that it is chicken and Ribs!!
Ok enough ranting. lol

Yeah, my expectations of the food here are on-par with Medival Times / Dixie Stampede - cheap and greasy.

Hey Jane! Kungaloosh! A fellow Adventurer here - we couldn't make it down for Congaloosh - but hope to someday if they keep doing it. DW and I loved AC, and every once in a while I get very maudlin over it being gone, even though it was 1500 miles away...

Another example: We love the Sci-Fi...eaten there 3 times and no-ones ever had a bad meal, in fact in general think the food is great...and it CONSTANTLY gets trashed on the boards for food quality.

My feeling on the restaurants: if a restaurant sounds like it would appeal to you (whether via food or themeing) try it!

Kungaloosh to you as well!! We get all misty when we think about all the fun that we used to have at the club. I wish they would bring it back or do something on the same vein. Hopefully ConGaloosh will be a great success and we can make it an annual event so you might be able to make it down next time.

If I had to pick a favorite restaurant (or at least one that we visit each trip) it would be the Biegarten. We like the atmophere, food, polka band, everthing. Is it the best food we've ever eaten? No, but you add in all those factors and we have to go each and every time. Same with Sci Fi it is so hokey. I mean its burgers and fries, better burgers than some places I've been but we go for the experience as much as for the food. I've yet to make it to dessert but someday we're going to go and just eat dessert.

Last May we went to Narcoosees for our anniversary, and it was good, but I didn't see how some people rave about it as the one of the best. Actually thinking about it now, maybe I'm a restaurant snob in a different direction. I'd much rather eat at an Applebees or mid-level restaurant than a Victoria and Alberts. I've been to both and having to dress up for dinner and then be worried that I'm using the wrong fork or something just isn't my style.

I agree with SkierPete - if you like the description of the restaurant, can find things on the menu that look appealing then go and form your own opinion. I have the same philosophy about movies. I need to know that we like the same types of movies before I'll take a recommendation.

Our favorite sit down restaurants:
Biergarten
Rose & Crown - we like the counter service fish & chips as well
Raglan Road (mmm, shepards pie)
Tappan Edo
Sci - Fi

We're going to go to HDD this time as well. I like the meal, but the best part is the strawberry shortcake.

Kungaloosh to you as well!! We get all misty when we think about all the fun that we used to have at the club. I wish they would bring it back or do something on the same vein. Hopefully ConGaloosh will be a great success and we can make it an annual event so you might be able to make it down next time.

If I had to pick a favorite restaurant (or at least one that we visit each trip) it would be the Biegarten. We like the atmophere, food, polka band, everthing. Is it the best food we've ever eaten? No, but you add in all those factors and we have to go each and every time. Same with Sci Fi it is so hokey. I mean its burgers and fries, better burgers than some places I've been but we go for the experience as much as for the food. I've yet to make it to dessert but someday we're going to go and just eat dessert.

Last May we went to Narcoosees for our anniversary, and it was good, but I didn't see how some people rave about it as the one of the best. Actually thinking about it now, maybe I'm a restaurant snob in a different direction. I'd much rather eat at an Applebees or mid-level restaurant than a Victoria and Alberts. I've been to both and having to dress up for dinner and then be worried that I'm using the wrong fork or something just isn't my style.

I agree with SkierPete - if you like the description of the restaurant, can find things on the menu that look appealing then go and form your own opinion. I have the same philosophy about movies. I need to know that we like the same types of movies before I'll take a recommendation.

Our favorite sit down restaurants:
Biergarten
Rose & Crown - we like the counter service fish & chips as well
Raglan Road (mmm, shepards pie)
Tappan Edo
Sci - Fi

We're going to go to HDD this time as well. I like the meal, but the best part is the strawberry shortcake.

I agree!!! I would rather eat at Friendly's than get dressed up anytime!

Actually thinking about it now, maybe I'm a restaurant snob in a different direction. I'd much rather eat at an Applebees or mid-level restaurant than a Victoria and Alberts. I've been to both and having to dress up for dinner and then be worried that I'm using the wrong fork or something just isn't my style.

I agree!!! I would rather eat at Friendly's than get dressed up anytime!

I'm with you ladies - mostly. While I really enjoy getting dressed up for a meal on occasion, to me the food at that level needs to be spectacular to be worth all that extra money. We truly loved our meal at California Grill last year, even though it cost $125 for dinner, but meal was superb from salad to dessert.

I also enjoy a good burger immensely too, and am much easier to please when I go to Friendly's or Applebee's as you mention...but the food still needs to be good...I am not a huge fan of bulk food (think Ponderosa / Old Country Buffet) or fast food (McDonald's spring to mind as I really hate their french fries - though their new Angus burgers are pretty tasty), but I love a good diner meal. And big thumbs-up on the Sci-Fi. The Onion Rings are great, as is the Reuben (my favorite non-hamburger sandwhich) and the Oreo Cookie Shakes....ummmm....Not gourmet, but what's not to love!

Ok, I have to ask, what do you use the disney silly bands for? I've seen them and they are cute, but I just don't know that I'd use them for just anything. I'd save them for something "special" and then never end up using them for anything.

Ok, I have to ask, what do you use the disney silly bands for? I've seen them and they are cute, but I just don't know that I'd use them for just anything. I'd save them for something "special" and then never end up using them for anything.
They are all the rave at my DS school. They wear them around their wrist and trade them. I just look at them and wonder how something so simple is such a huge hit and why it was not me who thought of them.:lmao:

They are all the rave at my DS school. They wear them around their wrist and trade them. I just look at them and wonder how something so simple is such a huge hit and why it was not me who thought of them.:lmao:

Kids are going so gaga for these things in our schools they've actually been banned from school. Stupid rubber bands, but the original manufacture (Silly Bandz) estimates it will make $10 million this year on them (and their are numerous copy-cats too), whereas they made just $10,000 on the same product 2 years ago.

My daughter has about 100 silly bands. It was a silly waste of money. :sad2: They were banned at school & now she could care less about wearing them! I'm still going to get the Disney ones for our trip, maybe she'll wear them while we're there.:upsidedow

So I got an email informing me there has been some changes to my Airtran flight. I also get a call from a friend telling me their Airtran flight (the day before) had been canceled and they got a full refund and rebooked on jetblue, cheaper and not paying for luggage!
Ok I look at the change but could not really understand the change. I had wanted to change to earlier flight but they charge $75 pp to do so.
I called Airtran and said " I got an email there was a change in my flight, we are on a tight schedule so I do not think this will work. Can I rebook on an earlier flight?" The person on the phone responds "the connection time only changed by one minute."
Darn that did not work!:lmao: I am hoping to still get this flight on standby, she told me if I call 24 hrs ahead of time they will put us on the flight if it is available. This resolves the uncertainty of the flight. If we know the day before that is helpful! Now fingers crossed they have 3 seats in 65 days.:surfweb: I watch their website often to see if they still have open seats. I really need a hobby, this is starting to creep into my dreams.:lmao:

Oh and Ally, I am still trying to come up with a reason we need to get a cake and have my DH buy into the idea! I even tried "but my parents are coming and they are celebrating their 42nd anniversary". Granted it is next week not in September. It failed with him and them! They don't want to mention an anniversary that is so far away from their actual date. This would also mean I have to change ADR's but I can still think about it.
I can not get those cakes out of my mind!

Disney doesn't care when or what you celebrate! We celebrated MY birthday in December the whole week, not just the day of the brithday. But in April, we celebrated DD birthday, and it was almost a month away. The pin they give you doesn't say "It's my birthday" it says "Celebrating ____'s Brithday" same thing anniversary. You and DH want to go out to dinner the two of you, tell them your celebrating your anniversary. If it's not, so what, celebrate it anyways.

So, you want a cake, get a cake. Say your celebrating your birthday, your sons birthday, you parents anniversary...whatever you want. Disney doesn't care, they just want to money for the cake!

Link to my birthday cake

Disney doesn't care when or what you celebrate! We celebrated MY birthday in December the whole week, not just the day of the brithday. But in April, we celebrated DD birthday, and it was almost a month away. The pin they give you doesn't say "It's my birthday" it says "Celebrating ____'s Brithday" same thing anniversary. You and DH want to go out to dinner the two of you, tell them your celebrating your anniversary. If it's not, so what, celebrate it anyways.

So, you want a cake, get a cake. Say your celebrating your birthday, your sons birthday, you parents anniversary...whatever you want. Disney doesn't care, they just want to money for the cake!

Link to my birthday cake
Nice cake!! I keep telling them they can celebrate anytime but they refuse.
I do want a cake:yay:, I need to keep working on DH.

So we are all hanging out this morning and I say to my DH, some time when we go in the future I want to try the deluxe plan. He says I do not want to run constantly to reservations. So I explain that we can go to signature ADR'S so it uses up the credits. I point to Yachtsmen Steakhouse as an example of a sig dining. He then says why don't we cancel a reservation on this trip and eat there!

OK so I make and ADR for the last night, we would have eaten at Teppon Edo in Japan. We can pay out of pocket for crystal palace. We looked over the menus and he is a bit picky, I am not sure what we will end up doing. He looked at the desserts at Yachtsmen and said none looked good, WHAT!

So soon we need to decide which way we are going. Only kink in this plan is the baby, he has a screaming thing going on when he is impatient. What if we go to this nice place and he screams!

Any ideas, people who have tried this ADR? Chime in please.

Haven't been to Yachtsmen myself, so can't give you feedback there...but I would say this...while I would say there is no problem bringing a baby to a SIgnature dining place, I would suggest should he start screaming you take him out of the restaurant until he calms down. Speaking for ourselves, we have only done the rare signature restaurant when it could be just the two of us, and I would be a little irritate to be spending all that money with someone else's child screaming in my ear.

Since your parents will be there also, any chance you can ditch the kids for a special dinner out?

Haven't been to Yachtsmen myself, so can't give you feedback there...but I would say this...while I would say there is no problem bringing a baby to a SIgnature dining place, I would suggest should he start screaming you take him out of the restaurant until he calms down. Speaking for ourselves, we have only done the rare signature restaurant when it could be just the two of us, and I would be a little irritate to be spending all that money with someone else's child screaming in my ear.

Since your parents will be there also, any chance you can ditch the kids for a special dinner out?

The ADR is after they leave to go home. We get up when the baby screams anyways, my husband gets embarrassed to have anyone annoyed by the kids. We would leave for sure. He does well in restaurants as long as he is occupied. If the kitchen is particularly slow that night, then we could have a problem. I called WDW today and asked if the steakhouse would be appropriate for little ones, they said yes.

I am also considering doing the wishes dessert party.....Any ideas, thoughts, feedback? Not sure which night, probably not the same night as Yachtsman, may be too many rich foods for one day!

The ADR is after they leave to go home. We get up when the baby screams anyways, my husband gets embarrassed to have anyone annoyed by the kids. We would leave for sure. He does well in restaurants as long as he is occupied. If the kitchen is particularly slow that night, then we could have a problem. I called WDW today and asked if the steakhouse would be appropriate for little ones, they said yes.

I am also considering doing the wishes dessert party.....Any ideas, thoughts, feedback? Not sure which night, probably not the same night as Yachtsman, may be too many rich foods for one day!

oh, bummer. Well, hopefully the baby won't give you any problems and you can enjoy your meal!

No comments on Wishes Dessert party - never been interested in it myself, the reviews I've seen for the actual Desserts haven't been very good. We also get dessert oversaturation on the DDP, so don't desire MORE desesrts. So, without wanting the desserts, I can't see paying all that money for something that's free anyways (Wishes). Plus, I love watching the fireworks from directly in front of the castle, as I find anything to either side not as good. So, all those combine to make the Dessert party a "no interest" for me. Many like it, though, so if you want to do it, go for it! I would try and do it on a day that I wasn't eating a TS dinner that day.

So I called for wishes dessert party today. They wanted 27.99 pp, so we opted not to do it. We will just get a dessert on main street and watch it from there!
Why did it goup for September? It is still value season! Oh well, can't do everything:)

OK so I make and ADR for the last night, we would have eaten at Teppon Edo in Japan. We can pay out of pocket for crystal palace. We looked over the menus and he is a bit picky, I am not sure what we will end up doing. He looked at the desserts at Yachtsmen and said none looked good, WHAT!

So soon we need to decide which way we are going. Only kink in this plan is the baby, he has a screaming thing going on when he is impatient. What if we go to this nice place and he screams!

Any ideas, people who have tried this ADR? Chime in please.

I went to the Steakhouse in 2005 and we had a great meal. Since it is signature service you should probably prepare to have something for the little one to occupy him while you wait for the food. New toy, book, etc or if the wait gets long, one of you take him for a little walk in between courses. On the dessert front, if your DH doesn't like anything on the menu - screams for a reason to get the special cake. I agree with SkierPete. Celebrate anything. My DS was born on Christmas, we always celebrate it earlier. I mean how often do you have a party on the actual day instead of when it is convenient for the family?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter