There are more of my kind!

Overexcited

DIS Veteran
I am so excited to be on this site! I love Disney and planning a vacation:cool1:. I think most of my friends, family and coworkers think I am crazy. They do not understand that this is my hobby and I enjoy it. I even enjoy helping others plan their trips!
This site seems to be full of people like me:goodvibes.
Our next trip is in September it will be my 8th trip but second with my 7 (will be almost 8) and first with my 1 year old. Now that we are getting close it is all I think about. My parents are going with us and I am REALLY excited about that:yay:
I think about our dinner reservations and how the baby will do on this trip. You guys may help get through the next 94 LONG days>

OK here is our dinner schedule, please let me know any thoughts or ideas on any of our choices. We had a few favs that were a must and then we each picked one to eat at (I made the babies choice but I am sure he wanted to see Pooh)
day 1 Hoop de doo (arrival day no parks)
day 2 Liberty Tree (family fav)
day 3 Ohana (my pic)
day 4 Coral Reef (family fav)
day 5 Momma Melrose (fantasmic package)
day 6 Trex in Downtown Disney (surprise for the kids)
day 7 Crystal Palace (baby pic)
day 8 Donald's breakfastarus (7 yo pic)
day 9 Teppan Edo Epcot Japanese (my hubby's pic)

My parents have never done dining at Disney, in fact they have no idea how much the park has changed since we were kids. The whole staying at the resort is a new things for them. These are their pics

day 1 Hoop de doo with us:cool1:
day 2 Le Celliar
day 3 Ohana with us:cool1:
day 4 Rose and Crown
day 5 Momma's with us:cool1:
day 6 Raglan Road

I would love feed back :goodvibes please share good or bad reviews

Hi! Fun ticker!

Your ADRs look great. Just a warning on T-Rex. It's freezing in there!! And very very loud.

Can't wait to find out where you're staying!

Hi! Fun ticker!

Your ADRs look great. Just a warning on T-Rex. It's freezing in there!! And very very loud.

Can't wait to find out where you're staying!

Thanks for the tip! We are staying at POP, we stayed there last time and loved it. We talked about a moderate but for the length of time we spend at the hotel it just did not make sense. Maybe next time I am thinking Caribbean Beach.

Last trip my son was 4 (one month short of 5). I thought this was a perfect time for a first trip. There was so much to do that 5 days in the park was not enough.
This trip we have add more days, and an infant to the mix. We like to go during the Halloween time so needed to considered that timing. Last time I was a nut with planning but I did not know about free dining promo.....it ended the day before we arrived....thanks travel agent who never told us!!!
So this trip I am booking and doing myself. I figured they would offer it again so we booked at the end of September to catch free dining and the Halloween party. I sweated a little waiting for the announcement:banana: but it came.

We upgraded from the value dining but still cheap!

Here are the first couple of days planned: (I have to stay loose or hubby grumbles about schedules)
Day 1 airport 5 am flight leaves at 6:50 am but my parents fly on a diff flight and they leave at 6:05am.
Get to Disney at 12:09 and go right to POP. Hopefully baby can nap, we swim and then off to Hoop de doo!
Day 2 MK:cool1:
They have EMH in AM and Halloween party in PM! (we will have to take a break mid day for baby nap!). Dinner in Liberty Tree:goodvibes:goodvibes

Here is my flight dilemma!:confused3
We booked airtran for the flight down and back, really cheap tickets.
When we booked they offered a 6:50 arriving 12:09 with a lay over in Baltimore, or a 1 something direct flight arriving at 3:30.

My mother suggested the earlier flight thinking we could use the lay over the feed Craig and let him run around a bit. I agreed and booked this flight, plus extra hotel time is a bonus! (side note last trip we arrived in MCO 1ish, by the time we got to the hotel, checked in, and explored it time to travel to Hoop De Doo. We booked a later HDD to have more time, so earlier arrival works even better)

Ok so because I am a neurotic nut that checks everything over and over I saw on AirTran's website they added a 5:50 flight with lay over in Atlanta that arrives at 10:30 in MCO! We will be at the airport early anyways with my parents. I called airtran, they want over $300 to change flights:headache:

They do offer standby that day of the flight for no charge.

Do I attempt standby and if does not work just go with the original plan, or leave well enough alone and go with our booked flight?
I called Disney, it won't mess up Magical Express....

I may be writing pretty much to myself but I am going to keep posting.

I tried calling AirTran today, they pretty much cared less. I remember changing a jet blue flight and they were more than accommodating! I guess you get what you pay for, at least we have a flight.
Still wondering if I should try for the stand bye or if it would be stressful and just be happy with what I have.
My parent who are on a different flight get in at 11:15ish and they prefer not to wait around an airport for us, I kind of what to get there earlier.....Am I obsessing about it?
:confused:

Welcome to the world of the Disney obsessed. :goodvibes

You are brave to take such a little one to Disney. I think I like your parent's ADR choices best - we love Raglan Road and LeCellier.

Wish I could advise you on flight - we always drive or take the train. :confused3 Hope whatever you decide, it works out for you.

It's great not being the only obsessed one isn't it?!
We're staying at Pop too. I would have loved to go moderate or (wishful thinking) deluxe but there was just no way but we'll hardly be in our rooms anyway and I've read good things about it.:goodvibes

Welcome to the world of the Disney obsessed. :goodvibes

You are brave to take such a little one to Disney. I think I like your parent's ADR choices best - we love Raglan Road and LeCellier.

Wish I could advise you on flight - we always drive or take the train. :confused3 Hope whatever you decide, it works out for you.
Thanks for reading! I was nervous about taking him, that is why I am happy my parents are going as well. My DH will be happy when they leave and we have time to our selves! We chose a longer trip to have flexibility in case of cranky baby.
We laughed yesterday that maybe we would send the baby home on the plane with Grandma and Grandpa!

I know this sounds crazy but we ate ate LeCelliar last trip and we did not like it, I think they had an off day, and we had lunch. The night before we ate at Coral and I had the best steak. I was disappointed because I had read so much about it. Maybe we will try again, we will have to see what the parents say.

Hi! Sorry for the late chime-in, but I just found you!
I too prefer your parents' choices for dining. (looks just like mine :rolleyes1) As for the flight... yikes. The standby thing with your DH and kids too makes me really nervous, I couldn't do it. I think I'd just stick with your original plan (which sounds wonderful by the way! :thumbsup2)

ALSO-- if you think YOU'RE obsessed, go take a peek at my PTR (the link is in my signature).

So glad to be on board with you on your pre-trip report! -Stace:yay:

It's great not being the only obsessed one isn't it?!
We're staying at Pop too. I would have loved to go moderate or (wishful thinking) deluxe but there was just no way but we'll hardly be in our rooms anyway and I've read good things about it.:goodvibes

Yeah most of my family just smiles and nods when I get talking disney. I think about it like most of the people here do! Last trip my DH said to me he was glad I researched like I did, it payed off! He has told many people to contact me about planning their trips:cool1:

My boss is going the week before me, his wife and I talked a few times to help them plan, I LOVE IT!:love::love:

We really enjoyed POP. The theme of the mods are appealing but we did not spend much time there. For now we are satisfied with POP!

Hi! Sorry for the late chime-in, but I just found you!
I too prefer your parents' choices for dining. (looks just like mine :rolleyes1) As for the flight... yikes. The standby thing with your DH and kids too makes me really nervous, I couldn't do it. I think I'd just stick with your original plan (which sounds wonderful by the way! :thumbsup2)

ALSO-- if you think YOU'RE obsessed, go take a peek at my PTR (the link is in my signature).

So glad to be on board with you on your pre-trip report! -Stace:yay:
On my way to read yours now! Thanks:goodvibes
The standby would still have the back up of the original flight, but I worry about luggage gone wrong. I need those baby diapers!! Can't lose them:goodvibes

OK last night I talked with DS 7 yo about the Pirate League at MK. He usually refuses to let anyone paint his face but he wants to try the whole thing. I showed him pics and he said he could try the ones without the whole face painted. Have anyone does this? Is it worth it?

Ahh that should be easier to read.....Anyways so I am going to book that for him. He wants his baby brother to go as well, I don't think so!:lmao:

Day 3:
Slow morning from MNSHHP the night before. I am thinking of maybe HS this morning and then break. We have dinner at Ohana then maybe over to Epcot to finish the day.

Side note: When I made my ADR's I was really annoyed they did not announce the MNSSHHP dates yet. If we are able to book dinner we need to know what events are happening!
I stalked Disney's site and analyzed the park hours:surfweb:. It seemed they had early closing this night at 7pm, which would be party night! So I booked the Ohana thinking it would be just outside the gate.
Well the announce the dates and switched it to the night before, and changed the hours no normal park hours:headache:
Oh well, at least we got the ADR's I wanted.
I had even found a website predicting the same dates as I thought but well, they often change things so roll with it.:rolleyes1

Maybe you could try the face painting at Animal Kingdom before you did Pirate's League. It's cheaper and doesn't require a reservation. That way, if he balks at the face painting, you're not out so much money. My kids looked really cute when they had their faces done there.

Maybe you could try the face painting at Animal Kingdom before you did Pirate's League. It's cheaper and doesn't require a reservation. That way, if he balks at the face painting, you're not out so much money. My kids looked really cute when they had their faces done there.
Thanks for the suggestion, we will talk it over! I think we go to AK a few days before his reservation so we can cancel in time without a charge if this is his preferred way!! Great idea, last time we went there he got a tattoo in AK!
Of course it was of snow white, he is so embarrassed about that now:rotfl:
He had a major crush on her!

I must mention that I have had foot surgery and out of work 6 weeks, this gives much more disney obsessing time:goodvibes:goodvibes
I even planned surgery with ample recovery time for Disney walking, made the MD promise:lmao:
I had so much foot pain prior I did not think I could manage in Disney:scared1:

I must mention that I have had foot surgery and out of work 6 weeks, this gives much more disney obsessing time:goodvibes:goodvibes
I even planned surgery with ample recovery time for Disney walking, made the MD promise:lmao:
I had so much foot pain prior I did not think I could manage in Disney:scared1:

Man are we birds of a feather! I'm a teacher and have the whole summer off (which I should be having a growth removed from just above my left eye!) but I won't see the dermatologist because I'm afraid he'll tell me to stay out of the sun. With our first WDW trip in early August, well.... yeah! That just ain't happenin'! :lmao:

I'm here and looking forward to following along with your plans!

Did you decide what to do about the earlier flight? I would say go for it, but I'm not used to traveling with children and I can see how that might make things more complicated (you have a point about needed those diapers!)

Glad to hear you're getting your foot surgery done well ahead of the trip! I have a bone spur that really can't be corrected and I know all too well how much a foot problem can make walking around Disney no fun at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter