~*~*~The Oct 2014 waiting patiently (or not so) for a discount thread ~*~*~

can someone please explain the room only aspect? I booked with park tickets, called and they said i am not eligible because of that. I have 10 days at Riverside booked with 8 day park hopper tickets. I would have had to book only a room and thus been able to get a discount, and then add the tickets after the discount applies? Can I have this changed? I had made a large portion (about 50% of the previous balance) already and would like to save any amount of money I can. Any Disney Expert advise would be greatly appreciated

I can't answer all your questions because I always book room only and purchase my tickets separately. But room only is just that -a reservation for a resort room and nothing else. If you add tickets, a dining plan or anything else to that reservation and it becomes a package.

There are very different policies between room only and package reservations. I believe packages have to be paid in full 45 days before arrival. Room only you pay a deposit for the first night only when you reserve, and pay the balance at check in. Also, as long as you cancel a room only reservation more than five days prior to check in you receive a full refund. Not so with a package. So I prefer room only.

You may be able to make a room only reservation, then cancel your existing reservation - I would try to do it in this order if you're allowed so you know you can get the room you want with the discount. Then you can purchase your tickets through an authorized reseller at a slight discount. They'll mail the tickets to your home. You can then add them to your MDE account.

I will point out that in the past, discounts were typically available for both room only and package reservations. Another oddity for this promotion.

I just now found out that the fall room only discounts were released this morning. Already 90% of the resorts and room are booked for my dates. I find that unbelieveable!!!! They must have not released very many rooms. Seems unfair some what. It really is getting old having to be only the computer night and day to catch the discounts. be ready to be on the phone the very second it turns 7:00am Florida time, or be on the computer at midnight to secure a FP+. This is not a vacation and becomes very stressful!!!

I called at 10 am (from work... On hold for 45 mins) and all the rooms for port Orleans were taken. We wound up upgrading to akl (my favorite) for $230 more. I got a discounted rate and would not have been able to afford a deluxe hotel otherwise. I'm still a little dad because we were excited to have a royal room but everything happens for a reason. It helps that my whole family is animal lovers also!!!

I just now found out that the fall room only discounts were released this morning. Already 90% of the resorts and room are booked for my dates. I find that unbelieveable!!!! They must have not released very many rooms. Seems unfair some what. It really is getting old having to be only the computer night and day to catch the discounts. be ready to be on the phone the very second it turns 7:00am Florida time, or be on the computer at midnight to secure a FP+. This is not a vacation and becomes very stressful!!!

I agree. Why doesn't Disney think of those who work a 9-5 or those who aren't glued to their site 24/7? And those who were lucky to book earlier only knew because of other Disney sites like this one, which you also have to stalk. They should give people more time to book. With dining reservations, discounts and FP+ people need a vacation just from running around with their heads cut off, dealing with Disney. I know someone will say you have to plan for all vacations, but not like this. This is insane. :scared:

Does any one know if the Mermaid rooms at AOA were part of the discount?

They're not and some people are having difficulty booking Finding Nemo suites as well.

I agree. Why doesn't Disney think of those who work a 9-5 or those who aren't glued to their site 24/7? And those who were lucky to book earlier only knew because of other Disney sites like this one, which you also have to stalk. They should give people more time to book. With dining reservations, discounts and FP+ people need a vacation just from running around with their heads cut off, dealing with Disney. I know someone will say you have to plan for all vacations, but not like this. This is insane. :scared:

They're not and some people are having difficulty booking Finding Nemo suites as well.

All they care about is filling rooms, if they do that they win. You want a billion dollar company to make you happy? Their goal is to pocket cash, I tend to think they are doing a good job.

I was able to call back and got a real rep who saved me $350 on my honeymoon. Next stop Victoria and Alberts

All they care about is filling rooms, if they do that they win. You want a billion dollar company to make you happy? Their goal is to pocket cash, I tend to think they are doing a good job.

I was able to call back and got a real rep who saved me $350 on my honeymoon. Next stop Victoria and Alberts

Hi. Good for you. Don't quote me anymore.

I so agree with you! I just now told my husband I am too old for this insane amount of planning and stress. I have lost track of how many reservations I have had for my upcoming trip as we try to figure it all out. We fly from Denver and airfare is very high. I always have to book my airfare months in advance and then play the waiting game of what resort we'll get based on their discounts if in fact any come out.

Planning a Disney vacation used to be half the fun for my family. Not so much anymore and I feel so sorry for people who didn't get a discount because when you read about how everyone else does, it just sucks plain and simple.

can someone please explain the room only aspect? I booked with park tickets, called and they said i am not eligible because of that. I have 10 days at Riverside booked with 8 day park hopper tickets. I would have had to book only a room and thus been able to get a discount, and then add the tickets after the discount applies? Can I have this changed? I had made a large portion (about 50% of the previous balance) already and would like to save any amount of money I can. Any Disney Expert advise would be greatly appreciated

I booked back in January for October. (room, tickets and meal plan) When I called yesterday with the new special they adjusted my room rate only. Since my package was paid off they are sending me a credit of the discount I received.

For those of you that tried to get a discount yesterday with no luck try again!

Yesterday there was nothing available at GF for our dates. Well, this morning I checked online and LV rooms were available. I called to make the upgrade from GV to LV with the discount and saved over $600. :)

And for the previous poster that asked about the discounted room aspect - I had a package with room + tickets. When I called the CM applied the room discount to our reservation. The package was already paid off so Disney is going to issue a credit to the credit card we used to make the payment(s).

We had bought a package (room + park tickets). We got in touch with our TA yesterday as soon as I heard about the discount. She had to change our room to a different suite, but could still apply the 15% off to the room portion. Only saved us $200, but hey...that will pay for our OOP TS meals.

Call back, you clearly got a CM that does not know what they are talking about. Room discounts can be applied to packages, which is what you have since you have room and tickets. Sorry no one answered your question earlier:(

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Call back, you clearly got a CM that does not know what they are talking about. Room discounts can be applied to packages, which is what you have since you have room and tickets. Sorry no one answered your question earlier:(

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Exactly mpb82 ^^^^^ call back!!!!

WOW do I hear you!

Well at least I did not miss out on half my trip. I could only book the mermaid room for two of my days since the rest of the days were already booked and that was at rack rates. But even so just does not seem right.

Called this morning and was able to apply the discount to my package for a Cars suite. Saved about $200.

I called again this morning too but they still said no. I cancelled my reservation and booked through Orbitz instead. With the promo code review15 I saved 15% plus used up our Orbucks and saved even more. :)

I too was able to get the GF in LV for my dates this morning, saving over $700 for our 4 night trip. Strangely, it was $100 less expensive to book 2 nights/2 nights vs. all 4 nights together. I also used Orbitz' review15 discount code to save extra over the fall offer code pricing (basically pays the taxes plus a little more). I learned a lesson: you really have to play around with the rooms, trying different date combos even within your specific dates. When I couldn't get exactly what I needed with the offer yesterday, I booked Contemporary (BLV), Poly (TPV) and mishmash of GF room types that covered my dates as an "insurance plan". Seems so nuts to have spent all that time playing, anguishing over the limited availability, just to wake up today and find what I had hoped for yesterday. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter