~*~*~The Oct 2014 waiting patiently (or not so) for a discount thread ~*~*~

Why doesn't Disney like me??? I was a season pass holder at Disneyland for 4 years and have been to WDW every year for the past 5!! Twice this year!! I WANT A PIN FOR MY TRIP!!! I have NEVER gotten a pin :( feeling totally unloved by Disney. :sad1::sad1:

We can't use it though. There's no rooms available for the week we want to go! Why would they release the PIN numbers this late if there's hardly any rooms left? Disney Company could write a book: How to Make Vacation Planning as Complicated as Possible. Lol. I'm laughing...sort of. ;-)

Yikes! I'm dying - I feel like I check DISboards and the Disney discounts page every 5 minutes, but somehow I managed to go 2 days without seeing the RO discounts come out!!

Luckily today, I was able to get the discount on our family's 3 POP Century rooms - not a huge total, but every little but helps!

Unfortunately, I'm trying to help out my dad with his Grand Floridian reservation for 10/12-10/19 and no rooms of any type available for discount (some villas). No Contemporary either, but Polynesian has rooms. As I'm staying at Pop, I didn't research the deluxes much, but I know Poly has a ton of construction going on. Anyone have an opinion to share or can steer me to on-the-ground info about the current status so I can help him decide if the $600-$1500 savings, depending on room type, is worth it compared to the construction inconveniences?

Biting fingernails too on this. Poly being on the monorail is HUGE for us- but is it worth it to UPGRADE (in our instance) to it without having a pool and have it all construction sited up? Hmmmm..:confused3:surfweb:

Just an FYI - I spoke with my TA last night and she told me that the POLY is a mess with construction. She highly recommends another resort during the rehab. She said people think its no big deal until they get there. She has had nothing but disappointed feedback from her clients that did choose to stay. I just thought it was worth mentioning. The Poly was my first choice for our upcoming trip too, but sadly switched our ressie due to the construction.

Why doesn't Disney like me??? I was a season pass holder at Disneyland for 4 years and have been to WDW every year for the past 5!! Twice this year!! I WANT A PIN FOR MY TRIP!!! I have NEVER gotten a pin :(

feeling totally unloved by Disney. :sad1::sad1:

I feel your pain and neglect! :sad: With all things Disney that I belong to, subscribe to, reserve with, etc. I sadly have NEVER received a code also. :confused3 :sad2: :scratchin

Why doesn't Disney like me??? I was a season pass holder at Disneyland for 4 years and have been to WDW every year for the past 5!! Twice this year!! I WANT A PIN FOR MY TRIP!!! I have NEVER gotten a pin :(

:rotfl2: I've been visiting the parks since the 80's and staying onsite since 1999 and I have never ever received a PIN. Welcome to the Never A Bride, Always A Disney Bridesmaid Club! :thumbsup2

We can't use it though. There's no rooms available for the week we want to go! Why would they release the PIN numbers this late if there's hardly any rooms left? Disney Company could write a book: How to Make Vacation Planning as Complicated as Possible. Lol. I'm laughing...sort of. ;-)

Not sure when you're going, but I received the same PIN last night and my TA was able to apply it to my POFQ reservation. We're staying 10/20-10/28. Hopefully something will open up for you!pixiedust: You're right though, Disney sure knows how to make it hard to plan a trip, Lol. I hope all of you still searching for a discount get one!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

For people disappointed about not getting pins, there might be an easy fix. I'm kinda new at this, and suddenly 2 months into disney planning I started getting pins. All I did was order a free vacation planning video, and when I was asked if I was going to stay off or on property, I clicked "off-property" and suddenly I was receiving pins. Might be worth a shot?

Unfortunately, I don't want free dining, so I wasn't able to use the ones I got. Never got a RO pin. :confused3

I got it! A 20% discount for 10/25-1nt at POR. I upgraded from a standard room to a royal room and still saved $11. $195 more if I want to stay a AKL in a Savannah view room. Is it worth it????

Discount Room Rate for 10/25 - 1nt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I split my reservation so that I could get the free dining plan. Staying at Pop from 10/26-11/1 (free dining). We arrive on 10/25, so I booked the POR for that one night. Would really like to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Has anyone seen/heard of any discounts floating around for that timeframe????

Disney Wonder 12/1999
Disney Dream 4/2012
Disney's Pop Century 10/2014

Not sure when you're going, but I received the same PIN last night and my TA was able to apply it to my POFQ reservation. We're staying 10/20-10/28. Hopefully something will open up for you!pixiedust: You're right though, Disney sure knows how to make it hard to plan a trip, Lol. I hope all of you still searching for a discount get one!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Congrats in getting the pin!!! We are at pofq at the same time

I feel your pain and neglect! :sad: With all things Disney that I belong to, subscribe to, reserve with, etc. I sadly have NEVER received a code also. :confused3 :sad2: :scratchin

:rotfl2: I've been visiting the parks since the 80's and staying onsite since 1999 and I have never ever received a PIN. Welcome to the Never A Bride, Always A Disney Bridesmaid Club! :thumbsup2

I have only received a PIN once. It was back in 2009 and I think it was because I cancelled a reservation. In August 2009 I made a reservation for October 2010 and paid the deposit. In November 2009 we decided to cancel the trip because the economy was so bad and we thought it would be better to save the money. When I called WDTC to cancel the CM asked why I was cancelling and I told her a trip didn't fit into our budget for that year. Lo and behold, 2 weeks after I cancelled I got a 40% off PIN (via email). We ended up using the PIN and went on that October 2010 trip afterall.

Now I will say once this happened I did try to see if it would happen again (in 2012). I made a reservation, paid the deposit, then cancelled. It was a no go. But we got the GP Free Dining that year so all was well!

The family and I are debating on whether to keep our reservation at POR or our reservation at the Poly, can I have someone's opinion?

The family and I are debating on whether to keep our reservation at POR or our reservation at the Poly, can I have someone's opinion?

I personally would keep the reservation at POR. We love the Poly and usually stay there, however, for our trip this October we are staying at the GF. There is just way too much construction going on at the Poly. Besides the room, I don't think there is anywhere you'll be able to go at the resort without dealing with construction zones.

Are you doing a split stay? Why would you be cancelling? The only thing I can comment on is that the Poly is currently under construction and causing a bit of disappointment for many guests who are staying there. The pool is closed and the many views obstructed or minimized. The quick service restaurant has been moved and many of the details that make the experience at the Poly so special are being effected during this refurb. I, personally would try another resort if you are planning a visit during the refurb time. We switched our ressie to the Yacht & Beach Club due to this.

Don't feel bad...we've been to Disney over 25 times, go every year, always stay on site, spend all our money in Disney, and I've never been offered a pin code either. Not sure what criteria they use, but I go anyway cause I Love it. My SIL went with us two years ago, she had not been there since 1997, after that trip she received pin codes all last year only she couldn't go last year. She is going back with us this year, but of course no pin code offered to her this year. Oh well, maybe some day.. :)

We are in the "Poly Abandoners Club" this time around. We typically always stay at the Poly, going to the GF this time. That construction would ruin the magic for me. ;)

In other news- no RO discount, no pin codes. :/

Are you doing a split stay? Why would you be cancelling? The only thing I can comment on is that the Poly is currently under construction and causing a bit of disappointment for many guests who are staying there. The pool is closed and the many views obstructed or minimized. The quick service restaurant has been moved and many of the details that make the experience at the Poly so special are being effected during this refurb. I, personally would try another resort if you are planning a visit during the refurb time. We switched our ressie to the Yacht & Beach Club due to this.

Is there construction all over the resort? Around the monorail?

I bet Disney looks at my name and history and says, 'this sucker... umm.. guest will come to the parks no matter what..we don't need to send him anything...'

I moved one night of my split stay to AK standard 2 bedroom for 30 bucks less than Treehouse. I think I get a little more for the 9hunge.

Same with me:sad: Disney sent me a code for free dining or the late fall discount. I was thinking Yes!!! This is it, finally. But no, my travel agent has been checking everyday since and no availability for any discount at the Beach Club for my dates ( 10/17-25 )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter