~*~*~The Oct 2014 waiting patiently (or not so) for a discount thread ~*~*~

Just to let everyone here know, we received an email yesterday with PIN number for free dining and it included the 3rd week of October (but not the first two).

Can you, or anyone else who has gotten this pin, tell me the exact dates in October? Just wondering if I should keep stalking email and mail for my parents' trip in October or if the dates don't even apply anyway...

Can you, or anyone else who has gotten this pin, tell me the exact dates in October? Just wondering if I should keep stalking email and mail for my parents' trip in October or if the dates don't even apply anyway...

Here are the dates from the most recent UOC e-mail:

For arrivals most nights

8/25–10/3,10/19–11/1,11/9–11/22
and 12/12–12/23/14.

Book through 9/12/14.

Just curious what kinds of discounts you get with PINs? We got the RO, and although anything helps, it was only 15%, which really doesn't amount to too much.

Just curious what kinds of discounts you get with PINs? We got the RO, and although anything helps, it was only 15%, which really doesn't amount to too much.
This particular one was for free dining. On the same email was also a pin for "up to 30% off" rack rate (RO). The dates for this were broader though. 10/4-11/25 and 11/29-12/23. We received this one last Thursday, July 24.

This particular one was for free dining. On the same email was also a pin for "up to 30% off" rack rate (RO). The dates for this were broader though. 10/4-11/25 and 11/29-12/23. We received this one last Thursday, July 24.

Thanks...Great you got a discount. :thumbsup2

Here are the dates from the most recent UOC e-mail:

For arrivals most nights

8/25–10/3,10/19–11/1,11/9–11/22
and 12/12–12/23/14.

Book through 9/12/14.

Did you already have a reservation booked?? Or not yet?

we have been booked for a while, but no pins. :O( and the pin would cover the dates we are going :O(

Did you already have a reservation booked?? Or not yet? we have been booked for a while, but no pins. :O( and the pin would cover the dates we are going :O(

We weren't able to use it! We needed it for CBR week of Oct. 19, but only availability is for the pirate rooms, which won't work for us. :-(

I have question....my mom moved in with us recently and her mail is in the process of being switched. So during this process a pin came in the mail with her old address, but with a change of address label on it to my house. We are going in October, she is not going with us. Can we still us the pin since we are in the same household? Hopefully this makes sense. TIA

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We are going to wdw oct16-21st. So far none of the discounts are applicable. We could have saved 68 bucks if we moved to All Star sports from movies, but we prefer movies. Today I got a pin code from Disneyland, what a bummer!!

So is anyone else paying rack rate for their October stay? Absolutely no discounts available for PO-R in mid October. IDK what to do. Already planning on no MNSSHP and will probably cut our Ohana ressie. Thinking of taking an extra day off our ressie as well. And scrapping the vacation entirely. I'm not keen to do the latter, but I'm concerned about the crowds.

So is anyone else paying rack rate for their October stay? Absolutely no discounts available for PO-R in mid October. IDK what to do. Already planning on no MNSSHP and will probably cut our Ohana ressie. Thinking of taking an extra day off our ressie as well. And scrapping the vacation entirely. I'm not keen to do the latter, but I'm concerned about the crowds.

We're coming third week in Oct so also the free dining black out perdiod. Sucks doesn't it? We did get a RO discount, but honestly it only saved us $200 (and we had to change our AoA suite type from Lion King to Cars...which I never understood). Not too much but better than nothing. We did chose to purchase MNSSHP tickets but passed on park hoppers. For us, this is a once in a lifetime trip (don't think we'll get to Disney again), but wow did it ever cost $$$.

Hope that you'll still be able to go and enjoy your trip.

We're coming third week in Oct so also the free dining black out perdiod. Sucks doesn't it? We did get a RO discount, but honestly it only saved us $200 (and we had to change our AoA suite type from Lion King to Cars...which I never understood). Not too much but better than nothing. We did chose to purchase MNSSHP tickets but passed on park hoppers. For us, this is a once in a lifetime trip (don't think we'll get to Disney again), but wow did it ever cost $$$.

Hope that you'll still be able to go and enjoy your trip.

That's great-it's something! I'm not going to complain too much. For a family of 5, POR is a good deal. I'm just so disappointed to be locked out on free dining and then not even score an RO discount. Very unprecedented it seems.

Enjoy your trip!

Yep. We are not even in Columbus day week. There were discounts available in the public offer our week, but no availability for any resorts we are interested in. This may be our first trip actually paying rack rate. It is funny that you posted this today. I wondered if everyone pretty much gave up on searching for discounts in October. ha!

My family of 4, and my sisters family of 4. We going Oct. 17 -26 Beach Club. I've been sent a pin code twice and my sister got one yesterday ( free dining or room discount ) and when we check - we're not eligible for the discount for our stay, hotel, etc. I've never payed rack rates at Disney, but I guess there is a first time for everything. I've had this vacation booked since the day the packages were released. Never thought a discount wouldn't come:headache:

My family of 4, and my sisters family of 4. We going Oct. 17 -26 Beach Club. I've been sent a pin code twice and my sister got one yesterday ( free dining or room discount ) and when we check - we're not eligible for the discount for our stay, hotel, etc. I've never payed rack rates at Disney, but I guess there is a first time for everything. I've had this vacation booked since the day the packages were released. Never thought a discount wouldn't come:headache:

Did you consider a split stay? We are booked at POP Oct 17-26. We had to do a room only for the first two nights and a free dining package from the 19th to 26th. We will pickup our package tickets on the 17th so we can get park access.

Did you consider a split stay? We are booked at POP Oct 17-26. We had to do a room only for the first two nights and a free dining package from the 19th to 26th. We will pickup our package tickets on the 17th so we can get park access.

I considered a split stay but it wasn't available for the hotel that we were staying at. (CSR)

We just rebooked last week to POR-R, and saved $300. Better than nothing.

I was going to try to split stay, HOWEVER it wasn't available.

and we were told that the free dining doesn't start until Oct 26???????

I'm emailing my TA right now, thanks I'll post back when I hear.

Yes I just double checked, the website for Disney doesn't even show Oct 26th as being available any more for Moderates. Smitch, how did you get Free Dining Oct 19?

Offer Details
Book Through
September 12, 2014

Valid Arrival Dates

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels:
•Aug 17 through Oct 3, 2014
•Oct 26 through Nov 1, 2014
•November 9 through November 20, 2014
•Dec 12 through Dec 23, 2014

Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels:
•Aug 17 through Oct 2, 2014
•Oct 26 through Nov 1, 2014
•Nov 9 through Nov 20, 2014

Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels:
•Aug 17 through Sep 13, 2014
•Sep 23 through Sep 26, 2014
•Nov 20, 2014

Select Disney Value Resort Hotels:
•Aug 17 through Sep 20, 2014
•Oct 30 through Nov 1, 2014
•Nov 20, 2014

I considered a split stay but it wasn't available for the hotel that we were staying at. (CSR)

We just rebooked last week to POR-R, and saved $300. Better than nothing.

I was going to try to split stay, HOWEVER it wasn't available.

and we were told that the free dining doesn't start until Oct 26???????

Sorry for the confusion. I am booked with the FD pin. It picks up on the 19th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter