The General "Are You Interested" Thread

Hmm. Could it have just been an idea ahead of it's time? ;)

I really wish we had an all-OC Neverland RP on the boards. It seems like it could be tons of fun. I mean, doesn't everyone wish they were a lost boy/girl?
Well, I don't know. It sounds like it could get monotonous after a while. Fight pirates and talk to mermaids, that's all that happens. Neverland is a place of perpetual childhood, so there's not much area for difference or change.

Well, I don't know. It sounds like it could get monotonous after a while. Fight pirates and talk to mermaids, that's all that happens. Neverland is a place of perpetual childhood, so there's not much area for difference or change.

The way I see it is that it's a bit like a school-based RP. Just going to school every day would be a boring RP, right? You need a plot twist to pull it all together. I think if we find a good one- and I'm not sure what it would be- we'd be in business.

PLUS- we wouldn't all be lost children. Some of us could RP as pirates, mermaids, and fairies. Surely having actual people RP as villains/rude characters in general in the mix would add all sorts of drama and depth into the mix, as opposed to us just RPing "we fought a nameless pirate and we won and now we're partying"

The way I see it is that it's a bit like a school-based RP. Just going to school every day would be a boring RP, right? You need a plot twist to pull it all together. I think if we find a good one- and I'm not sure what it would be- we'd be in business.
You kind of have a point. Going to school would be boring
But, for the sake of playing devil's advocate (this isn't an attack, just talking), you also reinforced my point. You don't know what the twist it. While its true that in the beginnings for forming an idea you don't know everything, the twist or story or depth or however you want to think of it for a Neverland RP has not yet been found. On the other hand (using your example of a school, but not saying one should exist) there are a million different twists you could pull - spy school, super school, school for disney characters (oh look we did this one), rival schools, student rivalries, etc. - that can grow into something more.

You kind of have a point. Going to school would be boring
But, for the sake of playing devil's advocate (this isn't an attack, just talking), you also reinforced my point. You don't know what the twist it. While its true that in the beginnings for forming an idea you don't know everything, the twist or story or depth or however you want to think of it for a Neverland RP has not yet been found. On the other hand (using your example of a school, but not saying one should exist) there are a million different twists you could pull - spy school, super school, school for disney characters (oh look we did this one), rival schools, student rivalries, etc. - that can grow into something more.

I'm gonna disagree with you here. There have been other Neverland RPs on different websites- namely, Tumblr- with outstanding plots. Just because we haven't whipped up one yet doesn't mean we can't :)
Some examples include:
  • introducing brand-new lost children with broken pasts who are now struggling to forget their pasts, embrace their future, and fit in with the other, more experienced lost children
  • neverland going through a period of darkness where lost-children need to constantly battle an uprising of pirates
  • an alternate universe of neverland that includes other humans that aren't necessarily lost children, vampires, etc. (a bit darker but a stem of traditional Neverland nonetheless)
So I think there is plausible ground for constructing a Neverland-based RP. It might have to be at least a tiny bit darker than the plot of the Disney cartoon dares to go, but it would still involve Neverland in it's truest form- a mythical island full of youth and adventure.

I'm gonna disagree with you here. There have been other Neverland RPs on different websites- namely, Tumblr- with outstanding plots. Just because we haven't whipped up one yet doesn't mean we can't :)
Some examples include:
  • introducing brand-new lost children with broken pasts who are now struggling to forget their pasts, embrace their future, and fit in with the other, more experienced lost children
  • neverland going through a period of darkness where lost-children need to constantly battle an uprising of pirates
  • an alternate universe of neverland that includes other humans that aren't necessarily lost children, vampires, etc. (a bit darker but a stem of traditional Neverland nonetheless)
So I think there is plausible ground for constructing a Neverland-based RP. It might have to be at least a tiny bit darker than the plot of the Disney cartoon dares to go, but it would still involve Neverland in it's truest form- a mythical island full of youth and adventure.
You make a good argument. Like I said, I was only playing devil's advocate. I honestly had no idea that kind of thing was so popular

I agree that a Neverland RP would be fun, but I have to side with Wings on this one because I don't know where it'd go with plot and stuff.

And that is totally fine, lots of new people try to get a feel for things and people before they start to voice their opinions more.
How many teens actually get involved with role plays here? Is there more involvement during the Summer?

How many teens actually get involved with role plays here? Is there more involvement during the Summer?
Everything during the summer is much bigger. About 90% of the people who sign up between May and September I've never seen again. So yeah, more people may be inclined to RP. But then you lose half tgecast after August, even more if people have multiple characters. That's why I'm taking so much time this year thinking about whay I want to run this summer, because I want it to still be classic and enjoyable even after all those people will inevitably leave.

Everything during the summer is much bigger. About 90% of the people who sign up between May and September I've never seen again. So yeah, more people may be inclined to RP. But then you lose half tgecast after August, even more if people have multiple characters. That's why I'm taking so much time this year thinking about whay I want to run this summer, because I want it to still be classic and enjoyable even after all those people will inevitably leave.
It is a shame they leave, but at least they come for the role play. Maybe they will stay if they get hooked into other Disney talk.

Well, I was talking about all those that join the site or teen board period, not just RP

Well, I was talking about all those that join the site or teen board period, not just RP
Oh, so in general more teens join in the Summer. That makes sense because we are off school and everything. June 12th is my last day this year.

The Neverland Rp sounds cool though the idea of them fighting pirates or having new children sounds interesting. I personally don't like the idea of vampires being in Neverland though.

The Neverland Rp sounds cool though the idea of them fighting pirates or having new children sounds interesting. I personally don't like the idea of vampires being in Neverland though.
Vampires in Neverland. Nah, don't like it. Way too much Twilight like for me, plus they glow and we wouldn't know if that was them just glowing or Pixie Dust. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter