The General "Are You Interested" Thread

Fairywings

Perry/Perrin
So recently, I’ve talked to a bunch of different people and reminisced on my glory days, and realized that then and now people had good ideas for stuff, and some people have done threads to gauge how interested people are in ideas, but it’s a rather daunting task to put out an idea for some people. And some people don’t like to run stuff but have amazing ideas all the same. And sometimes you have part of an idea but not the whole thing.

So I thought I’d start this thread, so people can throw out ideas for RPs and stories or novels or plays or whatever the case may be, and see whether people like those ideas or have any suggestions or whatever in an environment that’s casual and not all of the attention is directed at any one person or idea.

Only rule is be nice and constructive and not destructive or condescending.

I’ll start us off with a few things that’s been hanging around my head, but anyone can jump in at any point.

1. The tentatively named Marvel High is by far my newest idea, and possibly the most expansive as well. Imagine a regular high school in NYC, except the relatives of both Marvel heroes and villains went there. This could include anyone from Avengers and their bad guys to SHIELD and Hydra to X-Men and Magneto and his Brotherhood to Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom and the FF’s other bad guys to unaffiliated people like Spider-Man, Daredevil, etc and the people that they face. Relatives of villains don’t even have to be evil, short version I have a special set up for relatives of villains. There are different rules in place, like ones to make sure people don’t go overboard and there’s a rule for people in the YA thread that you can’t have the same relations. Meaning in Marvel High I couldn’t make a relative of Hulk, Captain America, Fury, or Falcon. However, when and if MH happens, I plan to move my minor characters to this thread, which is allowed.

2. As some of you may know, when Silv decided to take a break she transferred ownership of COD, ASOD and SOD to me. For all three threads I did an extensive spring cleaning and reorganizing of the front pages/character pages, but ASOD and SOD never needed them, as they both have died, and rather soon after. That puzzles me, as COD is still going strong. Plus I was thinking that those threads were kinda no pressure, because there was never any plot that we were trying to get to, which would make it great to incorporate new people. The problem is COD characters are so far developed that the thread kind of scares people from signing up. So I was wondering if anyone else thought it would be a good idea if I started SOD and ASOD over from scratch, except doing it my way. Mainly that would mean instead of splitting good guys and bad guys, I’d do like COD and make it one school. Not sure whether or not it would be a boarding school. I’d probably call it Academy of Disney, or AOD.

3. An alternative idea to AOD would be what I like to call Walter E. Disney High School, which I’m thinking of writing a story about anyway. Basically it would be where you would play Disney characters as high school students, and yes I would allow Disney characters to be teachers as well, but only the ones that are definitely adults, like Queen Elinor, King Triton, Mary Poppins, etc. I even have the canon ages of the Disney Princesses, and all of them except Elsa who is 21 are between 14 and 19, so that’s really cool and I’d provide those. Fairies, mermaids and the like would have to be humans though.

I love the last idea and if you want I could run it if you want to persue that. I also like the Academy of Disney idea.

So I'm new here, and I've been lurking for quite a while, and I've been roleplaying for a loooooong time now (on other websites) and I was thinking of starting my own on here. :) Now I had an idea:

My idea is basically Disney characters reincarnated into the modern times who will discover who they are. If any of you have seen Once Upon A Time or played The Wolf Among Us, I was thinking something like those, but G-rated :) There would be several characters for the taking and if someone quits or they're inactive, they'll be open again. Each character would have a hint or a power to who they were in their past life (etc Rapunzel has magical hair, Elsa has manipulation of ice, Ariel can breathe underwater, Hercules is super strength etc). The twist - the Disney villains have been reincarnated as well, but still have their memories of their past lives, and their goal is to eliminate the Disney "good" characters once and for all. I really like this idea and was thinking of starting it on another forum also :) But I'll bring it here too if people like it.

So I'm new here, and I've been lurking for quite a while, and I've been roleplaying for a loooooong time now (on other websites) and I was thinking of starting my own on here. :) Now I had an idea: My idea is basically Disney characters reincarnated into the modern times who will discover who they are. If any of you have seen Once Upon A Time or played The Wolf Among Us, I was thinking something like those, but G-rated :) There would be several characters for the taken and if someone quits or they're inactive, they'll be open again. Each character would have a hint or a power to who they were in their past life (etc Rapunzel has magical hair, Elsa has manipulation of ice, Ariel can breathe underwater, Hercules is super strength etc). The twist - the Disney villains have been reincarnated as well, but still have their memories of their past lives, and their goal is to eliminate the Disney "good" characters once and for all. I really like this idea and was thinking of starting it on another forum also :) But I'll bring it here too if people like it.

I LOVE THE WOLF AMONG US LETS DO IT. Bigby is bae.

So I'm new here, and I've been lurking for quite a while, and I've been roleplaying for a loooooong time now (on other websites) and I was thinking of starting my own on here. :) Now I had an idea:

My idea is basically Disney characters reincarnated into the modern times who will discover who they are. If any of you have seen Once Upon A Time or played The Wolf Among Us, I was thinking something like those, but G-rated :) There would be several characters for the taken and if someone quits or they're inactive, they'll be open again. Each character would have a hint or a power to who they were in their past life (etc Rapunzel has magical hair, Elsa has manipulation of ice, Ariel can breathe underwater, Hercules is super strength etc). The twist - the Disney villains have been reincarnated as well, but still have their memories of their past lives, and their goal is to eliminate the Disney "good" characters once and for all. I really like this idea and was thinking of starting it on another forum also :) But I'll bring it here too if people like it.

Oooh I like this idea! :goodvibes

All Tangled Up said:

My idea is basically Disney characters reincarnated into the modern times who will discover who they are. If any of you have seen Once Upon A Time or played The Wolf Among Us, I was thinking something like those, but G-rated :) There would be several characters for the taking and if someone quits or they're inactive, they'll be open again. Each character would have a hint or a power to who they were in their past life (etc Rapunzel has magical hair, Elsa has manipulation of ice, Ariel can breathe underwater, Hercules is super strength etc). The twist - the Disney villains have been reincarnated as well, but still have their memories of their past lives, and their goal is to eliminate the Disney "good" characters once and for all. I really like this idea and was thinking of starting it on another forum also :) But I'll bring it here too if people like it.

I love this idea, but I have one suggestion. I think we should make our own characters.

Hm, Wings. I really like reading your posts like this, they always make me think :D

I like the Marvel High idea, although I feel like the renewed Schools of Disney Roleplays appeal a little more to me personally.

I think that the Academy for Disney is a great idea. I liked the Schools of Disney a lot, I think it would be a good idea.

Mixed feelings on the Walter E. Disney High School idea.

Hm, thar sounds interesting. I think that would be a good idea :thumbsup2

I love the first and second ideas, but the third doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I just feel like people do better with making their own characters instead of trying to post as a character that's made by someone else. Call me crazy:rotfl:

By the way, nice to meet you, I'm Perry, welcome to the Dis.

Pleasantries out of the way, I like this ideas as well, though I've only heard of Once Upon a Time (well, I saw the first episode but I never got to see the show again because I lost it so that doesn't count) and I've never heard of The Wolf Among Us. If you do this, I'm not going to bother with my third idea, because both are similar but yours is better thought out and more expansive.

Hm, Wings. I really like reading your posts like this, they always make me think :D

I like the Marvel High idea, although I feel like the renewed Schools of Disney Roleplays appeal a little more to me personally.

I think that the Academy for Disney is a great idea. I liked the Schools of Disney a lot, I think it would be a good idea.

Mixed feelings on the Walter E. Disney High School idea.

Hm, thar sounds interesting. I think that would be a good idea :thumbsup2

lol, thanks Cindy.

I love the first and second ideas, but the third doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I just feel like people do better with making their own characters instead of trying to post as a character that's made by someone else. Call me crazy:rotfl:

That's a good point.

I'll probably end up doing both 1 and 2, if I know myself well enough.

Thanks for the welcome, Fairywings :)

I'm gonna type it up now, but it may take a while because I'm on my phone (I'm actually on vacation in Florida right now, and going to Disney World tomorrow!) but for now, do you guys have tips on how to roleplay on this forum, and start a roleplay? I know every site is different. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the welcome, Fairywings :)

I'm gonna type it up now, but it may take a while because I'm on my phone (I'm actually on vacation in Florida right now, and going to Disney World tomorrow!) but for now, do you guys have tips on how to roleplay on this forum, and start a roleplay? I know every site is different. Thanks in advance!

No problem.

Lucky you!

Anyway, you can use any kinda format you want, but the normal writing style can be seen on any roleplay basically.

One usually starts with a sign up thread, explaining what its about and holding the sign up form. Usually its up to discretion of the creator on when to start the rp. Usually either they say the rp will start on whatever date they choose or they wait to have like five or six or eight or ten or however many people they want.

There's always a little sign up form. Name, appearance and personality are always there. Age is up to you, I don't know whether it matters or not for this thread, but mostly we play teens so you'll want to mention if everyone is supposed to be an adult. For this thread, you probably want to have a place for which character they are a reincarnation of. Some people like histories and some people like to include a space for other random things.

Oh okay, thanks! :) I just finished writing up the story/summar. Thanks again for your tips!

And everyone can be whatever age that they wish to be. There are obviously some exceptions (Mother Gothel, for example) but other than those it will be whatever :P

And if someone wants the qualities of a Disney character but wants to play someone of the opposite gender, they can (Aladdin can be reincarnated as a girl character, for example, if someone wants a personality like his but doesn't want to play a boy). Pretty much the only restrictions are personality (but only a little) and their power/skill. Other than that people can be free in their choices :)

So recently, I’ve talked to a bunch of different people and reminisced on my glory days, and realized that then and now people had good ideas for stuff, and some people have done threads to gauge how interested people are in ideas, but it’s a rather daunting task to put out an idea for some people. And some people don’t like to run stuff but have amazing ideas all the same. And sometimes you have part of an idea but not the whole thing.

So I thought I’d start this thread, so people can throw out ideas for RPs and stories or novels or plays or whatever the case may be, and see whether people like those ideas or have any suggestions or whatever in an environment that’s casual and not all of the attention is directed at any one person or idea.

Only rule is be nice and constructive and not destructive or condescending.

I’ll start us off with a few things that’s been hanging around my head, but anyone can jump in at any point.

1. The tentatively named Marvel High is by far my newest idea, and possibly the most expansive as well. Imagine a regular high school in NYC, except the relatives of both Marvel heroes and villains went there. This could include anyone from Avengers and their bad guys to SHIELD and Hydra to X-Men and Magneto and his Brotherhood to Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom and the FF’s other bad guys to unaffiliated people like Spider-Man, Daredevil, etc and the people that they face. Relatives of villains don’t even have to be evil, short version I have a special set up for relatives of villains. There are different rules in place, like ones to make sure people don’t go overboard and there’s a rule for people in the YA thread that you can’t have the same relations. Meaning in Marvel High I couldn’t make a relative of Hulk, Captain America, Fury, or Falcon. However, when and if MH happens, I plan to move my minor characters to this thread, which is allowed.

2. As some of you may know, when Silv decided to take a break she transferred ownership of COD, ASOD and SOD to me. For all three threads I did an extensive spring cleaning and reorganizing of the front pages/character pages, but ASOD and SOD never needed them, as they both have died, and rather soon after. That puzzles me, as COD is still going strong. Plus I was thinking that those threads were kinda no pressure, because there was never any plot that we were trying to get to, which would make it great to incorporate new people. The problem is COD characters are so far developed that the thread kind of scares people from signing up. So I was wondering if anyone else thought it would be a good idea if I started SOD and ASOD over from scratch, except doing it my way. Mainly that would mean instead of splitting good guys and bad guys, I’d do like COD and make it one school. Not sure whether or not it would be a boarding school. I’d probably call it Academy of Disney, or AOD.

3. An alternative idea to AOD would be what I like to call Walter E. Disney High School, which I’m thinking of writing a story about anyway. Basically it would be where you would play Disney characters as high school students, and yes I would allow Disney characters to be teachers as well, but only the ones that are definitely adults, like Queen Elinor, King Triton, Mary Poppins, etc. I even have the canon ages of the Disney Princesses, and all of them except Elsa who is 21 are between 14 and 19, so that’s really cool and I’d provide those. Fairies, mermaids and the like would have to be humans though.

1. I like it, although I'm afraid I don't know about Marvel enough to sign up. It's still cool, and it sounds like it could get interesting. I think it's a good idea.

2. This one I like a lot better. I've missed SOD and ASOD a lot since they've kind of died off. I also like the AOD better because we won't have to go back and forth between two threads for different relatives. (No hate, just being honest.) I personally think it would be an interesting boarding school.

3. I also like this idea. If you've ever read Disney fanfiction (I advise against it), then it sounds like a lot of the Disney High School fanfics out there. But I do agree with Noelle (hope it's okay I call you that) in saying that people seem to work better with characters they've created, not characters that are already made up.

I think this idea is good. I have mixed feelings though, I'd have to wait a couple of days before I make my conclusion. I've never seen The Wolf Among Us, but I love OUaT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter