Starbucks coming to WDW theme parks

Am I the only Disney fan upset by this? Don't get me wrong, I love Starbucks but for one second just think about it.

Walking onto Main Street, hearing the laughter, music, seeing that castle, seeing the period dress, seeing nothing that was invented past 1901. And then, out of the corner of your eye, you see a Starbucks logo. Which was invented way after 1901.

I, for one, am devestated by this news. It will be so out of place. I can't believe it's been allowed.

Hey I am with you too. I go to disney to escape reality I don’t want to walk through the gates and see a statbucks sign

Every time I have Starbucks coffee my tummy gets all funny. That's why I stopped drinking it. Now it'll be at WDW, :(.

If Universal has them already, why would Disney want them? :confused3 Maybe the profit.

I personally don't want a Starbucks at MK or AK. But Epcot and HS will work out fine. I'm sure of that.

Every time I have Starbucks coffee my tummy gets all funny. That's why I stopped drinking it. Now it'll be at WDW, :(.

If Universal has them already, why would Disney want them? :confused3 Maybe the profit.

I personally don't want a Starbucks at MK or AK. But Epcot and HS will work out fine. I'm sure of that.
Not the first time Uni has done something that Disney did later (e.g. Fast pass.)

I'm thrilled that Disney is putting in a Starbucks. I don't even drink coffee, but am so tired of people complaining about the crappy coffee.

Finally Chip and Dale can take a rest and stop collecting the acorns they currently boil to make Disney coffee. It really is terrible.

I wonder what this means for the Joffrey’s Kiosks that are currently there. Their coffee, and particularly the iced coffee was actually pretty good.

Don't the Starbucks on property have to be themed to Disney? "When You Wish Upon A Starbucks" or "The Second Starbucks to the Right?":earsboy:

Don't the Starbucks on property have to be themed to Disney? "When You Wish Upon A Starbucks" or "The Second Starbucks to the Right?":earsboy:

If OPI ever decides to do a line of Starbucks inspired nail polish, I think you've coined names for at least two of the colors.

I can't wait for some decent coffee in the parks finally!

Taken from: http://www . the examiner com /arti...ill-soon-be-coming-to-walt-disney-world-parks

There is already so much to love about the Walt Disney World Resort and now there will be something making the caffeine-lovers even happier. Beginning in June, the Walt Disney Company will begin selling Starbucks coffee in its theme parks starting with Disney California Adventure but soon spreading to the parks in Orlando, Florida.

Revealed Monday morning on the Disney Parks Blog, Starbucks coffee will begin being sold at DCA this June. More locations selling the famous coffee are planned for:

Disneyland
Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney's Animal Kingdom

No set dates are in place as of yet, but it can be thought to be soon.

Each Starbucks location will be themed to fit into their surroundings no matter where they are placed. That is of course keeping in line with how Disney designs all their parks.

The locations will sell Starbucks items including coffee and espresso beverages, Frappuccino blended beverages, and signature breakfast sandwiches and pastries. Mixed in will also be great items from Disney that guests have come to love.

I wonder if they will sell cool Starbucks/WDW mugs? Two of my favorite things on the same mug would be pretty awesome!!!:cool2:

Seriously? Is this really necessary?

I love some of Starbucks' drinks. I have yet to find them anywhere else. People spend may more money on things I think are silly to pay for but $3 for a coffee the exact way I want it, is nothing. I'd pay double, easily.

I don't give a poo about it being "popular" I consume what I want with or without people who come in on a clearly pro-product thread just bash that product. Sounds like a waste of time. :snooty:

You just confirmed my point.:banana:

Every food item is already overpriced at Disney parks.

At least you will be able to actually GET "coffee" for your money.

Totally agree! The brand that they serve in Disney parks currently is absolutely terrible. I already just paid extra to get an espresso at certain places, so i'm glad we will now have this option! SO EXCITED! :cool1:

Starbucks coffee has a different flavor that other coffees. It has to do with the quality of the beans, the way the beans are roasted and how the coffee is prepared (cold brew/hot brew, etc). Some people like it and others don't. I LOVE IT. I WISH I COULD HAVE AN IV BAG WITH STARBUCKS IN IT! I don't think it's fair to say that people drink Starbucks because its "trendy". I mean, in parts of the country where there isn't a Starbucks and people are lining up at Dunkin' Donuts or Seattle's Best...are they there to be cool? I would guess they just want a coffee.

When I go to Starbucks I just ordered regular coffee. The latte's are delicious but I am a daily coffee drinker and $5 cup is a lot of money! But I order a Venti Ice Coffee with White Mocha added. It ends up being $2 and some change....tastes just like the Iced Latte Version (just a tad less bitter).

I was planning on bringing my reusable Starbucks tumbler, some ice coffee VIA's and a case of horizon milk (for my dd :laughing:) so I could make ice coffee in my room before we leave!

:thumbsup2

I also don't understand why this thread is on the community board-isn't that more about games and such? It should be under theme park attractions. I had do a search for the thread on Starbucks and I would never think to look under the community board.

The main board TPAS is for trip planning information.

As this thread demonstrates that because the actual date of the implementation at WDW has not yet been set ,it has broadening into I love/loath Starbucks thread :) This is perfectly fine ;)
There was also a number of threads opened up so the mods have been merging them all into one thread, in TPAS community. When we remember we will put an expiring link so that the OP and others will see where it came from. It really depends on what else is distracting people's attention :surfweb:

I agree with any discussion that there are always elements that conversations will drift from the original subject. As moderators we try and allow this to a point as it adds towards the good spirit and friendly nature of the board. There does come a point though, where it looks like the off topic discussion has taken over from the original subject and one of the jobs of a moderator is judging when this has happened and then to give a reminder which gets thing back on track.

Asking posters to stay on-topic or moving threads is not a slap on the wrists. So please do not think it is any more than good housekeeping and keeping TPAS as a welcoming and friendly place.

For myself if I get it wrong; since none of us are flawless, then I am happy to receive a friendly nudge (Private Message) asking for the move to be reconsidered.

As always if anyone has any questions about what is happening to posts on the boards, especially about moderation then you should PM the moderators.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter