Shaping up for 2.0

Thanks Shelly! I'm pretty sure Kathy, Chris and Todd are in the 5k as well.

Kathy Werling?

I get it, that is a butt joke right? Although I think that is one of the heaver planets! Just watch out for Klingons!!

Not to burst your bubble, Don, but Uranus is a relatively "light" planet. Its average density is 1.27 grams per cubic centimeter, while the Earth's is 5.515. Mercury is 5.422, so Aaron is WAAAAAAY stronger than you. Paul was letting you have an easy planet to pose with to help keep your ego intact. :goodvibes

Kathy Werling?

Not to burst your bubble, Don, but Uranus is a relatively "light" planet. Its average density is 1.27 grams per cubic centimeter, while the Earth's is 5.515. Mercury is 5.422, so Aaron is WAAAAAAY stronger than you. Paul was letting you have an easy planet to pose with to help keep your ego intact. :goodvibes

Thanks a lot Todd....now I have to go stab myself with toothpicks.

Kathy Werling?
Yea...I remember she mentioned it on a previous podcast. As always ...schedules can change. I hope she does it though. It would be a lot of fun.

I invited Puck down to Indy for a workout after the Indy meet, but he hasn't responded yet. :rolleyes1
I figure this way...We can lift planets together.

I invited Puck down to Indy for a workout after the Indy meet, but he hasn't responded yet. :rolleyes1
I figure this way...We can lift planets together.

I'll lift Pluto....ohh wait, that isn't a planet anymore :(

Been super busy around here lately now that our snow has melted that I never got around to posting my progress on Monday....or at least I dont think I did.:confused3 :lmao: Anywho....I am down 2.2 this week as of Monday. I am sure that had something to do with all the painting I was doing this week. Let me tell you... I was sore there for a few days. :rotfl:

Been super busy around here lately now that our snow has melted that I never got around to posting my progress on Monday....or at least I dont think I did.:confused3 :lmao: Anywho....I am down 2.2 this week as of Monday. I am sure that had something to do with all the painting I was doing this week. Let me tell you... I was sore there for a few days. :rotfl:

Another 2.2!! :woohoo: That's great!!!

We're heading to the World tonight after work, so I don't think I'll be weighing in next week when we get home! :rolleyes1 I'll have to try to work off all that extra Disney yumminess first!

Yesterday I ran my fastest 5k time... 36.41.

Now I need to get my body as thin as my brain thinks my body is.

Hi all.

Thought I should check in... haven't posted in a long while but I have been keeping up with the routine. Still having trouble with the heel but I have been walking 3 miles a day faithfully some days are easy but yesturday for example it seemed like 30 instead of 3 and I am now down 24 lbs. I would like to try do 3 miles in the morning and 3 at night and see how my heel holds up. Not sure if there is a better time of day to exercise but I find i enjoy the evenings better. After all the rain we got I am assuming the misquitos will be taking over and I am going to have to switch to all mornings which I dont really care for. When I did it this morning I don't think my body was fully awake :confused3 I did my measurments and 21.5 inches gone in total .... I don't know where but they are gone! :worship: How is everyone else out there doing????? Hope all is well.

Gosh, you are doing great!

I am still doing good with physical activity, but I am still eating too much.
No good results for me. Very frustrating!

Gosh, you are doing great!

I am still doing good with physical activity, but I am still eating too much.
No good results for me. Very frustrating!

Thanks...Well the fact that your doing good in the physical activity department is great!!!! To me I find that to be the hardest part. There are some days I really really don't wanna do it. I am not sure how some folks say they enjoy the exercise part of it... I sure don't ...not at all! I do find however I enjoy walking outside instead of the treadmill in the basement. At least one can enjoy the fresh air ... and swat at the bugs....:rotfl:

With the recent improvement in weather conditions, there have been a few status updates on Facebook about DISers getting out of the house and getting active...so what have you been up to?

As for me, activity wise:
•been jogging a bit, to prep for the half marathon in Disney in 3 months.
•mowing my mom's lawn...yeah it doesn't seem like much, but its an old push mower and there are a lot of hills and stuff, more of a work out than you might realize.
•doing breathing and muscle control (think modified yoga) exercises while pulling weeds in the flower beds.

In other aspects to get healthier:
•been maintaining better (consistently closer to/on target) blood sugars.
•cutting back on the amount of soda/pop and increasing water intake.
•maintaining a more regular sleep schedule.
•posting on the WISH forum. They are good peeps too. Almost as caring and wonderful as we are. :goodvibes

I have continued my walking regiment despite my issues with my knee that have plagued me over the last several months. I am currently walking about 2.5 miles a day minimum 5 times a week.

I have added water exercise twice a week to my routine. It is low impact for strengthening my Knee muscle.

My weight loss has hit a wall, so I am hoping I can get it moving downward again.

Alright...I guess it's time that I drag my sorry butt off of the couch! I have been pretty miserable with my weight for a long time and when I was trying on shorts the other day...uh...can I just say YUCK! I hate my thighs, arms, and tummy...time to do something about it I guess!

So...starting slowly...I've got my Wii Fit that I used this morning. Haven't done that in a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time. I've got lots of dance-related workout DVDs too. Popped one in this morning and it was just too much so I need to work back into it...I would really rather go back to my Zumba class, but that's just not in the budget at the moment (although I hope it will be soon though!) .

So here I go...here's hoping I'll be skinnier and feel better about myself by PCC 2.0! :dance3:

I was thinking about this thread last night when I was at the gym.
Did weights and 2.5 miles on the treadmill while listening to podcasts, reading trashy magazines and watching Food TV.

I am really going to have to be more conscientious about the food I eat.

My partner is so sure I will gain ever so much weight eating with the Disney Dining Plan. Yes, we will be walking a lot. But I know me, I will also be eating all sort of too much yummy food!

I have been reading this thread off and on now for months. I guess it's time I posted.
I finally got my rear in gear about 4 weeks ago and started being REALLY good about the foods I eat. I found an app for my droid that has a corresponding website (fatsecret dot com). You can keep track of everything you eat and monitor whatever parameters are important to you (calories, fat, carbs, sugar, protein, salt, etc.). It also allows you to enter your exercise each say- so you can see the total intake and the total expenditure!
On my phone, I can scan bar codes on any foods I eat. Their database is huge with grocery store and fast food items. And if your food is not there- you can scan the barcode or enter it in the computer. And you can even add your own recipes. You can share what you enter or keep it private. It's like the perfect tool for me!! And it's doing a pretty good job of keeping me accountable each day.

That said- I am down 7 lbs for the month. I am a little disappointed- knowing what foods I did NOT eat!!

I have added walking 3 miles about 3 times a week. And I try to do a few exercise videos if I can't get out to walk (I still like my Richard Simmons tapes :goodvibes)

But- I can deal with 7lbs/month. That would put me within 20 lbs of my goal by cruise time. I would love that!! :lovestruc
(I have so many clothes in my basement I can't wait to wear again! Lots of Disney stuff too!)

So- there it is- the ever present struggle.
Someone said earlier- now I just need to get my body as thin as my brain thinks it is!
That is THE most perfect statement ever!!! :lmao:

In the end though- it's all about being as healthy as I can be- and have fun living life too! :banana:

I am going to ask this on the WISH board as well but does anyone here know of a good beginners DVD for using Kettle Bells? The DVD I got with mine isn't really a workout as much as a how to hold and how to swing instructional video?

I want to incorporate Kettle Bells into my workouts for variety.

Thanks

I am going to ask this on the WISH board as well but does anyone here know of a good beginners DVD for using Kettle Bells? The DVD I got with mine isn't really a workout as much as a how to hold and how to swing instructional video?

I want to incorporate Kettle Bells into my workouts for variety.

Thanks

I had to google what they were.

lance-armstrong-kettlebells.jpg

strongfortbell.jpg

If you start looking like Lance Armstrong....we need to talk. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter