Shaping up for 2.0

experiment_627

DIS Veteran
I have seen comments from others about wanting to lose weight before the next Podcast cruise, and I am right there with you. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a thread to give each other support, encouragement, and whatever we need.

I thought it might help me to have some more accountability here.

Thoughts?

I think it would be a great idea. I know the Muddy Buddy training thread helped me stay on track and focus towards the end result.

That sounds like a great idea to me. Being fit for the second cruise would definitely be a good motivator.

YES! I am there!

I have a weight loss goal.

The cruise in 18 months is the reward / incentive.

I am going to get a notebook.
On the cover will be podcast cruise logo from here
https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/podcast-cruise-pricing.cfm
A photo I found of the travel agents, including all the podcast crew, on Castaway Cay.

Inside, I will write my goal.
Write down everything I eat. They say that alone causes people to lose weight.
Write my fitness activities.
This notebook will keep me accountable.

Any other encouragement is appreciated!

:yay: jumping jacks :yay:

I've been in Weight Watchers for 6 months, and I have lost weight. I still have a while before I reach my goal. I should hope by the time we cruise, I'll have already become a Lifetime member.

I need my butt to get out and exercising, so this sounds great to me!

I've got to take off 20 lbs and tone up. That would make me happy.

:scratchin Try the W.I.S.H. boards they are starting a (Biggest Loser) BL summer challenge. You can particpate as little as sending your weight once a week or you can also participate in the challenge-of-the-week. Your actual weight is not posted just your +/- for the week.

Good people are over on those boards as well. I realize the idea is cruise related and people want to hang here but ... its a chance to meet some new peeps and tell them about the Podcast side as well.

Bill

I think that would be a good idea, I need some motivation, big time.

You and me both, sister! :cheer2:

YES! I am there!

I have a weight loss goal.

The cruise in 18 months is the reward / incentive.

I am going to get a notebook.
On the cover will be podcast cruise logo from here
https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/podcast-cruise-pricing.cfm
A photo I found of the travel agents, including all the podcast crew, on Castaway Cay.

Inside, I will write my goal.
Write down everything I eat. They say that alone causes people to lose weight.
Write my fitness activities.
This notebook will keep me accountable.

Any other encouragement is appreciated!

:yay: jumping jacks :yay:

Sounds like a great plan! :thumbsup2 I love the idea of putting the cruise logo on your journal. That rocks.

I think it would be a great idea. I know the Muddy Buddy training thread helped me stay on track and focus towards the end result.

You guys gave me the idea, so thanks. :thumbsup2

That sounds like a great idea to me. Being fit for the second cruise would definitely be a good motivator.

I need all the motivation I can get.

I've been in Weight Watchers for 6 months, and I have lost weight. I still have a while before I reach my goal. I should hope by the time we cruise, I'll have already become a Lifetime member.

WTG!! I'd imagine I'll go back to WW too. I lost 80 lbs on it about 4 years ago. I have maintained 50 lbs of it, but still have a long way to go. :sad2: I think it is a great program!

I need my butt to get out and exercising, so this sounds great to me!

I've got to take off 20 lbs and tone up. That would make me happy.

Exercise is so key for me, so why is it so hard to make myself do it??

:scratchin Try the W.I.S.H. boards the starting a BL summer challenge. You can particpate as little as sending your weight once a week or you can also participate in the challenge-of-the-week. Your actual weight is not posted just your +/- for the week.

Good people are over on those boards as well. I realize the idea is cruise related and people want to hang here but ... its a chance to meet some new peeps and tell them about the Podcast side as well.

Bill

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought of that actually. I just have a hard enough time keeping up with this board and since it is somewhat on topic with the cruise as our timeline, I think it would be easier for me to stay here. How does everyone that has chimed in so far feel?

I'd love be part of this. I've been stuck trying to lose my last 10 lbs for a year.

I have a feeling that I don't have to respond here. I'm betting I'm participating by default....:lovestruc

That's ok though, I'd like to lose about 50 before our December trip to WDW, and then maintain at least that till the cruise.

Cut off your head. 10 pounds of ugly fat gone. Just like that. :thumbsup2

Shouldn't you be protecting our country or something? Get back to work Sargent!

....going to find incriminating photos of the "meat head"

I would also love to be part of this. My wife and I are trying but not succeeding in training for a 5K and then we have hopes of the WDW 1/2 Marathon in 2011 so we would also look a little better for the podcast cruse.

T

I would also love to be part of this. My wife and I are trying but not succeeding in training for a 5K and then we have hopes of the WDW 1/2 Marathon in 2011 so we would also look a little better for the podcast cruse.

T

Illi -

The best training program I found for training for your first 5k is Couch to 5k. Here is the link:
http://www.c25k.com/

It's gotten very positive results on the WISH board and has me running now where 6 weeks ago, nothing...

I see your countdown has you at Flower and Garden tomorrow.. Have a wonderful time

I certainly could use the help; especially after Podcast Cruise 1.0. Although I think I'm back on track as far as my eating habits go it wouldn't hurt to keep a watchful eye on what I'm doing each day.

One thing that really helps me is weighing myself each morning. If I've gained a pound or two from the previous day I know I have to watch what I eat the current day. If I've lost I can have an extra piece of pizza or cake. It's really a good weight management technique.

I certainly could use the help; especially after Podcast Cruise 1.0. Although I think I'm back on track as far as my eating habits go it wouldn't hurt to keep a watchful eye on what I'm doing each day.

One thing that really helps me is weighing myself each morning. If I've gained a pound or two from the previous day I know I have to watch what I eat the current day. If I've lost I can have an extra piece of pizza or cake. It's really a good weight management technique.

I do the same thing, sometimes it helps sometimes it hurts ;) I would like to get below 190 and stay there, but I seemed to have settled in at my current weight.

Yay! I am so glad I am not alone! :banana:

Do we just want to keep this thread going, start a new one each week, or what? Can you tell I am indecisive? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter