Shaping up for 2.0

Dr appt isn't until next month. Hard to lose with mobility issues, and rest of family not serious about losing. Think I've lost a few tho - fit into 16 instead of 18.:banana:

How are you with your goals? Have you hit a rough patch or plateau? Are you cruising along?

I am trying to work past the plateau I landed on when I hurt my knee last winter. Trying to monitor what I am eating and I've added water aerobics twice a week to my walking routine. I have also am attending a class called "Weigh 2 go" at work offered though our wellness program. It offers accountability and nutrition/exercise advise.

Dr appt isn't until next month. Hard to lose with mobility issues, and rest of family not serious about losing. Think I've lost a few tho - fit into 16 instead of 18.:banana:

I have a lack of support on the homefront as well. DP only wants to eat fast food and otherwise unhealthy choices and refuses to exercise. He thinks he will keep his 28" waist line forever.

He was actually my main motivation last night. We had a 'discussion' at which point he told me that there was no way I could finish next weekend and I was either going to wind up in the hospital or wishing I was. I think I went the distance last night purely to spite him.

I have a lack of support on the homefront as well. DP only wants to eat fast food and otherwise unhealthy choices and refuses to exercise. He thinks he will keep his 28" waist line forever.

He was actually my main motivation last night. We had a 'discussion' at which point he told me that there was no way I could finish next weekend and I was either going to wind up in the hospital or wishing I was. I think I went the distance last night purely to spite him.

Sometimes negative words can be the best motivation...I've found that to be true in my case, when someone tells me that I "am not capable" of doing something....makes me more determined.

Way to go Todd !!!

I've only lost 4 pounds since the beginning of summer. I'm really disappointed but I keep trying. My daughter, has gained 20 pounds this summer and she is beside herself....we are thinking about joining the local Rec-Center and working out together.....DGD has the Wii fit, so might give that a try also.

Oh, no! Todd unearthed the "shaping up" thread!

I am not doing so well.
I am ejoying life and work! :goodvibes
I walk, ride bike, do weights at gym, have fun at water aerobics, play with my mini Wii me.
And I enjoy eating yummy food! :rolleyes:Oops!

Todd, be sure to go relflective when you are out at night. Good luck being the good example at home and for us.

Tracey, you have been so consitant with your walking! I wish I had a "Weigh 2 go" class. Maybe in-person group motivation would work for me.

Prof (can't remember your name), you are doing well if your clothes are fitting better.

:tiptoe:
I knew this thread was going to come back to haunt me :scared1:

I have been a bad bad bad bad girl....:guilty: I think I have gained more than I originally intended to lose before the cruise :guilty::scared:

But now that the thread has been resurrected ( thanks Todd :lovestruc )
I will also resurrect ME

"Today is the first day of the rest of my life & I can do whatever I put my mind to" ;)

Ugg...I just got a call from my doctor, and it seems that I have gall stones...just what I needed to hear.....there might be hope afterall of losing a few pounds....she told me to cut out high fat foods...so I went on line to see what I could and could not have....EVERYTHING I like is on the avoid list...including coffee.....:scared1:

Ugg...I just got a call from my doctor, and it seems that I have gall stones...just what I needed to hear.....there might be hope afterall of losing a few pounds....she told me to cut out high fat foods...so I went on line to see what I could and could not have....EVERYTHING I like is on the avoid list...including coffee.....:scared1:

Yuppers. Even if you have them out, you get to be on a 'suggested restricted diet'. Or suffer the occasional consequences. I choose to enjoy life and suffer, in moderation.

I have ran into that with the Doctor telling me to lower my Carb intake. Everything I eat contains lots of carbs even the stuff that suppose to be good for you.

Watching Biggest Loser, walking on the treadmill and listening to some heart pumping music.
I don't ever want to get to where those people are.
I WILL wear that " little black dress" to Palo

Watching Biggest Loser, walking on the treadmill and listening to some heart pumping music.
I don't ever want to get to where those people are.
I WILL wear that " little black dress" to Palo

I hear you on that one! I am down 23lbs as of this morning. I am about 1/3 of the way to my goal.

While it may not be a "little" black dress it will at least be "significantly smaller" black dress!

I hear you on that one! I am down 23lbs as of this morning. I am about 1/3 of the way to my goal.

While it may not be a "little" black dress it will at least be "significantly smaller" black dress!

Great news :banana: and I agree with the symantics of the "little" black dress ;)

I'm not trying to fit in a black dress ;), but I was doing good up until a couple of weeks ago. I have been lazy lately and not gotten my butt out of bed to go run. The colder weather doesn't help as I wanna stay under the warm covers. :) Anyway, tomorrow is a new day and I will make it out to run! :thumbsup2

- Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter