Sept/Oct Code watch

madge said:
The reality is, October isn't as quiet as it used to be. Period. Is it as busy as the holidays (Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving, July 4th)? No. But it is busier than some of the guidebooks claim. And crowds are all relative. What I consider crowded another person might consider a ghost town. LOL!

I've been to WDW several times in the months of July and August. If the October crowds are any less than the crowds at those times of the year, I will be okay with that.

The link for passholders on the Disney site says "undefined". That is just too weird.

Last night i couldnt even get into the site at around 11:30. I'm thinking maybe they are loading in new rates???? Here's hoping!
Sherrie

Nope...it's up and running again and there's nothing new.
Maybe they were finally fixing it. It never seems to work!!

tammyandtommy said:
geez louise! I finally booked POR for my last two nights with AAA, I just cant wait anymore

I couldn't even get a AAA rate at Wilderness Lodge!

I did get AAA rates at BWI and POR though.

I've been in October twice before. The crowds weren't that bad. One of thoe trips was even for the official openings of Mission Space and Mickey's Filharmagic. That was during a special in '03, Pay for 4 Stay for 7. Magic Kingdom was the only park we had a few problems in then. No...wait...i was attacked by a few strollers in Animal Kingdom.

I'm going again this October. Mostly because the weather is better. That and most parents won't take the kids out of school that early in the year.

11 weeks and counting. Hoping for a code but, if one doesn't come out it might lower the crowds a little. That means more time in the Mad Tea Party :donald:

famsen said:
I've been to WDW several times in the months of July and August. If the October crowds are any less than the crowds at those times of the year, I will be okay with that.

it's definitely quieter than July... at least in our experience. I don't know about August, we've not been then.

Hey all,

I haven't been on the DIS in a long time, but we are planning a surprise trip to the World Sept 28- Oct 2. Staying at ASMu with MYW+Dining. I have been looking through this very long thread for codes that would apply to our trip and have just gotten more and more confused.

Can someone please tell me what the codes are that are applicable to our trip. I think I saw something about a room only code and another about free dining with the MYW plan.

Also, can someone tell me what I need to tell the ressie person when I call them back?

Thanks guys

Todd

ToddBreakey said:
Hey all,

I haven't been on the DIS in a long time, but we are planning a surprise trip to the World Sept 28- Oct 2. Staying at ASMu with MYW+Dining. I have been looking through this very long thread for codes that would apply to our trip and have just gotten more and more confused.

Can someone please tell me what the codes are that are applicable to our trip. I think I saw something about a room only code and another about free dining with the MYW plan.

Also, can someone tell me what I need to tell the ressie person when I call them back?

Thanks guys

Todd

Free Dining went through 9/30, but you had to book it almost a month ago, so you can't get that anymore.

Until 8/18 you canget the room only code for your stay. Go here for more info:

Mousesavers
Room-Only Discount Codes

Travel dates: 8/19/06-9/30/06 (may be blocked out at some resorts over Labor Day Weekend). Use code BPN. Discounts are a flat amount off rack rates, per night:

Value Resorts (All-Stars and Pop Century) - $15 off in Value Season; $20 off in Regular Season
Moderate Resorts - $40 off in Value Season; $45 off in Regular Season
Deluxe and DVC Resorts - $70 off in Value Season
Book by 8/18/06.

Similar room discounts can be applied to Magic Your Way vacation packages for the same dates, if you prefer a package and/or want to add the dining plan. Click here to get the code and further information for packages.

Thanks to Small World Vacations for info.

To reserve a room with a room-only discount code, call the Disney Reservations Center at (407) W-DISNEY or contact a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel, and request the specific code.

Be aware that discounted rooms are limited in number and will not be available for all dates at all resorts. You may have to be flexible with your selections. If you can't get your first choice on the first try, call back periodically and check on availability. Frequently discounted rooms will open up as people change and cancel their reservations over time.

Discount codes must be thought of as a "clearance sale" -- if you want the discount, you have to be willing to take what's left over! It's important to be flexible with both dates and hotels, and to be persistent in calling back periodically to see if anything has opened up.

Think the reason the web site was backed up was the raising of tix prices today:bitelip: I hurriedly ordered last night from undercover tourist to beat the increase...didn't expect it until Jan.

Hope it's not too crowded the week of Columbus Day. www.TouringPlans.com sez the crowds are as follows (based on 1 being the lowest to 10 the highest/most people):

10/5 #5 Thurs.
10/6 #7 Fri
10/7 #5 Sat
10/8 #6 Sun
10/9 #5 Mon
10/10 #5 Tues
10/11 #5 Wed
10/12 #6 Thurs
10/13 #7 Fri
10/14 #5 Sat
10/15 #7 Sun

They're usually on the money IMO.

Yeah i needed a one day ticket to fill in a nday and i tried to order from Disney lst night, and they kept denying me saying that the shipping option you selected is unavailable. How convienient!!!

keishashadow said:
Think the reason the web site was backed up was the raising of tix prices today:bitelip: I hurriedly ordered last night from undercover tourist to beat the increase...didn't expect it until Jan.

Hope it's not too crowded the week of Columbus Day. www.TouringPlans.com sez the crowds are as follows (based on 1 being the lowest to 10 the highest/most people):

10/5 #5 Thurs.
10/6 #7 Fri
10/7 #5 Sat
10/8 #6 Sun
10/9 #5 Mon
10/10 #5 Tues
10/11 #5 Wed
10/12 #6 Thurs
10/13 #7 Fri
10/14 #5 Sat
10/15 #7 Sun

They're usually on the money IMO.

those look about the same from last year, too... If I'm remembering correctly. LOL

Does that 7 on the last Sunday (10/15) trend mean the following week is going to be busy too?

KrisTX said:
Does that 7 on the last Sunday (10/15) trend mean the following week is going to be busy too?

I was wondering that too as we arrive on Friday 13th (unlucky for some!!!!) for 14 nights at the Wilderness Lodge( :banana: :cool1: :yay: :cheer2: :rotfl2: ).

KrisTX said:

IIRC, the following week is the Funai Classic (Golf Tournament) and that makes the resorts, not necessarily the parks, busy.

7 isn't awful, as far as crowds go.... not nearly as bad as a 9, LOL

madge said:
IIRC, the following week is the Funai Classic (Golf Tournament) and that makes the resorts, not necessarily the parks, busy.

7 isn't awful, as far as crowds go.... not nearly as bad as a 9, LOL

I've been to the World the week before, during, and after and the crowds are not affected at all by the golf tournament. The crowd gallaries are minimal. In fact, Disney is begging people to go watch. $20 addmission price to for the day tells you something.

I'm just weighing in, impatiently waiting for codes to pop up. I know we may not see them until the other code good through September expires, but I am adding extra pixie dust pixiedust: to this thread in hopes of something good. I could REALLY use a discount for my October trip. If a discount comes out, we are adding an extra night to our Poly stay.

KrisTX said:
don't think so...if you click on the link I posted - Crowd Calendar, they show it dropping to mostly 4's that week.

It was listed as 7 & 8's last week of June & it was really busy, esp. pm EMH.

We've gone when they've predicted 5's & it was wonderful.

IMO, the numbers are on the mark but, FP & am EMH make all the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter