Sept/Oct Code watch

Erica said:
Well, our trip was planned for 5 nights starting on October 1st. I was quoted on the website approximately 1500$, rack at the AKL, our first choice. I looked at the history on mousesavers and got worried. There was not a room only or package code last October! I thought, "ok, lets say if we can leave earlier what the rate would be..."

We are now leaving on September 28th for 7 nights and the rate is only 950$!!!!!!!!!! This is our first trip to WDW together, his first, I have been down a few times. This will be my longest stay there.

Um...yeah..I am excited!!!!

-Erica

Wow by changing you dates by three days you not only saved $550 you gained two extra days. Good move!

I have a room-only reservation for Oct20-30th. Waiting for some sort of code.......do general public codes usually apply to packages and room-only??? Or one or the other?

I ask because last year the code for Oct came out the very end of Sept, I think. We had a package and we had already paid in full and got a credit. This was for both packages and room-only.

This year since I want to buy my tickets thru Ticketmania, how long should I wait??? If a code comes out that late again, if it's only for packages, I'll already have my tickets if I buy them now.

Sorry so long winded but do you understand what I'm asking?? Should I buy tickets now or wait a little while longer??? In case a package only code comes out?

Last year the codes came out late yes but that was the same year that DIsney tried the best rate program. The prior 2 years discounts were released in late August. Im thinking that since the best rate program is no more, we will go back to those old dates.So i would wait before buying tickets.

Pocohantasfan said:
Okay, so I am (im)patiently waiting until the end of August. I have to pay the trip off by August 30th. Can I call in the new codes afterI've paid for the trip?

Yes, you can change to the code rate after you've paid in full.

Not to rain on anyone's parade but...

WDW did skip codes entirely for most of June, even though they've offered them in the past.:(

Don't think you can necessarily "count" on using past rate trends as a given.

that said, I'd love to see AP code for Columbus Day week.:banana:

Confused though how folks are reporting the AP rates they are obtaining are only $5 or $10 less a night than AAA...I thought they used to be quite a bit more generous.:confused3

As for the tix question, don't most of the agencies deliver to hotels in the area? Is it really worth the disc. buying from a wholesaler? Doesn't WDW offer a disc. on certain tix bought on website?

keishashadow said:
...Confused though how folks are reporting the AP rates they are obtaining are only $5 or $10 less a night than AAA...I thought they used to be quite a bit more generous.:confused3 ...

In the recent past, AP discounts were only $5-10 less than the general public codes hen they were for the same time period.

WDW has gone to giving flat dollar discounts, not percentage discounts. (e.g. $90 discount for deluxes) . In the good old days, the AP disount was 40%. So, a regular view at the AKL woud get similar discount($90) but a concierge room at the GF would end up getting over $200 discount.

Ed

betterlatethannever said:
In the recent past, AP discounts were only $5-10 less than the general public codes hen they were for the same time period.

WDW has gone to giving flat dollar discounts, not percentage discounts. (e.g. $90 discount for deluxes) . In the good old days, the AP disount was 40%. So, a regular view at the AKL woud get similar discount($90) but a concierge room at the GF would end up getting over $200 discount.

Ed
Guess that :boat: has sailed LOL.

keishashadow said:
WDW did skip codes entirely for most of June, even though they've offered them in the past.:(

Don't think you can necessarily "count" on using past rate trends as a given.

Yes they did. Mickey has a lot more of my money from our June trip ;)
But, we had a GREAT time :cheer2:

EEyorelover22 said:
Yes they did. Mickey has a lot more of my money from our June trip ;)
But, we had a GREAT time :cheer2:
We had one of our best trips ever:banana: , somehow when we're there, I don't care how much money I'm spending...until I get the CC statement the next month.

I did think it was a lot more crowded than it was when we went the same time in '03...what do you think?

I think its bad when Tom says all our uncles get money....
Uncle Sam
Uncle Bill
and
Uncle Walt! LOL

Walt has alot of our money

keishashadow said:
As for the tix question, don't most of the agencies deliver to hotels in the area? Is it really worth the disc. buying from a wholesaler? Doesn't WDW offer a disc. on certain tix bought on website?

From what i've been involved in Disney will discount some preordered tickets. Like Mickey's Not-so-scary Halloween Party. Usually like $5 a ticket. Not sure about the food and wine fest or the new princess and pirate parties.

keishashadow said:
We had one of our best trips ever:banana: , somehow when we're there, I don't care how much money I'm spending...until I get the CC statement the next month.

I did think it was a lot more crowded than it was when we went the same time in '03...what do you think?

I had it all paid off so it didn't really matter when we returned home :goodvibes I just knew Mickey was wearing new clothes due to me ;) We did have an awesome time!! It was wonderful that's for sure.

I can't compare the crowds accurately. We have gone in 04, 04, 05 and 06 all in June, but the 06 trip was at the end of June rather than starting around the 9th. We were arriving when we normally were getting home or pretty close to it. Magic Kingdom was WILD on July 3rd with the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks. It took us 15 minutes to make our way from the Castle to the flagpole at the front of the part after Spectro. It was crazy. That's the only day I thought was more crowded than ever before. A couple CMs said it had been a slow summer so far. Two big wigs I chatted with on the 3rd in MK and also a friend of mine that works in MK. Perhaps the rooms were mostly filled with conventions in June and that's why no discounts. I know there was a huge teacher's convention at AKL when we were there. I need some of that action!!

EEyorelover22 said:
I had it all paid off so it didn't really matter when we returned home :goodvibes I just knew Mickey was wearing new clothes due to me ;) We did have an awesome time!! It was wonderful that's for sure.

I can't compare the crowds accurately. We have gone in 04, 04, 05 and 06 all in June, but the 06 trip was at the end of June rather than starting around the 9th. We were arriving when we normally were getting home or pretty close to it. Magic Kingdom was WILD on July 3rd with the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks. It took us 15 minutes to make our way from the Castle to the flagpole at the front of the part after Spectro. It was crazy. That's the only day I thought was more crowded than ever before. A couple CMs said it had been a slow summer so far. Two big wigs I chatted with on the 3rd in MK and also a friend of mine that works in MK. Perhaps the rooms were mostly filled with conventions in June and that's why no discounts. I know there was a huge teacher's convention at AKL when we were there. I need some of that action!!
Wow, if the end of June was slow I'd hate to see busy!
There was a week of Dental Hygentists @ CR, then the next week the Dentists rolled in...
We've always wanted to be @ WDW for the 4th of July but, I'm told it's cheek to check.;)

The first day we were there at MGM, the streets were empty and I mean empty till nearly 11:00. It was weird. I guess they were all down by RnR and ToT and we skipped those on our first day. All the times we've stayed at AKL in June the resort is always 100% booked.

The 3rd of July was wild! I can't imagine what the 4th was like at MK. I don't think the park closed though either. Not 100% sure on that though.

I'm all for saving money but am confused as to how this all works? Is there somewhere you go to to find coupons or discount codes?

What % discount do you normally get?

ok slap me i can't remember; which months do they do the disney dining free .. some folks on my mail route are asking cuz they're going to go in 07 with their dd (4yo) thanks kathye

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter