Same restaurants every trip???

Well I read this forum so my to-try list is always growing! The only restaurant we HAVE to do every trip is Raglan Road. It's so much fun and the food is wonderful every time. Sanaa is normally on our list but we are skipping it for our next trip. Just not enough time! We will be back for our birthday trip in the summer though. There are just so many different restaurants to try! Eating is always a big part of our trips, Disney and otherwise. We love trying new places and finding the hidden gems.

A bit of both. The only restaurant tradition we have is Boma dinner, usually on a non-park day, so we do repeat that one. We don't usually make ADRs on park days and do aim to try new places if we can. My wife and I have been down at least once a year before 2016 and each trip we have tried at least one new place.

I'm fighting the same mental battle this year. We have gone every year for 15+ years and always hit the same places, though we did add Via Napoli and Be Our Guest to our list when they first opened. This year I am going down with my daughter and her friend (my son and wife staying home) and would like to mix in a couple of new places, but worried that I will miss the old places since they have been such a part of the fabric of our trips and memories there. Our constants have always been Cape May (we always stay at the Beach Club), Via Napoli, 1900 Park Fare (my wife and I have been going there since our Honeymoon) Yachtsman Steakhouse, Chef Mickey's (for sentimental reasons, certainly not the food!!) and the last few years Be Our Guest. This year I am Rolling the dice and replacing the Park Fare with Ohana and Chef Mickey's with Crystal Palace. I guess if you never try someplace new you never know what you might love, but still a bit unsettling rolling the dice. That being said if this is the biggest problem I come across than who am I to complain!!

Jay

Some are tradition and we do go every year, however we always try to add something new to the mix. This year we added Skippers Canteen and gave up 1900 Park Faire.

We do a bit of both. We have been enough times to know what we like and what we don't, but we haven't tried everything so we try to throw something new into the mix. We love Sanaa and will go there every trip if possible. BOG breakfast is a new one for us this trip.

My 14 almost 15 year old son is pretty picky eater so we usually go the same places. We are trying a couple new places this next time that he mention he wanted to try after looking at menus. But usuallly we stick with the same places as Ohana, Plaza Resturant and Chef Mickeys.
If it was me and my husband only we could usually go to anywhere we want to eat.

I was just having this conversation with my husband the other day! It's so hard to try new places because we have a lot of favorites that we'd like to visit. I like the idea of trying at least 2 new places each trip. We love Via Napoli and Kona Cafe for breakfast. We haven't done Le Cellier in years and my husband has been asking to go back so we'll do that again. We also love Crystal Palace breakfast. I want to try a new restaurant in Disney Springs, but other than that I'm not sure where we'll go yet. I have to figure out other things first, like will we park hop and what park on what day!

Do you eat at the same restaurants on every Walt Disney World trip, or do you try new ones each time????

It seems like when we go we always end up at the same restaurants because we know we like them and since we dont get to go too often we miss those restaurants between visits. At the same time though I dont want miss out on better restaurants!!

So what do you do? What are your must do disney restaurants every trip?

I actually stopped doing this and it's been the best thing ever. So many new places, so many old hated places now serving better meals.. Make new memories to add to your old ones..

We always do our favorites when we go. Must dos are CRT, BOG, Plaza, Sci Fi, Prime Time, Le Celier, Le Chefs, Yak and Yeti. In addition to those, we always try some new restaurants. Always looking for a new favorite. Happy hunting.

WE HAVE OUR 2 MUST DO,O'HANA & 50'S PRIME TIME, WE WENT TO WHILE MY HUSBAND WAS ALIVE. THIS IS MY FIRST VISIT SINCE HIS PASSING AND I WILL BE GOING TO A FEW OLD ONES AND TRYING 1 NEW ONE.

the package is with tony's lunch for the festival of fantasy parade, yes

the VIP viewing is ONLY for that package

they have (or had, not sure if it's still going on) some riverboat viewing with ice cream but you cannot see the parade from there, it is very far away... so if you want to see the parade I don't recommend it.

msep = main street electrical parade. the tony's package was for vip viewing of that parade at first. then they stopped showing MSEP and made the package to be with the daytime parade instead (festival of fantasy). There is no more FP+ viewing. You need to plan to be there earlier than you are planning if it is a priority.

I get it now!! Thanks for explaining! I booked the Tony's lunch package. Thank you very much for the information.

We have 9 nights of dinners this year (well 8, one day is a breakfast) and only one is a repeat! Excited for all the new places...

I get it now!! Thanks for explaining! I booked the Tony's lunch package. Thank you very much for the information.
glad to help! I would have hated for you to miss out on the parade or have plans you can't make because of old information!

I like to try mostly new ones every trip, but I always make time for some favorites! We go pretty often though- usually at least once a year on some type of Disney trip, whether it be a cruise or DLR or WDW, so I don't have to worry about not being back to go to old favorites. If we didn't go as often, I'd probably stick to my favorites.

We have repeat restaurants, but we always go to new restaurants every trip to try something new. The only place we've been to on all three trips is Pizza Planet & now it's gone. We'll probably try PizzaRizzo when we go back in 2018.

Do you eat at the same restaurants on every Walt Disney World trip, or do you try new ones each time????

It seems like when we go we always end up at the same restaurants because we know we like them and since we dont get to go too often we miss those restaurants between visits. At the same time though I dont want miss out on better restaurants!!

So what do you do? What are your must do disney restaurants every trip?

We have a few favorites that are must do's every trip, but we also like trying new ones. Since we do a TS every night, we have plenty of time to do our favorites as well as try new ones. We also fit in 1 or 2 breakfasts.

I like to try new things...but I also like to go back to my old faves like via napoli. That's a must do each trip! i'd say my ADRs are usually about 40% new and 60% old. Or sometimes 50/50. All depends.

Since we Graze Around the World for a lot of our grub on our Food&Wine trips and we have a kitchenette at Board Walk we only do 2 TS meals in a 10 day trip. The Sat we arrive it's Raglan Road, Cape May sometime mid week.

Bill From PA

We stay at the Beach Club Villas, so Captain's Grill is usually always on our list. So convenient and the food is really good. For nostalgia our trips usually include the Rose and Crown and I typically always stick to the same CS's that I know are good and won't leave me grossed out/disappointed. We do try and add a new restaurant every year. Homecoming made the list this year. I can't wait to try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually we have so many "regulars" that we can't always get to all of them every trip. Our "must-dos" depend on where we're staying-at BCV, that's Beaches and Cream, the French Bakery, and Tangerine Cafe. On our last trip staying there, we tried and really liked Nine Dragons, so I expect that will become a regular. And staying there, we keep meaning to try [can't remember the name-it's over where Spoodles used to be, mostly Italian].

Just depends for us really. We were on the DDP in November, so ate at all of our normal sit-down restaurants plus 1-2 new ones like the Yachtsman. But when we go in February, we're not on the DDP. So we may eat 1 TS place and the others will be CS. Right now, I'm trying to find something on Feb. 14 but not having any luck (just started looking a few minutes ago because just booked this trip yesterday).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter