Same restaurants every trip???

We've been once and are going back soon. The first time we had breakfast at akershus and dinners at biergarten, CRT, and whispering canyon. We had more planned but really liked roaring forks at WL and were happy with that. Plus it was easier when we just wanted to relax.

This trip, the only thing the same this time is akershus breakfast, which we loved, so it gets repeating. We will try kona cafe for breakfast and dinner, and saana for dinner.

I have a beaches and cream lunch I'm not sure I'll keep, and the Florida kitchen Art chef place for dinner at Disney springs that I may cancel depending on our energy level after the first few days. Everything else will be cs.

We were pretty much repeat fanatics (Yachtsman, Raglan, WCC, CG, every trip and then some). Seemed like over the past 20 years, there weren't a lot of new options springing up. but with DS starting up a fancy new restaurant every other month, we had several different ressies on our Sept trip as well as the one coming up in May.

Sorry, pot roast is gone. There is a kid's pot roast - I haven't heard if people have had luck trying to order an adults portion of it or not.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/liberty-tree-tavern/menus/

You just made my day!!! Im sure Ill miss not going during future trips, but for this upcoming trip I was only going because my husband really wanted too. We dont have time or stomach space for it! So excited to cancel :) Yay.....now I can up my Mickey waffle allowance at our CP breakfast !!! This is the best news :)

We regularly go to Boma, Trails End and Columbia Harbour House. Everything else is flexible.

We have our regulars that we try and do every year, but we also mix in new ones. I think Tusker House and BOG are the only ones we have repeated on our 3 trips to WDW.

I like to go to Kona Café, Tusker House, Sci Fi Dine In, Whispering Canyon, Skipper Canteen, and The Wave on every trip.

Most trips also include Captain's Grille and Boma.

There are other places that I'll do on some trips but not every time.

Each trip, I like to include at least one restaurant that is new to me, and sometimes more. Next trip these include Sanaa, Ravello, and Nomad Lounge.

I havent done LTT lunch in a while. Im literally squeezing it in this upcoming trip. We have a 8:40 breakfast at CP and HAVE to be at 3:00pm parade (my nieces are dancing and it is the entire reason for this trip!). Im getting FP+ for viewing, so I think Ill be OK getting to the viewing spot by 2:45 (parade doesnt reach that area until 3:20). So I booked LTT for lunch at 1:20. Im already telling myself to limit my CP breakfast to 1 Mickey waffle and maybe something small to hold me over til lunch, but if the food is different at LTT I would be more than thrilled and cancel the whole thing. My hubby really wants the pot roast lunch.

Please tell me its the turkey dinner all day long! I dont like it and can cancel :)
the FP+ are gone for parade viewing... they no longer offer them and it is a Tony's package for that viewing location. Unless you are talking about other FP+ you get for being related to someone in the parade.

We stay at the Beach Club Villas, so Captain's Grill is usually always on our list. So convenient and the food is really good. For nostalgia our trips usually include the Rose and Crown and I typically always stick to the same CS's that I know are good and won't leave me grossed out/disappointed. We do try and add a new restaurant every year. Homecoming made the list this year. I can't wait to try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like to go to Kona Café, Tusker House, Sci Fi Dine In, Whispering Canyon, Skipper Canteen, and The Wave on every trip.

Most trips also include Captain's Grille and Boma.

There are other places that I'll do on some trips but not every time.

Each trip, I like to include at least one restaurant that is new to me, and sometimes more. Next trip these include Sanaa, Ravello, and Nomad Lounge.

I am doing WCC this year. I did it years ago, but don't remember it much. Being I am not on the plan this time, I just want to make sure the food is worth the money. Is WCC strict on not sharing any of the skillet? Also, is a dessert included with it?

Ohana is a must for us every time, we are trying two new ones this time and hoping they are good..

I am doing WCC this year. I did it years ago, but don't remember it much. Being I am not on the plan this time, I just want to make sure the food is worth the money. Is WCC strict on not sharing any of the skillet? Also, is a dessert included with it?

Can't say on the sharing as we are usually DDP and all have the skillet. Dessert is a la carte though and you pay.

the FP+ are gone for parade viewing... they no longer offer them and it is a Tony's package for that viewing location. Unless you are talking about other FP+ you get for being related to someone in the parade.

No, Im pretty certain they dont give privileges to people relative to parade dancers! I saw online that FP+ was available for the 3pm parade viewing. I hope Im right becuase I just told a lot of people!

https://www.worldofwalt.com/fastpass-for-shows-disney-world.html

The above article was from last August. I saw several more articles online too. Did they stop the FP viewing? The Disney site wont let me see my options until Im ready to book, and its currently early (Im sure its me doing something wrong on the site, but that is what its tell me)

Mixed bag for us. We want to try new things, yet there are a few that we have been to more than once. This past trip (Dec 2016) was almost all new restaurants and we had amazing food!

I have found that it is important to try something at least once for yourself (instead of solely relying on reviews). We ate at Nine Dragons, The Wave, and Yak & Yeti on this past trip - all restaurants that we have avoided in the past because of things we had read. And they were all DELISH.

No, Im pretty certain they dont give privileges to people relative to parade dancers! I saw online that FP+ was available for the 3pm parade viewing. I hope Im right becuase I just told a lot of people!

https://www.worldofwalt.com/fastpass-for-shows-disney-world.html

The above article was from last August. I saw several more articles online too. Did they stop the FP viewing? The Disney site wont let me see my options until Im ready to book, and its currently early (Im sure its me doing something wrong on the site, but that is what its tell me)
i'm pretty sure when MSEP left they converted the FP+ viewing area to VIP viewing area for people who had booked the MSEP package... instead of MSEP they can watch the festival of fantasy parade. it was in october.

i'm pretty sure when MSEP left they converted the FP+ viewing area to VIP viewing area for people who had booked the MSEP package... instead of MSEP they can watch the festival of fantasy parade. it was in october.

Im assuming MSEP has something to do with the nighttime electric parade! Not sure what the rest means. Is the Festival of Fantasy the 3pm parade? Is this package the one with Tony's lunch or is there a VIP section just for viewing with an upcharge (and maybe ice cream :) )

Im assuming MSEP has something to do with the nighttime electric parade! Not sure what the rest means. Is the Festival of Fantasy the 3pm parade? Is this package the one with Tony's lunch or is there a VIP section just for viewing with an upcharge (and maybe ice cream :) )
the package is with tony's lunch for the festival of fantasy parade, yes

the VIP viewing is ONLY for that package

they have (or had, not sure if it's still going on) some riverboat viewing with ice cream but you cannot see the parade from there, it is very far away... so if you want to see the parade I don't recommend it.

msep = main street electrical parade. the tony's package was for vip viewing of that parade at first. then they stopped showing MSEP and made the package to be with the daytime parade instead (festival of fantasy). There is no more FP+ viewing. You need to plan to be there earlier than you are planning if it is a priority.

What do you mean by "are they strict on sharing the skillet"??

MG

We always do Tusker House and typically one of the castles, but this time we're trying quite a few new ones and I am excited!

Every time my wife and I visit, we vow to do something we've never done before. Often, that something new is a restaurant. On my most recent trip, I tried Frontera Cocina for the first time. The trip before that, it was the Skipper Canteen.

I think it's good to have a mix of old favorites and new experience. How else can you add a new favorite to the repertoire?

Its funny that you ask! Because we always pick most of the same restaurants, and toss 1 or 2 new ones in there. HOWEVER, we were just discussing that for this Sept trip, that we ONLY eat at restaurants that we havn't eaten at before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter