Rumor: More discounts on the way??

Im so embarrassed. I am known as the local disney expert and I told everyone I know to watch the parade because they were announcing a new deal for next year. :confused:

I guess that is what I get for perhaps being too much of a Disney know it all.

:rotfl2:

No, that couldn't be it.

To us yes it is old news but think of all the people that do not know about the DIS or have not seen the commercial yet.....it could be first time they hear about the birthday thing and the buy 4 get 3 free deal

But honestly tell me how many people who live way out of state would be benefited by the free admission on your birthday deal? I stated in another thread that that deal just doesn't even matter to me, because no way would it work out for me to plan a trip around my birthday just to go there and have free admission on one day...I would think it benefits FL and neighbor state residents more than others.

To us yes it is old news but think of all the people that do not know about the DIS or have not seen the commercial yet.....it could be first time they hear about the birthday thing and the buy 4 get 3 free deal

how could they miss the commercials?? they are on every 15 mins in Charleston....guess b/c we are w/in driving distance:confused3

Come on guys Disney is a business and buy 4 and get 3 free is something we all can be happy with! I bet if they gave free dining some of you would want more?? Lets be thankful with want we got and remember even with this discount most people still will never get to see the magic that Disney brings.

Merry Christmas and God Bless

:santa: :santa: :santa:

i agree 4/3 is a good deal...esp since i got it for spring break...but it is a long trip. would be nice to have a promo that we wouldn't have to ask off so many days at work for...not that i'm complaining about being in disney for 7 nights!!

But honestly tell me how many people who live way out of state would be benefited by the free admission on your birthday deal? I stated in another thread that that deal just doesn't even matter to me, because no way would it work out for me to plan a trip around my birthday just to go there and have free admission on one day...I would think it benefits FL and neighbor state residents more than others.

Even though we've got APs but we had planned a trip to take advantage of this deal. We've got 3 birthdays that fall within the same week so that was 2 children admissions and 1 adult admission that we'd be getting GC's for. That's souvenir money for the kids. We've also got DVC so the only thing we'd be paying for OOP would be flights and food.

So it would be a great deal for our family.

Even though we've got APs but we had planned a trip to take advantage of this deal. We've got 3 birthdays that fall within the same week so that was 2 children admissions and 1 adult admission that we'd be getting GC's for. That's souvenir money for the kids. We've also got DVC so the only thing we'd be paying for OOP would be flights and food.

Wouldn't that fall in the minority though? 3 family members on the same trip with free admission? I am a single mom and have one child. It makes no sense for me to take advantage of this deal for one day out of the year. I also don't have DVC and neither do a lot of Disney goers. Just saying that this birthday promo really doesn't help those who live pretty far away, for the majority. It caters more to states bordering FL or people who live within a few hours or less.

It's not the best offer, in general. I think it plays well as a "Celebration" deal- it gets your attention, but not huge deal.
We wanted to plan a trip in 2009, waiting on free dining for Visa, but sometimes dates get hard for us to make, our schools start back up so early, and also, it's just so hot in August.... so we are looking at doing my grandson's birthday Oct 4th, since he has fall break at that time, and he would get a GC, which he would be excited about. Really isn't a savings in any way, but crossing my fingers for free dining to run into first week of Oct.
I saw that Disney Visa had a dining offer this last fall.
I would change dates for a better discount though, since a package discount, or free dining is much more valuable than a $60-$75 GC.

Wouldn't that fall in the minority though? 3 family members on the same trip with free admission? I am a single mom and have one child. It makes no sense for me to take advantage of this deal for one day out of the year. I also don't have DVC and neither do a lot of Disney goers. Just saying that this birthday promo really doesn't help those who live pretty far away, for the majority. It caters more to states bordering FL or people who live within a few hours or less.

ITA! We are going in May and even with 5 birthdays spaced throughout the year still could not take advantage. Birthdays are Jan, April, June, Aug & Nov. So we had a good chance but we just can't make those days work (Peak/holiday costs/crowds, work restrictions, heat related health issues, etc.). Which means for us free entry on your birthday is a joke.

Of people visiting each park each day how many can/will take advantage of this benefit - I'm betting less than 1%.

The only good news for procrastinators is they have extended the 4/3 booking window to Jan 24.

ITA! We are going in May and even with 5 birthdays spaced throughout the year still could not take advantage. Birthdays are Jan, April, June, Aug & Nov. So we had a good chance but we just can't make those days work (Peak/holiday costs/crowds, work restrictions, heat related health issues, etc.). Which means for us free entry on your birthday is a joke.

Of people visiting each park each day how many can/will take advantage of this benefit - I'm betting less than 1%.

The only good news for procrastinators is they have extended the 4/3 booking window to Jan 24.

You know, Disney doesn't really have to give anything away. I actually like the birthday celebration better than the Million Dreams promotion, even though we can't take advantage of it. Not everyone going during YOAMD got anything and many were disappointed. But everyone has a birthday, don't they? And you know you'll get something if you go on your birthday, and you won't if you don't. No anticipation, no disappointment.

For those of you who can go on your birthdays, congratulations and have fun. I'm not going on my birthday. I'll still have fun, and Disney doesn't owe me anything!

I too watched the parade and was watching for a great deal/promotion for the entire year. Let's face it Disney does not need our business and we were not there target. There tempting prices that we were use too were to appeal to families gathered together with the whole clan thinking that would be fun. I think Disney was hoping grandparents would see those little faces loving every minute of the parade and saying I can make that dream come true. Or grown children talking together about taking the parents that suffered to give them a wonderful life. What wonderful memories to be made and we all fell for it. Come on people Disney does not need to market us !! For us, our gift was the chance to win a DVC :santa:

:surfweb: :headache: We were kinda hoping that the 4/3 would be extended for July?!?, and that would be the announcement. Oh well, better luck next time!:sad1:

You know, Disney doesn't really have to give anything away. I actually like the birthday celebration better than the Million Dreams promotion, even though we can't take advantage of it. Not everyone going during YOAMD got anything and many were disappointed. But everyone has a birthday, don't they? And you know you'll get something if you go on your birthday, and you won't if you don't. No anticipation, no disappointment.

For those of you who can go on your birthdays, congratulations and have fun. I'm not going on my birthday. I'll still have fun, and Disney doesn't owe me anything!

I agree. I never said they had to give anything away. I was just saying that if they are going to, at least make it available to the masses not just one demographic. Not everyone got something for YOAD, but it was still available to everyone who went. It would make more sense, and be better for business to offer a promotion that would apply to everyone not just a few people on one day of the year. I personally would not have been disappointed if I had went during YOAD and not won something.

I've won twice in the YOMD giveaway - once a pin lanyard and once a dream fastpass (that's winning 2 of the 3 times we went when this promotion was going on). I can't possibly go on my birthday. I liked the old promotion better for this reason! I like the excitement of never knowing if you will win in the next line...oh well.

I agree. I never said they had to give anything away. I was just saying that if they are going to, at least make it available to the masses not just one demographic. Not everyone got something for YOAD, but it was still available to everyone who went. It would make more sense, and be better for business to offer a promotion that would apply to everyone not just a few people on one day of the year. I personally would not have been disappointed if I had went during YOAD and not won something.

I thought the same way and then it hit me-Disney is(and I don't know why I keep forgetting this part) a sly bunch of foxes. They put that promo (free b-day admission) fully knowing that most people will not be able to arrange it. And for those who do will they be alone? Will they stay for one day and go home? No-remember Disney pushes the whole "the longer you stay, the less you pay" thing. So in the long run they are giving a days ticket/gc and getting so much more for it in rooms, food, goodies, special ticket events. etc,etc.

I also wonder if they put a relatively cheap year long promo in effect being fully prepared to have to dig deep and give 4/3 promos and more? I wouldn't be surprised.

I am not saying this to bash Disney-not at all! I am just saying that what Disney does give-Disney makes back in spades.

I also loved YoMD! We won a few times-mostly experiences-but you cannot put a price on my DD face when she was picked to receive a dream. It far exceeded her birthday treatment-lol.

I thought the same way and then it hit me-Disney is(and I don't know why I keep forgetting this part) a sly bunch of foxes. They put that promo (free b-day admission) fully knowing that most people will not be able to arrange it. And for those who do will they be alone? Will they stay for one day and go home? No-remember Disney pushes the whole "the longer you stay, the less you pay" thing. So in the long run they are giving a days ticket/gc and getting so much more for it in rooms, food, goodies, special ticket events. etc,etc.

I also wonder if they put a relatively cheap year long promo in effect being fully prepared to have to dig deep and give 4/3 promos and more? I wouldn't be surprised.

I am not saying this to bash Disney-not at all! I am just saying that what Disney does give-Disney makes back in spades.

I also loved YoMD! We won a few times-mostly experiences-but you cannot put a price on my DD face when she was picked to receive a dream. It far exceeded her birthday treatment-lol.

You should have seen my son's face (9yr old) when he was the one who was picked when he won our castle night last july, he was as happy as I think a child could possibly be! Needless to say we had a wonderfull day!

You should have seen my son's face (9yr old) when he was the one who was picked when he won our castle night last july, he was as happy as I think a child could possibly be! Needless to say we had a wonderfull day!
No doubt it was great! But what about the looks of disappointment on the faces of all those children who saw others winning but didn't get anything themselves? That's the problem with a promotion that isn't for everyone.

Personally, I didn't like YOAMD because it was so random. Yes, some lucky guests got all day Fast Passes, or Castle Nights, or lanyards. But significantly MORE guests got nothing, other than being at WDW.:wave2: Which is great, but I know for certain, my kids were trying their best to be noticed, to be polite, to watch for the Dream Team everywhere they went - - and were never picked for anything. If you asked them, they'd tell you the Dream Team thing stunk.

I like how another person on this thread put it: at least a birthday celebration doesn't set you up for disappointment. If you come, you get it. If you don't, you don't. No anticipation of something you may not get. Especially for kids - this is much more manageable, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter