• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumor: More discounts on the way??

bunnysmum

Mouseketeer
The Unofficial Guide folks over at the touringplans website have posted this as rumor only, having heard it from two separate sources:

That new WDW discounts are going to be announced during the broadcast of the Christmas parade for travel Jan - March 2009.

Anyone care to speculate about what might be coming??

Has no one else read/heard this? There are often so many people "in the know" here, I thought maybe someone might have a little more info....or at least a wild guess...;)

OK I was thinking about this today- if a new code comes thru and I am in my 45 day window am I out of luck? I can not use the 4/3. I am hoping ofr a code so I subing to this thread. I have not heard of anything!

GPA1015,
You can still get the discount, but you may have to pay a change fee, or cancelation fee depending on circumstances. I believe if the savings are higher then the fees $50 change $100 cancelation (between 45 and 7 days?I think) it will be worth your while.
Donna

I hope if there is something, it works for check-in dates starting Jan. 2. We missed the 4/7 deal by 2 days. Grrr....

I'm hoping there is something for those of us that can't stay the full 7 days. Room only code, free dining, etc.

I am hoping that whatever it is will be good through April. It's not all that far in advance and it takes time to work out flights & other things for many of us who dont live close by and cant just drive in...:confused3

I was also hoping the "big" deal when it came out would be free dining starting Jan 2. Right now I'm only at the AS for 5 nights starting Jan 4, but we arrive in Orlando on the 2nd. We've never been able to take advantage of free dining, and that would be SO nice!

I doubt they'll offer that, now, though. It would almost be a "competing" offer: maybe some people that extended their stay would change their reservation. Also, for value resorts, free dining is a better deal (worse for Disney).

So, now I'm just really hoping for a great general public code...even 30% for values would be better than the AAA rate I have now. And with 2 rooms I'd save even more.

Crossing my fingers that as soon as your Thanksgiving is over they'll announce something for January.

This might make a short winter trip possible!

I'm betting it is room only codes. When I was at POP, I had a bounce back program for 2008 and almost all of 2009, with the exception of Peak Season, and the higher weeks of summer. It had 10% off a value, 20% off moderates and 30% off deluxes.

When I got to POR, it had a better offer for Bounceback. It had 40% of Deluxes, 30% of moderates and 20% Values. Same weeks. I had to call to use the codes before I left. But I'm betting they are just going to extend those codes. Mine didn't have the free dining. But I had an old Bounceback flyer I found in POP (I found in a drawer) and they had a 20% Value code for next Aug/Sept with free dining. On this one, you had to call by Oct. 27, and it was Nov. 7th when I checked in.

I'm thinking they're just going to announce the 4/3 deal as many people probably haven't even heard of it.---Kathy

I'm betting it is room only codes. When I was at POP, I had a bounce back program for 2008 and almost all of 2009, with the exception of Peak Season, and the higher weeks of summer. It had 10% off a value, 20% off moderates and 30% off deluxes.

When I got to POR, it had a better offer for Bounceback. It had 40% of Deluxes, 30% of moderates and 20% Values. Same weeks. I had to call to use the codes before I left. But I'm betting they are just going to extend those codes. Mine didn't have the free dining. But I had an old Bounceback flyer I found in POP (I found in a drawer) and they had a 20% Value code for next Aug/Sept with free dining. On this one, you had to call by Oct. 27, and it was Nov. 7th when I checked in.

Do you happen to have the dates for the last quarter of 2009 for the BB? I only have the dates thru September. TIA

I'm thinking they're just going to announce the 4/3 deal as many people probably haven't even heard of it.---Kathy

I don't think it can be this because the current offers says that you need to book by 12/20/08, but I guess they could extend it.

I'm hoping for a really good room only code.

When is the Christmas parade? I want to remember to watch for this.

When is the Christmas parade? I want to remember to watch for this.

It is on Christmas Day. It seems kind of last minute to me that they would come out with a new discount for January - March stays. My guess is that they announce it sooner, or it goes longer into 2009.

Honestly, I would keep more in tuned with mousesavers.com for discount info. The parade broadcast is still fun though. :santa:

I would love to see a promo that includes free dining if you took advantage of the 4/3 offer!! I know it's a fat chance, but a girl has to dream!!

I would love to see a promo that includes free dining if you took advantage of the 4/3 offer!! I know it's a fat chance, but a girl has to dream!!

Great idea, I love your way of thinking! Now, just let it run into October.......:yay:

I am really hoping for a room only code. I would love a quick getaway trip with my DH. A 4/3 deal would just be too long for us to leave the kids. And I hope they announce it early in Dec. That way I can ask for it as a Christmas present :goodvibes . (Guess I'm always scheming for an extra Disney trip!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter