Rolling thru the WORLD in a wheelchair on a WISH trip! 8/12 NEW UPDATE*CR CAPTIVES!!

You have my deepest sympathy - this is a terribly difficult time for you - you all will be in my prayers.

Just thought I'd let ya'll know what was going on. Braeton is much better. He still has alittle ways to go and we're not exactly sure of what his body is trying to fight.
I wll try to have an update this weekend. Sun. a.m. Shannon recieved a phone call during Sunday School. He has to keep his phone with him in case of transplant. Anyway it was his Bro with the shocking news that their Momwho was i the hospital for a colon problem, had crashed in the middle of the night and was in the CICU. We rushed home and packed and headed out to Ms. (She lived in Ok but was visiting my Bro-in-law) While on the way we recieved a call that she had crashed again for the 5th time (we had gotten another similar call) but this time they were not able to revive her. They had been trying to keep her on life support until the family could get there, but her heart would not cooperate. My Father in law and other Bro in law were on the road from Ok and of course we were headed that way also. So it was very rough on them not getting to see her before she passed. Her funeral is in La so we left Ms this a.m. went to La to take care of the arrangements and then had to come back home because Shannons dialysis center could not find another clinic that would let him do dialysis. So it was just don't take dialyis and go to the ER so they would admit him in the hospital and do Dialysis (this was the advice from DHs dialysis clinic:confused3 ) or come home. Where the funeral is to be held is only 2 1/2 hours away so we came home. We got in @ midnight and poor DH has to be up at 4 to go to Dialysis!! Then we will head back to La.
The funeral is Thurs which is also my Father in laws Birthday:sad2: I really feel for him. They had been married for almost 43 years and he is so lost without her.
Needless to say things are a little busy right now but I will be back:goodvibes

gosh Lee Lee your family has really been through it! I am so so sorry your MIL passed away and am very sorry you were not able to make it to MS in time to see her before she passed. I will keep your family in my prayers and especially your FIL to be able to come through this. I also hope things are going well with Braeton and Shannon. Bless you all.

Oh LeeLee....

That is such a shame... I will keep Shannon, his dad and your family in my prayers.

I hope that your fil can find the strenght to make it thru the tough days ahead of him

:grouphug:

So sorry, LeeLee, I just read your post. :hug: I hope your family is doing okay.

Just stopping by to say hello and let you know I'm thinking of you and your family!

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and support! It really means a lot!:hug:
We got back home last night @9 p.m. It's been a really long week with a lot of driving. Braeton was with us the whole time. He was a real trooper and actually is a lot better health wise than last week. I was really worried about him, as his Dr wrote admission papers for him Fri. night and we left Sun. morn, but he held on and despite me leaving his nebulizor and the pharmacy not having the antibiotic until Tues he is doing really good. His lungs are clearing up and he is doing pretty good despite some MAJOR Sensory overload.
Tyler has really taken this pretty hard and it's broke my heart to see him try to act all grown up. Wed night during the family visitation I realized he had disappeared and went to look for him. He was scrunched down at the far end of a pew hiding his face. He thought he wasn't supposed to cry in front of any one!!!!! When Shannon saw me holding him he came over and we explained that it was o.k. to cry. That actually that was a compliment to his MawMaw. It meant he really loved her and was going to miss her. And then Shannon held him and they cried together. When we left La yesterday we stopped by the cemetary. We let the boys choose to go or stay in the van. They stayed in the van and then when it was time to go, Tyler decided he wanted to go, so we let him out and I watched him walk alone to the grave, he stood for a min and then he knelt by it and I saw his lips moving. Yep I bawled. He prayed for a few min. then stood up with a light in his face and a little smile. He started looking at some headstones around the area and then came back toward the van. I met him halfway. He looked up at me with a little smile and said you know it's kind of happy. Confused I said, "What's happy?" And he said I was reading that stone right there and it said Wife of Johnson Sleeping in the arms of Jesus> He thought this was his grandmothers stone. I explained it was someone elses and he said "Will she have one? I told him yes and He said Well then that's o.k. to know she is in Jesus' Arms. Then I know she's happy!
From the mouth of my barely 8 year old.!!!
Shannon is hanging in there! We have 2 flower gardens that were sent to the funeral. One by my church and the other by my sister and her family. They consist of several pants and flowers that were artfully arranged. I will be seperating those today and we are hoping to plant the outside plants around our new house as soon as it is built if I can keep these thriving. WWe are also going to let the boys plant a tree in memeory of their grandmother on the day we move in to our house. Tyler is really looking forward to that.
Thank you once again for the pms the e-mailsand all the post of encouragement. I will update soon.
Leah

:hug:

Wow....Tyler is an amazing young man. You both raised him so well.

What a sweetheart.

Braeton, I am so glad he is doing so well and being quite the trooper.

You are blessed to have such a wonderful family.

I will keep you all in my prayers and thoughts

:grouphug:

Braeton...here ya go...::cop: ::cop: ::cop: ::cop: ::cop: ::cop: : (that is for being a Trooper.......another word for a cop)

Tyler.....These are for you: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: (For Being such a cool Young Man)

Will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. I have also enjoyed your TR. too me more time then i thought it would ;)

What an incredibly brave and grown up boy you have, that is so lovely about planting a memorial tree :goodvibes

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and support! It really means a lot!:hug:
We got back home last night @9 p.m. It's been a really long week with a lot of driving. Braeton was with us the whole time. He was a real trooper and actually is a lot better health wise than last week. I was really worried about him, as his Dr wrote admission papers for him Fri. night and we left Sun. morn, but he held on and despite me leaving his nebulizor and the pharmacy not having the antibiotic until Tues he is doing really good. His lungs are clearing up and he is doing pretty good despite some MAJOR Sensory overload.
Tyler has really taken this pretty hard and it's broke my heart to see him try to act all grown up. Wed night during the family visitation I realized he had disappeared and went to look for him. He was scrunched down at the far end of a pew hiding his face. He thought he wasn't supposed to cry in front of any one!!!!! When Shannon saw me holding him he came over and we explained that it was o.k. to cry. That actually that was a compliment to his MawMaw. It meant he really loved her and was going to miss her. And then Shannon held him and they cried together. When we left La yesterday we stopped by the cemetary. We let the boys choose to go or stay in the van. They stayed in the van and then when it was time to go, Tyler decided he wanted to go, so we let him out and I watched him walk alone to the grave, he stood for a min and then he knelt by it and I saw his lips moving. Yep I bawled. He prayed for a few min. then stood up with a light in his face and a little smile. He started looking at some headstones around the area and then came back toward the van. I met him halfway. He looked up at me with a little smile and said you know it's kind of happy. Confused I said, "What's happy?" And he said I was reading that stone right there and it said Wife of Johnson Sleeping in the arms of Jesus> He thought this was his grandmothers stone. I explained it was someone elses and he said "Will she have one? I told him yes and He said Well then that's o.k. to know she is in Jesus' Arms. Then I know she's happy!
From the mouth of my barely 8 year old.!!!
Shannon is hanging in there! We have 2 flower gardens that were sent to the funeral. One by my church and the other by my sister and her family. They consist of several pants and flowers that were artfully arranged. I will be seperating those today and we are hoping to plant the outside plants around our new house as soon as it is built if I can keep these thriving. WWe are also going to let the boys plant a tree in memeory of their grandmother on the day we move in to our house. Tyler is really looking forward to that.
Thank you once again for the pms the e-mailsand all the post of encouragement. I will update soon.
Leah

That was such a sad but beautiful story. Tyler is quite a young man, I know how very proud you are of him. My heart goes out to all of you but please give Shannon my deepest sympathy. I think planting those plants and a tree in MawMaw's memory will be wonderful therapy for the boys as they grow.

Leelee, I am so sorry for your family's loss. You are having such a tough time, but you are in a lot of thoughts and on a lot of prayer lists. :hug: I'm so glad Braedon did so well under very difficult circumstances, and glad that Tyler was able to make it through this with that perspective. Take care of yourselves. Pat

LeeLee, I am so sorry for your families loss. I hope that Shannon's condition doesn't worsen and that he gets the call for a transplant soon. What sweet boys you have too, who loved their Grandma.

What a wonderful family you have LeeLee. You are very blessed!

I love the story about "The arms of Jesus." How true!

I think of your family often and remember the fun we all had together at Beauty and the Beast.

May God Bless You,

Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter