Rolling thru the WORLD in a wheelchair on a WISH trip! 8/12 NEW UPDATE*CR CAPTIVES!!

I am so glad that Braeton and Tyler and you and DH too had such a great first evening at MGM

How sweet of that family to give Braeton their balloon ears.

He must have loved that.

Don't feel guilty...You deserve to have a great time:goodvibes

Can't wait to see pics once they upload for you

Look at that...I am number 3 in your posters:cool1:

Leah....I love reading your TR!! :goodvibes That was so nice of that family to give the boys their balloons. Kind of made up for the family on the earlier boat ride..huh? ;) Can't wait to read more!!

Okay I'll admit it, I'm one of the lurkers :rotfl2:

I just wanted to say Hi and let you know that I usually don't read trip reports, I caught myself over on the trip reports board searching for people who had trip reports about Pop Century as we'll be staying there in a few days. I found your trip report and have read it and can't tell you how moved I was at the strength in your family. I just kept reading thinking "My goodness all of this stuff can't happen to just one family"!!! But it has happened to your family and I thank you for sharing the story of your trip and your lives! :hug:

It takes a very strong person and family to come through what your family has had to endure. You should be very proud.

I hope that when I'm on vacation next week I can bring a smile to a family just as some families had brought a smile to your child's.

Although I will be on vacation next week I will stay subscribed to this thread and read the rest when I return, I learned a few vacations back that laptops on a trip are just not fun because the lure to work for a little while is always there :)

Thank you for the great trip report, it truly has been inspiring to read.

Look at that...I am number 3 in your posters:cool1:
:banana: Oh Yeah!! Sharky loves me!!!!!!:banana: :banana:

Leah....I love reading your TR!! :goodvibes That was so nice of that family to give the boys their balloons. Kind of made up for the family on the earlier boat ride..huh? ;) Can't wait to read more!!
Yes Yes it did!! You know that is why I love Disney. The norm there seemed to be nice people with just a few rude people every now and then. Even when it was hot and crowded, it just didn't seem to matter, we were at Disney world. Wait till ya'll read what happens to us the next morning!!!!!

Okay I'll admit it, I'm one of the lurkers :rotfl2:

I just wanted to say Hi and let you know that I usually don't read trip reports, I caught myself over on the trip reports board searching for people who had trip reports about Pop Century as we'll be staying there in a few days. I found your trip report and have read it and can't tell you how moved I was at the strength in your family. I just kept reading thinking "My goodness all of this stuff can't happen to just one family"!!! But it has happened to your family and I thank you for sharing the story of your trip and your lives! :hug:

It takes a very strong person and family to come through what your family has had to endure. You should be very proud.

I hope that when I'm on vacation next week I can bring a smile to a family just as some families had brought a smile to your child's.

Although I will be on vacation next week I will stay subscribed to this thread and read the rest when I return, I learned a few vacations back that laptops on a trip are just not fun because the lure to work for a little while is always there :)

Thank you for the great trip report, it truly has been inspiring to read.
:welcome: :thanks: for coming out of lurkdom!!:goodvibes And special thanks for reading my TR! Please make sure to let me know a special moment that happens to you while you are on your trip. I want to hear!!!! And not to spoil my TR or anything, but ya'll haven't seen anything yet!!!!;)

:banana: Oh Yeah!! Sharky loves me!!!!!!:banana: :banana:

Yes Yes it did!! You know that is why I love Disney. The norm there seemed to be nice people with just a few rude people every now and then. Even when it was hot and crowded, it just didn't seem to matter, we were at Disney world. Wait till ya'll read what happens to us the next morning!!!!!

:welcome: :thanks: for coming out of lurkdom!!:goodvibes And special thanks for reading my TR! Please make sure to let me know a special moment that happens to you while you are on your trip. I want to hear!!!! And not to spoil my TR or anything, but ya'll haven't seen anything yet!!!!;)

Okay.....I am super curious now!!!

Can't wait for the next update..

Please don't make us wait too long....

If you are too busy, you can give me the details in a PM

I crack myself up

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Now that I know you are keeping score I will be sure to post and let you know when I am reading :rotfl:

I was thinking earlier, but didn't tell you, so I will now. You don't need to feel one tiny bit of guilt for wanting to get as much time in at the parks and see as much as you can! I am feeling the same way, and ya, it's because I want the kids to have a trip of a life time but heck, I want a trip of a life time too! We give a lot being a mom and even more being the mom of a special needs child so I sure think we deserve to look forward to having some fun too! :yay: My son is 4. He wouldn't have any idea what Disney World was if I didn't start telling him about it when I knew he would be granted a wish. Does that make me a bad person? I hope not. Just someone that wants her family (and myself) to experience pure joy for a week. I would be so dissapointed if we end up sick or in the hospital for any of us but especially for my wish son on this trip. I do get it!! :hug:

Can't wait to hear about your morning!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

LeeLee, love love love your TR! :goodvibes I can relate to your angst about Braeton getting sick, mostly for his health but partly for your trip! :sad1:
I think it may also have something to do with the *ahem* tiny bit of control freak we Moms dealing with chronically ill kids have. :rolleyes1 We do everything we know to make sure that we WON'T need to go to the ER or the DR, and we take it personally when our kids' bodies won't cooperate.
It's almost like you make a deal with the illness- "I'll do everything your way until we go, just please leave us alone while we're gone.":rolleyes:
:grouphug: to you and Braeton and Tyler and Shannon. And :hug: to the family on the boat who made room in their day to brighten someone's life.:love:

You've got almost 7000 hits on your trippie, LeeLee. I don't think you need to be concerned about people not reading it just because there aren't any posts to it.

hey i caught up in one night. love your report!!! You and your family are truly inspiraring. Braeton is just too cute.

Side note, we had my son taking the botox shots for about a year. They helped alot, but he was still tight. I think the nuro was still working with the dosage due to my son's weight issue's(you know how that is). Anyway his neurologist taped my son walking and showed it to his "team" of doctors and the neuro-surgeon called us and wanted to talk to us about doing a selective dorsal rhizeotomy. I am not sure if you are familiar with this surgery or not. not all cp children are candidates and they normally won't do the surgery after a certain age(8, I think) It's basically like a permanent botox treatment, except it affects all the muscle in the lower extremities.

My son had the surgery this summer and boy are we glad we did it. He was in the hospital for about 8 weeks. but what a difference. also, my son was already walking running jumping driving me crazy before the surgery. Basically he walked toed in scissor gate. Dragging his right foot. He would kinda hitch his right leg. Now, even though he doesn't do it, he CAN walk with a almost regular gait, but he still walks based on his old pattern. It will take a year or so of intense therapy to retrain him to walk the right way.

Oh Elisa you know me oh too well. Next time you are down this way, we HAVE to meet up!! And You know I always did like Dr. Seuss!!! He penned it quite well!!

Leah:

I think we will be in Houston right after Christmas. We are planning on Christmas here because my husband's twin and his family are coming, and my DH doesn't have any more leave time right now. My dad and mom are in poor health. As the oldest child there are things I need to do to take care of some business for my parents. Additionally one of my sisters and her hubbie and new baby will be there in Houston (their first and they are in their 40's :eek: ) The kids and I will probably be there before and after New Years...I'll keep you posted (no pun intended) At this point, the kids and I are planning to head out Texas way. I have been craving some good Bodacious BBQ Brisket (they don't do beef in Alabama, mainly pork) and I think there is one close to you off US59. I'll bring lunch!

~Elisa

Thanks to all of you that are reading and special thanks to those that have posted. I know I haven't replied to all of you lately. I'm sorry. You know how crazy it's been, but I will do better, because I do enjoy hearing from each of you. I think there must be some lurkers because there have been over 6000 views :) So here's public thanks to each of you and of course it's no surprise who's the top 2 posters after me!!!;) :goodvibes
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 219
User Name Posts
LeeLee2U 49
Disneymommom 20
Trentmom 20
kindakrazy2 13
Momof2wCF 12
dismom9761 11
DisneyJo 9
mrsksomeday 7
Goofyluver 7
5dwarves 7
Bill_Lin 6
wendygrace 5
hjohnson6 4
Iluvmickeymouse! 4
LindaBabe 3
eternaldisneyfan 3
Who'syourMickey 3
praisehisname 3
alizesmom 3
PittypatBR 3
whogirl'smom 2
rentayenta 2
patticake3 2
Winnielover 2
MagiKitty 2
disneyfanforlife 2
cherylp3 2
Eeyore's Mom 2
AshleyMWC 1
disneykibbes5 1
HMHunters 1
KimAshton 1
Avivasmom 1
bex271 1
rebecca06261 1
kors 1
heath-and-javens-mom 1
KYCruiseCrazy 1
Plantlady

:rotfl2: Honey...you have WAY too much time on your hands...LOL.

~E

Hey what about some love for your #4 poster? #3 behind you! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Glad you all enjoyed your ride and ended the night on a happy, mickey-eared note!

Just checking in...

Can't wait for your next update

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Crud, look at me all lonely at the bottom of the list, without even a number.

I guess I should be a bit louder.

O.k. O.k. O.k.
First I am going to quote and post, cause there are sev. I want to reply too. But I need to clearify something here. I was trying to take the lazy mans err... womans way out when I posted the list of posters so I could thank all of you, without going back and reading tall through the TR to make sure I listed you. I knew I had skipped some of you, NOT on purpose and due to lack of time. I had just been commenting here and there w/out acknowledging everyone. I actually looked the list up when I was replying on another TR and wanted to see if the person I was replying to was subxcribed on here before I went and embarrassed myself by describing Braetons condition if she already knew about it. Then I saw the list of views and thought WOW! and looked at the posters and I knew sev. of you from the WISH thread and knew that ya'll don't have a lot of time either, yet you were reading my TR and wanted to thank you. Wasn't trying to start anything, so SORRY!! I hope ya'll still love me.
BUT since I have started this. I'm glad I did because some lurkers are coming out and we can all meet them. SO THANK YOU lurkers and Plantlady I didn't even notice you didn't have a number!!!!:rotfl: But now you do and I know you don't fel lonely anymore!!!!!:rotfl: Thank you for posting! You've made my day/night!!!??!!
Kinda You know I love you!!!! You Sharky and Trentmom keep me straight on Ddads thread even if you DO have posting partys w/out me!!! HMMPPH:snooty:
;) :rotfl2:

O.k. I've got to go, but hopefully Mon. I'll be able to respond AND give a really ????????? Update!!!!!!! "See" ya'll then!
Have a blessed SUnday!!!!!:goodvibes
Leah

O.k. O.k. O.k.
First I am going to quote and post, cause there are sev. I want to reply too. But I need to clearify something here. I was trying to take the lazy mans err... womans way out when I posted the list of posters so I could thank all of you, without going back and reading tall through the TR to make sure I listed you. I knew I had skipped some of you, NOT on purpose and due to lack of time. I had just been commenting here and there w/out acknowledging everyone. I actually looked the list up when I was replying on another TR and wanted to see if the person I was replying to was subxcribed on here before I went and embarrassed myself by describing Braetons condition if she already knew about it. Then I saw the list of views and thought WOW! and looked at the posters and I knew sev. of you from the WISH thread and knew that ya'll don't have a lot of time either, yet you were reading my TR and wanted to thank you. Wasn't trying to start anything, so SORRY!! I hope ya'll still love me.
BUT since I have started this. I'm glad I did because some lurkers are coming out and we can all meet them. SO THANK YOU lurkers and Plantlady I didn't even notice you didn't have a number!!!!:rotfl: But now you do and I know you don't fel lonely anymore!!!!!:rotfl: Thank you for posting! You've made my day/night!!!??!!
Kinda You know I love you!!!! You Sharky and Trentmom keep me straight on Ddads thread even if you DO have posting partys w/out me!!! HMMPPH:snooty:

O.k. I've got to go, but hopefully Mon. I'll be able to respond AND give a really ????????? Update!!!!!!! "See" ya'll then!
Leah

You know we love you Leah! Just giving you a hard time because we can - all in fun my friend! :hug:

You know we love you Leah! Just giving you a hard time because we can - all in fun my friend! :hug:
Of coure ya do Kinda!!! Because I'm so adorable and loveable!!! HeeHEE!!! You know I can take it. I've got thick skin. You know being from Texas, walking barefoot in the sno...errr dust does that to you!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl2:

O.k. O.k. O.k.

Leah

We love you, too LeeLee!!!

You need to sleep in one morning, so you can come to one of our posting parties:cool1:

Have a great Sunday:grouphug:

Leah:

I think we will be in Houston right after Christmas. We are planning on Christmas here because my husband's twin and his family are coming, and my DH doesn't have any more leave time right now. My dad and mom are in poor health. As the oldest child there are things I need to do to take care of some business for my parents. Additionally one of my sisters and her hubbie and new baby will be there in Houston (their first and they are in their 40's :eek: ) The kids and I will probably be there before and after New Years...I'll keep you posted (no pun intended) At this point, the kids and I are planning to head out Texas way. I have been craving some good Bodacious BBQ Brisket (they don't do beef in Alabama, mainly pork) and I think there is one close to you off US59. I'll bring lunch!

~Elisa

:rotfl2: Honey...you have WAY too much time on your hands...LOL.

hahaha, LeeLee didn't have to retype that list, you can pull it up on the CP user and copy it. We do it all the time on our home threads.
~E

5dwarves, where in Alabama? We may be moving to Alabama next spring, not sure when yet but most likely in May. We will be in Tuscaloosa area we think.

O.k. O.k. O.k.
Hey what about me on Ddad's thread, I'm there with you too, LOL.

Leah

Just looking for an update and had to post!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter