ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize this might be better for the Closing Time thread, and I will add there once the whole process is done, but to recap, we passed ROFR on Apr 27 (Thurs) and this morning May 1 (Monday) Cammy Smith from Mason Title already had the closing docs sent to us.
That is super, lilsonicfan :D I requested to use Mason Title at the same time I put my offer in with Fidelity because I had an awful experience with First American Title and I did not want to repeat that :rolleyes1 My contract passed on 4/28 so hopefully this means I will get my closing documents tomorrow pixiedust:

I realize this might be better for the Closing Time thread, and I will add there once the whole process is done, but to recap, we passed ROFR on Apr 27 (Thurs) and this morning May 1 (Monday) Cammy Smith from Mason Title already had the closing docs sent to us.
In contrast, we just passed ROFR today and were told it will be approximately three weeks until we get our closing documents. :(

I wish I had asked to use Mason. I'm being told 21 days from rofr is their accurate number right now.

Ashlotte---$83-$19174-200-AUL-Feb-0/22, 400/23, 200/24, 200/25- sent 4/13, passed 5/1

Passed! Closing costs are an estimate.

Unfortunately, they said the closing documents will come in approximate three weeks. :( I am getting antsy to get this over with to make sure those banked 2022 points don't expire and go to waste.

Last edited:
Ashlotte---$83-$19174-200-AUL-Feb-0/22, 400/23, 200/24, 200/25- sent 4/13, passed 5/1

Passed! Closing costs are an estimate.

Unfortunately, they said the closing costs will come in approximate three weeks. :( I am getting antsy to get this over with to make sure those banked 2022 points don't expire and go to waste.

You signed a contract without knowing or having the closing costs stated?

You signed a contract without knowing or having the closing costs stated?
That does make me sound pretty naïve, doesn't it? I asked before I bid and they said it was estimated at $900. I didn't see a final amount in the contract, and I am waiting to hear back about that.

Other title companies are not that on the ball I can tell you.

I wish I had asked to use Mason. I'm being told 21 days from rofr is their accurate number right now.

Hopefully it'll be faster than that!

Other title companies are not that on the ball I can tell you.

Fair point. I read through a ton of posts in the "Closing Time" thread before I chose Mason as it seemed that on average they were a little faster to get the closing docs out. Fortunately that seems to have worked for me, though I'm well aware there was no guarantee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter