ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I passed ROFR on my GFV contract last Friday the 28th and received my closing documents from Cammie at Mason Title at 8:45 this morning (5/2) :cloud9: I am so happy I requested them as my closing agent :cool1: Without this thread, I never would have known that the buyer can make that request :thanks:

And somebody else posted this (I didn't add it as a quote):
"I realize this might be better for the Closing Time thread, and I will add there once the whole process is done, but to recap, we passed ROFR on Apr 27 (Thurs) and this morning May 1 (Monday) Cammy Smith from Mason Title already had the closing docs sent to us."

I passed on Thursday the 27th and don't have my closing docs from Mason Title.

I wonder what determines the order in which files are worked on over there.

Bookbabe626---$135-$36882-250-BCV-Jun-0/22, 431/23, 250/24, 250/25- sent 5/1

My first resale, so I probably overpaid, but they were asking $145 and most comparable contracts were asking $150, so I took a conservative approach because i did not want to miss out on the exact contract I wanted. I only put in the offer Saturday morning, it was accepted by lunchtime and we had all the paperwork to sign by Sunday. Hopefully ROFR will be just as speedy!
That's a good price (still got most of the '22 pts) and then there's a lot of value in getting the exact contract you wanted.

I passed on Thursday the 27th and don't have my closing docs from Mason Title.

I wonder what determines the order in which files are worked on over there.
Passing ROFR only clears things from Disney’s perspective. If the seller has an outstanding loan that will be paid through closing proceeds, or there are other issues with the seller (multiple owners on the contract, etc.), it may take a few days longer to prepare the closing doc packet.

Passing ROFR only clears things from Disney’s perspective. If the seller has an outstanding loan that will be paid through closing proceeds, or there are other issues with the seller (multiple owners on the contract, etc.), it may take a few days longer to prepare the closing doc packet.
Good points. But if there's no loan and just one seller, who is in the U.S., it's hard to be patient when other people's files seem to be jumping ahead of yours for getting the closing paperwork prepared, within the same office.

But admittedly I don't know what's going on in the office.

Good points. But if there's no loan and just one seller, who is in the U.S., it's hard to be patient when other people's files seem to be jumping ahead of yours for getting the closing paperwork prepared, within the same office.

Just saying the buyer is never privy to 100% of the process at the seller's end, and with many contracts clearing ROFR pretty quickly, the other steps in the process can still take time.

My first resale, so I probably overpaid, but they were asking $145 and most comparable contracts were asking $150, so I took a conservative approach because i did not want to miss out on the exact contract I wanted. I only put in the offer Saturday morning, it was accepted by lunchtime and we had all the paperwork to sign by Sunday. Hopefully ROFR will be just as speedy!
You have probably heard this before, if you're truly happy with your contract and it is exactly what you want, paying that little bit extra is worth it in a long run. Plus looks like you got 2/3 of 2022 points! That's some good value there!

Maybe worth calling the title company.

Q: Is there a site that one could check to get accurate DVC resort availability without having a login or password?

Q: Is there a site that one could check to get accurate DVC resort availability without having a login or password?

Nothing out there is in real time....things change so much that until one can book, what you see could be gone. It is one of the reasons we don't allow people here to post what they see on the DVC website.

I believe our board sponsor, www.dvcrentalstore.com had a tool that gives a general idea...

No. Things are constantly in flux, with reservations added, cancelled, walkers, DVC pulling units for breakage, etc. No way to know what's available on any given day at any resort without logging onto a dashboard.

This site's tool says it is updated 2x daily. The tool's site promotes this site's sponsors, so hopefully, it's allowed to share here:

https://tools.dvcvacations.com/points-calculator

It has admittedly limited accuracy but could be a useful guide for the general state of things. I found it to be accurate enough when we were waiting for our points/membership and then when we went to book our points.

Well...finally got an email about my ROFR and I was so excited!! Then only when I opened it...says this....
"Hi there, we are still waiting to hear back on the Right of First Refusal request for your file that was sent to Disney Vacation Club......" Gaaaaahhhh!!! 😭🥺😭🥺🥺

54becc9531e3a0454287d72f55dc3c9d.gif

Well...finally got an email about my ROFR and I was so excited!! Then only when I opened it...says this....
"Hi there, we are still waiting to hear back on the Right of First Refusal request for your file that was sent to Disney Vacation Club......" Gaaaaahhhh!!! 😭🥺😭🥺🥺

Argh, that's terrible!! What day was it sent to ROFR? I think you are about a week ahead of me.

That is no reason to cry. I have gotten the "Disney exercised the right....." email. That one brought tears.

That is no reason to cry. I have gotten the "Disney exercised the right....." email. That one brought tears.
I'm so sorry! 🥺 I hope that was awhile ago you got that email??

You're absolutely right!! If I ever get that email...it will for sure be this ugly cry....LOL!

crying-it-is.gif

Congrats!! If it makes you feel any better, I have a BCV contract waiting to be sent to ROFR for $137pp. I knew it was more than the $120-$135 I saw here, but it was a perfect fit, so I'm thrilled. The asking price was $155pp. Wishing you luck with your journey. Please keep us posted!

I was just wondering if people are still seeing a fall in price or do they seem to be settling/going back up?

I was just wondering if people are still seeing a fall in price or do they seem to be settling/going back up?
I think it depends on the resort you want to buy. I think in general prices are still down, but I seeing fewer contracts being listed so certain priority resorts contracts available are shrinking. Supply and demand, the listing agents/salespeople who want to keep prices up, and if a seller is motivated or not will determine if prices stabilize, drop, or rise for some of the priority resorts.

Just saying the buyer is never privy to 100% of the process at the seller's end, and with many contracts clearing ROFR pretty quickly, the other steps in the process can still take time.
This is true. My closing docs were received two weeks ago and I got my portion done and funds sent within a few days. Seller still hasn’t returned closing docs. I know they have to get notary but good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter