ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wanting to get a steal at Aulani for a while now (since they had the direct fire sale and my regret in not getting it then). I've been actively paying attention to the listings.
For most of the past 2 years there has been about 200 listings at any given time give or take 20. A few months ago Aulani had 210+ active listings, right now I'm seeing less than 140. It seems like nobody is listing their contracts there, or they're biding their time.
I am seeing fewer and fewer listings of all resorts. Deals can still be had (especially for people who follow this board) but they are fewer and farther between now.
I'm watching Aulani as well, and agree. When we put our offer in on our contract, there were a few listings at $90 or so, and ours was listed at $88. I haven't seen prices that low since we put our offer in, so I am wondering if the market has stabilized and isn't dropping anymore. I would think the contracts that have been up for a while have had multiple lowball offers they weren't interested in taking, and people who don't need to sell will hold on for a while.

That's good to hear! We went a little higher in price since it was VGC, but with banked 2022 points, we are going to rent those to offset the purchase price. Will need to decide if we are going to rent those points ourselves or through a broker, but we have to get passed ROFR first!
Can I just say, your past trips is giving major FOMO as far as needing to get something officially on the books for 2023. lol You've stayed all over. So jelly.

If you do not have a DVC account and you are up for ROFR, assuming you pass do they send you everything for the setup?

If you do not have a DVC account and you are up for ROFR, assuming you pass do they send you everything for the setup?
Yes (after recording of your deed and closing). Everything being a Membership Number and Activation Code. With those you set up a login (but most link to their MDE account).

Can I just say, your past trips is giving major FOMO as far as needing to get something officially on the books for 2023. lol You've stayed all over. So jelly.
When we first became members, we wanted to try all the resorts. We found some favs and some meh resorts for us. However, we don't like to do split stays if we can help it anymore and we love 1bd or larger, so add-on-itis is real and this thread does not help.

Finally!!! Can't wait to get this all moving :)

lilsonicfan---$80-$21965-250-SSR-Mar-0/22, 434/23, 250/24, 250/25-Seller pays closing- sent 4/10, passed 4/27

I realize this might be better for the Closing Time thread, and I will add there once the whole process is done, but to recap, we passed ROFR on Apr 27 (Thurs) and this morning May 1 (Monday) Cammy Smith from Mason Title already had the closing docs sent to us.

Re: Aulani (and disclaimed, in an AUL owner) - I can understand why the $80-90 range might be a floor (unless the economy takes another leg down)— the point value of the 1bed villas we booked over thanksgiving would have a cash equivalent of over $30/pt, and you can’t get a 1bed at most beachfront hotels on Hawaii for less than that either. So after you back out your annual dues, it’s worth approximately $20/yr/pt— so hard to part with it for less than $80 minus brokerage fees from a financial perspective unless you really need the money or have a floating interest rate loan. I’d be happy to be wrong and pick up another 50-100 points sometime this year though!

I'm watching Aulani as well, and agree. When we put our offer in on our contract, there were a few listings at $90 or so, and ours was listed at $88. I haven't seen prices that low since we put our offer in, so I am wondering if the market has stabilized and isn't dropping anymore. I would think the contracts that have been up for a while have had multiple lowball offers they weren't interested in taking, and people who don't need to sell will hold on for a while.

I think we were looking at the same time (because I think you got the contract I bid on and almost bought) and I will say there were very few listings under $100. I only kept track of about 12 or so AUL listings but 9 of them were $110-120. That one listing was definitely a bit of an anomaly in terms of listing price!

Redsred3---$110-$18098-150-BWV-Oct-150/22, 150/23, 150/24-50/50 split closing costs- sent 4/10, passed 5/1

Finally out of ROFR! Not sure when it passed. I reached out to my broker, and he told me they forgot to cc him that it passed...so sometime in the past few days.
I swear it feels like I'm never gonna hear. It's just a stark contrast from what I experienced in my BWV ROFR (which cleared 2 days before my SSR one was supposedly submitted, after a total of 9 days).

Since I know I'm being dramatic, let me share this :laughing:
images

I swear it feels like I'm never gonna hear. It's just a stark contrast from what I experienced in my BWV ROFR (which cleared 2 days before my SSR one was supposedly submitted, after a total of 9 days).
I emailed my broker again (I'm sure he's sick of me) and let him know what I experienced and why I'm a little worried/curious. It just seems like such a drastic change from my first experience.

I emailed my broker again (I'm sure he's sick of me) and let him know what I experienced and why I'm a little worried/curious. It just seems like such a drastic change from my first experience.
He just replied saying he was also worried but that he has to wait until day 31 before he can reach out. Also, he let me know that he only has one other contact this waiting the same amount of time as me and we were both submitted on the same day.

suspicious-ned-flanders-fry-dicaprio-meme-doodle.gif

Disney...what are you doing?

He just replied saying he was also worried but that he has to wait until day 31 before he can reach out. Also, he let me know that he only has one other contact this waiting the same amount of time as me and we were both submitted on the same day.

suspicious-ned-flanders-fry-dicaprio-meme-doodle.gif

Disney...what are you doing?
See if he can check with the title company (not Disney...I know they have to wait for that)...mine just did and found out he wasn't cc'd when it passed. Maybe yours is being worked on at title and he doesn't know it. Wishful thinking :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter