ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My $75pp last month was a big contract (270 points). When I got a RIV resale last summer, listings were all in the 150-160s, lowest I could get it down to was also $125 for a 100pt contract.
Yeah, that was a crazy good deal!!, especially with 2022 banked points! Most of the low Boulder Ridge deals the contracts are completely stripped!

mainstreetmillenial31---$80-$8529-100-BRV@WL-Sep-0/21, 0/22, 0/23, 100/24- sent 4/28

This was my first go at submitting a pretty low offer, and I didn't expect the seller to accept as it was listed at nearly $100/pp. As others have said, there hasn't been much budging from list prices lately. But I figured with no points til late next year it couldn't hurt to try, surprisingly it got accepted right away!
This is a really good deal! Well done! I saw that contract and it already had a great listing price.

PJ E---$104-$18842-160-AKV-Dec-0/21, 300/22, 160/23, 160/24- sent 4/4

First contract, the loaded 2022 points is what sold me on it. list was originally in the $130's, it just dropped to $115 and i offered $97, they countered at $104 and i accepted as i didn't want the "free" 2022 points to get away!
Are you able to easily rent these points from 2022 for a good price? I’m looking at a contract like this, and my husband is worried we wont get a good deal to rent if they are so close to expiration. I thought we could bank them and then rent them out. Can we really expect $16-18 per point if we rent?

Are you able to easily rent these points from 2022 for a good price? I’m looking at a contract like this, and my husband is worried we wont get a good deal to rent if they are so close to expiration. I thought we could bank them and then rent them out. Can we really expect $16-18 per point if we rent?
So we just got our points last Saturday. I was worried the same that I might not be able to rent expiring points in time. We had 200 from '21 that had been banked into '22 and would expire 9/30/2023. It only took five days to rent 199 of the 200 at $16/pt. Effectively knocked our $120/pt BCV down to a $104/pt contract.

I was surprised by how fast and how easy it was to rent points we couldn't use before they expired and to do so this close (relatively) to the expiration date (October UY).

So we just got our points last Saturday. I was worried the same that I might not be able to rent expiring points in time. We had 200 from '21 that had been banked into '22 and would expire 9/30/2023. It only took five days to rent 199 of the 200 at $16/pt. Effectively knocked our $120/pt BCV down to a $104/pt contract.

I was surprised by how fast and how easy it was to rent points we couldn't use before they expired and to do so this close (relatively) to the expiration date (October UY).
Did you use a broker, or rent on your own?

Did you use a broker, or rent on your own?
I used a service. One of the two big ones I knew of, but it wasn't the site sponsor here. I did look at the sponsor's site and am signed up there too. They had options to browse the request list to find a match which I liked. The other site, the one I used, emailed me when they added a potential match and it's speed to the lead to claim it first. Same day of the reservations I made I was paid via PayPal 75% (or was it 70%?). Incredibly easy.

I used a service. One of the two big ones I knew of, but it wasn't the site sponsor here. I did look at the sponsor's site and am signed up there too. They had options to browse the request list to find a match which I liked. The other site, the one I used, emailed me when they added a potential match and it's speed to the lead to claim it first. Same day of the reservations I made I was paid via PayPal 75% (or was it 70%?). Incredibly easy.
Thanks! This is encouraging to hear. The account we are buying has 200 points expiring on January 31st that we may or may not be able to use. Good to hear the process is easy.

That's exactly what we will need to do, 111 of ours will expire at the end of September also, hopefully we will have our points within four weeks, if we pass ROFR... Glad to hear it didn't take long!

I have a question. I’m buying my first contract with Fidelity. Contract was signed and submitted on Tuesday by both the seller and myself. How long did fidelity take to submit for ROFR and were you notified? It’s been crickets over here. Lol
We signed late on a Thursday night as soon as we got the contract. The sellers also immediately signed. We sent in the deposit within minutes of signing. We had an email the next morning saying they'd sent it to ROFR. It was crazy fast for us.

This was also our first contract. We signed just before things got crazy on the resale market though so maybe we sneaked in just before they got insanely busy?

Yes, you absolutely can. Speaking as a former longtime renter here... We rented points person to person using Facebook rental groups and had incredibly positive experiences, but I also absolutely love the ease of rental process using the popular sites. I think I've used the site sponsor here and they were wonderful — but I prefer renting by purchasing the confirmed reservations most. It takes so much of the stress out of hunting down exactly what you want with someone privately. But I will share, even within the 7 month window, I was happy to pay $18/pp to rent with someone privately because they worked to book the room type and resort I wanted. It can be a little frenzied to get what you want, but when those "I have points to rent at X resort" go up, people clamor for them. Good luck!!

10 business days that's amazing! Congrats! 🥳 Ours was sent a couple days after yours and I'm expecting 3-weeks turnaround, but I would be stoked if we get pixie dusted with a 2-weeks turnaround!
Ugh, wouldn't that be a dream? haha I just want to login to the dash and see Welcome Home and the Polynesian there for my family. Come on, ROFR!! Let's make that magic!

I've been wanting to get a steal at Aulani for a while now (since they had the direct fire sale and my regret in not getting it then). I've been actively paying attention to the listings.
For most of the past 2 years there has been about 200 listings at any given time give or take 20. A few months ago Aulani had 210+ active listings, right now I'm seeing less than 140. It seems like nobody is listing their contracts there, or they're biding their time.
I am seeing fewer and fewer listings of all resorts. Deals can still be had (especially for people who follow this board) but they are fewer and farther between now.

That's good to hear! We went a little higher in price since it was VGC, but with banked 2022 points, we are going to rent those to offset the purchase price. Will need to decide if we are going to rent those points ourselves or through a broker, but we have to get passed ROFR first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter