• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rivers of Light --- Almost Ready for Prime Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new. Softs within next couple weeks. Grand opening mid to late November.
Thanks for the update! Where is the other rumor coming from, saying that the show may not begin until next May? I'm reading how upset people are about that, but I didn't understand where that was coming from. Was it just the accidental release of the webpage from this past May?

Thanks for the update! Where is the other rumor coming from, saying that the show may not begin until next May? I'm reading how upset people are about that, but I didn't understand where that was coming from. Was it just the accidental release of the webpage from this past May?
That rumor was speculation because dining packages popped up on the WDW website. The dining package page hadn't been updated and was the same exact page from this year which had May on it. This lead people to assume may 2017 when that in fact wasn't true. The dining package page has since been taken down.

I so hope this happens. I would love to see this show when we are there late November.
I am holding an extra park day in late November - our arrival day - to hopefully fit this in... but it sure would be good to know before the 30 day mark (Thursday) so I could shorten the ticket without penalty if they aren't doing it...

I didn't think to time it, but it felt short - definitely shorter than Illuminations.

Based on the people I talked to, I would imagine soft openings will start happening within the next 10-14 days.

I didn't think to time it, but it felt short - definitely shorter than Illuminations.

Based on the people I talked to, I would imagine soft openings will start happening within the next 10-14 days.
I know before the big issues the show was said to be around 22 minutes. Would you say shorter than that?

Do you think this will be select nights only (esp during the "off" season) or every night?

Do you think this will be select nights only (esp during the "off" season) or every night?

I think it will be every night. We were in AK last Friday after dark - and I'd say there night-time offerings are a bit of a disaster. We Observed people STREAMING out of the park by 6 PM ("Dark" was 7 PM.) We rode the Safari at around 6:30 PM right around twilight and it was pretty cool. (The sun was still up at the start of the ride, but had set by the end. The light screens were kind of subtle, I don't know how it would have looked in the dark.) We were off the ride a little after 7 PM and went up front to see the tree of life stuff. There were quite a few people there at the first show, but again people streaming out of the park. We stuck around for a few of the tree shows (very cool), but we left by 7:30 PM or so. (Park was open until 8:30 PM.)

So - back to my answer - they aren't keeping people in this park without Rivers of Light. A successful Rivers of Light show will draw people to stay, but only if it's running. I could see after a year or so them not running it every night - but pretty sure early on it will run daily, probably at least 2 shows a night.

AK park closing is set for 7:00 for my dates in December. If ROL does start showing, any guesses on what time the show will be? Just trying to make sure my dining and fast passes don't interfere!

AK park closing is set for 7:00 for my dates in December. If ROL does start showing, any guesses on what time the show will be? Just trying to make sure my dining and fast passes don't interfere!
Assuming there are two showings you could be looking at something like 5:30 and 7:00? They might even extend park hours once ROL officially debuts.

Just trying to make sure my dining and fast passes don't interfere!

This has been my personal planning nightmare!! I've have scheduled and cancelled more dining ressies than ever before for this show...trying to guess IF it will open and WHEN it will run.
Let's hope we hear relatively soon...:rolleyes1

Man, I am not counting on this, but this would be so awesome if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter