Rivers of Light --- Almost Ready for Prime Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the rumor that the show is functional and reliable(or not)? Is the issue function or content? That latest rumors make it sound like the technical issues have be resolved, but maybe they are not happy with the content of it.

Is it just me, or with this update to the page, did the fastpass+ offered button come back? It doesn't work, but I don't remember the link being there last time I checked the page.
I believe it has been there for a while now.

This is now showing on the WDW page for Rivers of Light: "This show runs approximately 15 minutes and can be viewed up to 3 times nightly—pick up the Times Guide in the park for the most up-to-date schedule. Since this is an outdoor show, it is subject to cancellation due to inclement weather. Performance times are subject to change." I don't remember seeing this last week when I looked on the page, and I have also heard that the show was lasting 20 minutes. I wonder if they cut anything to try and get this show out?

This is now showing on the WDW page for Rivers of Light: "This show runs approximately 15 minutes and can be viewed up to 3 times nightly—pick up the Times Guide in the park for the most up-to-date schedule. Since this is an outdoor show, it is subject to cancellation due to inclement weather. Performance times are subject to change." I don't remember seeing this last week when I looked on the page, and I have also heard that the show was lasting 20 minutes. I wonder if they cut anything to try and get this show out?
Interesting. The people who went to the preview found it to be about 18 minutes.

So is the rumor that the show is functional and reliable(or not)? Is the issue function or content? That latest rumors make it sound like the technical issues have be resolved, but maybe they are not happy with the content of it.
1) Both.
2) The story is not done.
. . . music is still in limbo
. . . there is no "Finale", except that the house lights come up, so only then do you know to leave
. . . they have four actors, instead of the planned (and announced) ten actors
3) The "technical" issues are still unresolved.
. . . boats still crash into each other
. . . the floating "lanterns" do not operate independently, and have been pulled from the preview shows
. . . the software doesn't respond and react as planned.
. . . there is not even an guesstimate as to when the software will be fixed/debugged
4) And, no they are not happy with it (including Ogre), otherwise it would be open.
5) Right now,
. . . it is basically about 18-20 minutes of your life you cannot get back,
. . . not counting waiting in-line times and awaiting-the-show time
6) The current RUNMOR is that it will open at the same time as Pandora (aka, Avatarland)

Maybe there is hope for my Jan 2 AK day after all!!
1) I assume you mean 2018 or 2019?
2) You certainly do not think 2017.

1) Both.
. . . there is no "Finale", except that the house lights come up, so only then do you know to leave
. . . the floating "lanterns" do not operate independently, and have been pulled from the preview shows
. . . there is not even an guesstimate as to when the software will be fixed/debugged
4) And, no they are not happy with it (including Ogre), otherwise it would be open.
5) Right now,
6) The current RUNMOR is that it will open at the same time as Pandora (aka, Avatarland)

Thank you, @TheRustyScupper. Even though we all wish the show were already working properly, I appreciate at least being updated on what is going on, rather than being kept in the dark.

We have ridden it since, and its fun and stuff, but I think I prefer BTMRR or Space to it, so its another ride to do, but nothing that was really spectacular.

I actually really replied to say that I love you signature ;)

Well, if you were expecting Big Thunder or Space, yeah, it is disappointing. If you were expecting a family coaster which is what it was billed as I think you were fine with it

1) Both.
5) Right now,

2. I haven't heard anything about the music being in limbo.
3. Boats aren't crashing. There was a simple bump in first preview. The rest of the previews were fine. From what I understand the lanterns were cut altogether because they couldn't resolve those issues. They are still rehearsing the show nightly.
4. Iger was apparently more pleased with the last preview he saw. From what I understand they will open it as is then work on new show for later.
5. While it lacked a finale many still enjoyed it and thought the technical side of it was fantastic. So it's not 18-20 minutes you can't get back for everyone.
6. The current RUMOR (fixed that for ya) I don't believe yet.

Does anyone think that this could be similar to World of Color at DCA in terms of being able to add more scenes after the show debuts? I know World of Color added more scenes after the show first debuted, and they always have the technology to take scenes away and add others. Maybe they can open the show with the scenes they already have, and then continue to work out the issues on the other scenes until those are ready to debut. Just a thought.

Does anyone think that this could be similar to World of Color at DCA in terms of being able to add more scenes after the show debuts? I know World of Color added more scenes after the show first debuted, and they always have the technology to take scenes away and add others. Maybe they can open the show with the scenes they already have, and then continue to work out the issues on the other scenes until those are ready to debut. Just a thought.
It's quite possible but I think they will do significant reworks after it debuts.

2. I haven't heard anything about the music being in limbo.
. . . If the music is not in its final version, it is in limbo.
3. Boats aren't crashing. There was a simple bump in first preview. The rest of the previews were fine. From what I understand the lanterns were cut altogether because they couldn't resolve those issues. They are still rehearsing the show nightly.
. . . In my business, when things bump, it is a crash
. . . Yes, they are still rehearsing as the show is not right, yet
. . . Plus, I believe not all the actors are involved at this time.

4. Iger was apparently more pleased with the last preview he saw. From what I understand they will open it as is then work on new show for later.
. . . He had to be more pleased, as the Executive Preview was not a happy event.
. . . I had heard they still wanted to make changes before opening.
5. While it lacked a finale many still enjoyed it and thought the technical side of it was fantastic. So it's not 18-20 minutes you can't get back for everyone.
. . . I bow to personal opinion
6. The current RUMOR (fixed that for ya) I don't believe yet.
. . . I hope it does open earlier, as it is WELL overdue, timing-wise.
. . . People deserve to get something when promised.
. . . Folks plan vacation (or vacation park days) around an event or ride, then are disappointed when it does not materialize.

1) If you have further/later info than mine, I will accept that info.
2) I can only go on what I have heard and/or seen.
3) I agree the show looks good for what is there, I just wish they had completed it.

I see it too ... since everyone who saw it was pretty clear on the 18-20 minute range ............. does this mean they may have cut 3-5 minutes from the preview shows?

15380327_10154353396699102_7989731880791941243_n.jpg

I see it too ... since everyone who saw it was pretty clear on the 18-20 minute range ............. does this mean they may have cut 3-5 minutes from the preview shows?

15380327_10154353396699102_7989731880791941243_n.jpg

The preview I went to was pretty much right on 15 minutes

1) If you have further/later info than mine, I will accept that info.
2) I can only go on what I have heard and/or seen.
3) I agree the show looks good for what is there, I just wish they had completed it.
I'm going off of various sources I've heard from. I obviously haven't seen the show yet. I have also heard they want to make a few more changes before it debuts.

Well then why is everyone else saying 18-20 minutes. Wdwmagic himself said 18.

Not sure, to be honest. When I read wdwmagic I thought my count was off, but the people I was with had it at about 15 minutes as well, maybe 16. Definitely not 20 though

The preview I went to was pretty much right on 15 minutes

20 minutes was the rare reporting but every other review I read said 18 minutes.
No one said 15 minutes.
These were folks going in to review, being detailed oriented and taking notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter