Rivers of Light --- Almost Ready for Prime Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure as I am sitting here typing this that the powers that be would LOVE for RoL to be open and running without huge flaws in time for the busy holiday rush. That would be a huge thing for them to be able to pull in extra bucks at AK at night. As agravating as the delays have been I'm sure they're not delaying it for no good reason. We go the first week in January and I would LOVE to be able to make plans to see it. But I have strong doubts. This will be our 3rd trip since the first set of announced delays. Sad, sad....will hope for next summer....along with Pandora...

I mean, there is no reason yet as I see it to hope, but I am hopeful it will be open for our trip May 12 - 27th.

1) The current RUMOR is . . .
. . . it will open simultaneously with Pandora, using the current play with minor edits (music changes, a theme that makes sense, and a Finale)
. . . they will let it run 2-4 years, then revamp it the way they originally had it planned
. . . the 2-4 years satisfies the "payback" for the expense
2) Please remember the above opening plans are a rumor, and JUST a rumor.

From whom? Just people in this thread or from disney Execs?

I think it will be great - great area to explore, etc

While I admittedly and more interested/excited about Star Wars Land I do think Pandora will be really cool
From people on the boards.

Very little optimism about Pandora it seems.
indeed but its to be expected. Regular guests are just used to disappointments with Disney these days. We're used to things being cut (parades etc etc), new things being delayed (RoL), new things being way over sold (FLE). Meanwhile the average viewer of Avatar have pretty much forgotten it, whilst rumours are Avatar 2 will yet again be delayed past 2018. Its all just mehhhhhhhh. If Avatar 2 ever does get released and is a hit, followed by 3, 4, 5 etc then Disney may do well from Pandora - if not then Merch sales might be slow and it could take a while to pay for itself.

indeed but its to be expected. Regular guests are just used to disappointments with Disney these days. We're used to things being cut (parades etc etc), new things being delayed (RoL), new things being way over sold (FLE). Meanwhile the average viewer of Avatar have pretty much forgotten it, whilst rumours are Avatar 2 will yet again be delayed past 2018. Its all just mehhhhhhhh. If Avatar 2 ever does get released and is a hit, followed by 3, 4, 5 etc then Disney may do well from Pandora - if not then Merch sales might be slow and it could take a while to pay for itself.
I don't think you can speak for regular guests. Regular guests aren't on the DISboards. It's the diehards like us that are upset.

From people on the boards.

For the record I am really excited ABOUT Pandora WHEN it opens. I have just learned not to be optimistic about things opening on time, or at a time that aligns with my Trip.

Two trips ago they started letting people ride SDMT the day AFTER we left ... was so sad to be there, see it completely done (I think they had let some cast members ride it already even), know that it COULD be ridden, but that we weren't allowed to.

For the record I am really excited ABOUT Pandora WHEN it opens. I have just learned not to be optimistic about things opening on time, or at a time that aligns with my Trip.

Two trips ago they started letting people ride SDMT the day AFTER we left ... was so sad to be there, see it completely done (I think they had let some cast members ride it already even), know that it COULD be ridden, but that we weren't allowed to.
Well hopefully this helps. The latest is that the boat ride is operational, and two of the four theaters for the banshee ride are operational. The other two will be done soon. The exterior work in Pandora is what is taking longer now.

Well hopefully this helps. The latest is that the boat ride is operational, and two of the four theaters for the banshee ride are operational. The other two will be done soon. The exterior work in Pandora is what is taking longer now.

OOOOOh that is some exciting information. And I can't blame them for taking time with the exterior work, I mean, I am going to love that place for years I am sure :) And between Cameron, Disney and Rohde ... I mean, this should be incredible to see. We were there when they were lifting the first floating island into place and basically sticking on a piece of steal ... even that made me excited :)

Thanks as always Rteetz :)

Two trips ago they started letting people ride SDMT the day AFTER we left

1) As many people have found, you didn't miss that much.
2) MrsRustyScupper went on the ride during CM-preview-day, and asked, "Is that all there is?".

1) As many people have found, you didn't miss that much.
2) MrsRustyScupper went on the ride during CM-preview-day, and asked, "Is that all there is?".

We have ridden it since, and its fun and stuff, but I think I prefer BTMRR or Space to it, so its another ride to do, but nothing that was really spectacular.

I actually really replied to say that I love you signature ;)

I actually really replied to say that I love you signature ;)

1) Thank You.
2) I only can claim credit for printing it.
3) I heard the saying MANY years ago, and it always stuck with me.
4) Even when her meatloaf is raw on the inside and the chocolate cookies are burnt on the bottom.

NOTE: The other thought that has stuck with me is to kiss your kids good night, EVERY night, even if they are asleep.

One thing I guess I don't get - I hear they are still doing overnight rehearsals...if they are really planning on waiting until May to open this, why would they continue to do rehearsals. They aren't going to run rehearsals for 6 more months.

Here is the latest,

The show is "not that bad" but still isn't what they had wanted/hoped for. The plan is still for the show to debut but then they go back and look at either producing a brand new show altogether or changing up the current show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter