Rivers of Light --- Almost Ready for Prime Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably #1 untapped market. Having gone to both Unleashed the Villains ...... all I saw as I looked around at the masses was lost $$$. If Universal is going to build 2 more parks, and the Skyplex complex does have more thrill options ........... Disney needs to get in the game to appeal to the teen+ with some thrills and edgy theme.
Nope. Nope. Nope.
This is how it will go down. Disneyworld Las Vegas, the villains experience. Anything off center of the disney norm, finds it home in Sin City. Complete with a party bus/plane that departs Disneyland daily. Drink Kiosks everywhere.
Sorry off topic.
I think ROL is proceeding slowly and cautiously, nothing else. The fear of opening too soon the issue now.

we missed it this trip but we are planning for next year. I have to remember how to make the signature now, a year is plenty of time for riverrs of lights i hope lol

we missed it this trip but we are planning for next year. I have to remember how to make the signature now, a year is plenty of time for riverrs of lights i hope lol

I'm not so sure......three trips hoping to see ROL and counting! REALLY thought that we had a shot at it in November. Going in Jan and still not expecting to see this show (yet again)!

Maybe next year? But I'm not counting on it anymore......I may not live long enough to see ROL! LOL!

Thanks. I'm going to be there jan 30 to feb 6 so I am really hopeful it will be running. I'll keep checking .

It will be.
Mouseplanet's update for this week notes that they've started putting up FP+ signage up around the amphitheater:

ASD-12182016+-+10.jpg

Oh MY!!! We are staying at the AKL until Jan 22 and have FP+ for the AKL the 21st! It would be awesome to get to see ROL on opening night with a FP!!

I can't believe that I have my hopes up again!! LOL! Now I know that I have probably jinxed the whole thing!!

Apparently it was just announced internally that RoL will open Jan 21st.

Updated: Not a formal announcement, but the date that the folks working on the show have been told.
Soooo... should this be true is there any hope for soft openings the first week of January?

Soooo... should this be true is there any hope for soft openings the first week of January?
I sure hope so....but not getting my hopes up. When I booked back in February for this trip I was so excited we would get to see River's of Light. :sad2:

I'm not so sure......three trips hoping to see ROL and counting! REALLY thought that we had a shot at it in November. Going in Jan and still not expecting to see this show (yet again)!

Maybe next year? But I'm not counting on it anymore......I may not live long enough to see ROL! LOL!
hope you get pixie dusted

Did they do any more CM previews (after the ones where they added in some more effects)? I haven't heard anything so I'm assuming they stopped? I guess probably not wise to do with the holiday crowds....

Did they do any more CM previews (after the ones where they added in some more effects)? I haven't heard anything so I'm assuming they stopped? I guess probably not wise to do with the holiday crowds....
Nope nothing since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter