REMINDER--Pin offers

SueEllen

<font color=red>Proud Iced Tea Snob<br><font color
Please, Please, Please adhere to DIS board guidelines. Posting any offer that is reported to be a PIN offer, regardless of whether or not you have been able to use it without a PIN is AGAINST DIS POSTING GUIDELINES.

These posts will be removed, and if they continue the Webmasters will again go to the "no codes posted" rules that used to be in place.

The webmasters have generously allowed for codes to be posted that are public codes (FL resident, AP, AAA, general public) let's not ruin that by continuing to post codes that are not intended for everyone to use.

Yes, some CMs may book a reservation for guests with a code that requires a PIN and not apply the PIN, but that can have repercussions for that CM or for the guest possibly.

If there is ANY INDICATION on these boards that a code that has been listed was a PIN offer and not a general public code PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE TO TRY TO POST IT HERE.

Thank you,
Sue Ellen
Resorts board moderating team member

O.k. you fellow disers. Listen to SueEllen. Don't do something that will hurt your friends on the dis, cm's, and including yourself. Please, lets not cause trouble. :wizard:

I've made quite a few posts in the questionable threads. Sorry, I was trying to follow the rules - I never posted any codes, but perhaps others did. But since you've started this sticky topic, I'd like to ask a question about the follwing quote.

SueEllen said:
Yes, some CMs may book a reservation for guests with a code that requires a PIN and not apply the PIN, but that can have repercussions for that CM or for the guest possibly.

Does anybody have any first hand experience with this. I've read a lot of "maybe"s and "I've been told"s and all sorts of speculation, but I have yet to hear from anybody that has any first hand experience with the repercussions of this sort of thing. Has anybody ever been charged full price at check-in after receiving confirmation of this sort of code?

Is it OK to ask that?

Thanks.

NEW HERE AND DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS RULE! THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW! I LOVE THESE BOARDS!!! :cheer2:

BostonRob said:
I've made quite a few posts in the questionable threads. Sorry, I was trying to follow the rules - I never posted any codes, but perhaps others did. But since you've started this sticky topic, I'd like to ask a question about the follwing quote.

Does anybody have any first hand experience with this. I've read a lot of "maybe"s and "I've been told"s and all sorts of speculation, but I have yet to hear from anybody that has any first hand experience with the repercussions of this sort of thing. Has anybody ever been charged full price at check-in after receiving confirmation of this sort of code?

Is it OK to ask that?

Thanks.

Hey Boston Rob - someone posted on the general code watch page that they used a special code that they found on the boards and they had no trouble at checkin - If your confirmation letter doesn't mention that you are required to bring in a pin code when you check in you shouldn't need anything. Many times I have read that CM's can and do offer special rates to some people just by calling and asking so enjoy your rate and have a nice stay!

I just wanted to apoligize for posting that questionable code after I read it on the budget board- I deleted it within 5 minutes after realizing it was a PIN code- I am truly sorry- I thought I was passing on good info and never meant to cause a stir--I promise no more posts unless it comes from me.............

Yes indeed this has happened. Last year during the 5+2 offer (or 7 for the price of 4 as it was with a Disney Visa) the code was posted for this offer. It was exclusively for the use of NEW Disney Visa card holders. Disney did indeed change reservations back to full rate of some of those who had booked the offer who were not eligible.

In addition, all of the Discounts are subject to the terms and conditions that Disney has. For FL residents proof of FL residency is required, for AP rates a valid AP must be shown at check in. For AAA a valid AAA card must be shown at check in, etc. If you are asked for it but do not have it the CM at check in is to revert your rate back to full rack rate.

Now does every CM at check-in at the resort check for these things? No, but they are supposed to.

With the PIN offers the CM has to verify the code to begin with and it has to be noted on your reservation that it has been verified and matches with the name of the person on the reservation.

If your reservation is inadvertantly booked with the PIN offer, but you did not qualify for the offer, and the CM did not verify the information at the time of booking, Disney CAN ask to see the PIN email/postcard offer at check in. If you are not able to provide the offer (just like with a coupon for a discount on a car rental) your rate CAN be reverted to rack rate--confirmation or no confirmation from Disney.

As with everything in life, some wil get away with going against policy, and some will not. I am just posting what the policy is on these offers.

Sue Ellen

I'd like to apologize as well. I am fairly new to these boards and I was unaware that its a no no. I saw something posted yesterday about a particular code so I asked her to try it and it worked. I also posted that it worked and what that code was. I feel so badly now that I think I'll call back to verify....don't want anyone to have repercussions from this. :goodvibes

I have been told by four different people that have travelled in the last month that they have been asked for proof of whatever discount they had. One was AP, one was FL resident and two were pin codes.

No none of them have ever been asked on previous trips for this on check in so it seems that the resorts are cracking down on it. One of my friends asked at check in if this was something new and she was told that it's always been policy but not everyone has done it. She was also told by the person at the front desk that the cm's will get in trouble if they do not follow these rules of checking the eligibility of the discount the person has unless it was a general public code

Disney CAN ask to see the PIN email/postcard offer at check in. If you are not able to provide the offer (just like with a coupon for a discount on a car rental) your rate CAN be reverted to rack rate--confirmation or no confirmation from Disney.
If you have a pin code, your confirmation should say it on it. Just like when I book with an AP, it states an AP code, and I have always been told to be sure I have an AP upon arrival. I have never brought in my postcard.
A pin code such as the one many of us have been talking about, should be up to the programers...if you can use it, seems to me, it's tied in there somewhere. Sometimes, CM's have been told to make magic happen and that may be another reason someone gets a good price. A Visa card rate is different. One of the qualifications of using that, is you are suppose to pay for your ressie with your Disney Visa. In that case it makes sense that if you don't have it, you would not get the discount. It's not like Disney knows you have the card, and it was tied to your name. You are suppose to actually use it. I used this code in January (and wasn't asked for my postcard), and I'm using it again in May. Some people are using it after finding out they should have gotten an email or postcard, but it never showed up. They have nothing to show.

Disneyglobegirl said:
Hey Boston Rob - someone posted on the general code watch page that they used a special code that they found on the boards and they had no trouble at checkin - If your confirmation letter doesn't mention that you are required to bring in a pin code when you check in you shouldn't need anything. Many times I have read that CM's can and do offer special rates to some people just by calling and asking so enjoy your rate and have a nice stay!
Whoooooahh buddy....
just because you got away with it doesn't mean there aren't gs cm's whos whole job it is to make sure we cogs aren't doing just that. A pin is inserted in a family record in seibel. If it's not there, I can't put it there. Sometimes it IS there and no postcard was sent.. I'm always happy to check for you. If it's not there and I book the code for you anyway, there better be internal notes on that reservation that say why I did it, and it better have a gs cm's callname on it. That will get you fired. We work in an atmosphere of threat. We are reminded daily that we're easily replaceable. If a guest calls and tries to trick us with an invallid pin, there is no mercy if we fall for it. the same applied to regular codes that haven't broken yet. The people here on these boards usually Know the new fl res, pass codes before I do.. the system will allow them sometimes two days before they're vallid. (so the system folks can check the new codes for glitches) In this situation, if we type the code into folios for details, it will either say "pending, do not discuss", or just no result. Some agents will go ahead and book a no result code. We will never see them again. Think before you act. you aren't hurting Disney. You're terminating my fellow cogs.

cog said:
Whoooooahh buddy....
just because you got away with it doesn't mean there aren't gs cm's whos whole job it is to make sure we cogs aren't doing just that. A pin is inserted in a family record in seibel. If it's not there, I can't put it there. Sometimes it IS there and no postcard was sent.. I'm always happy to check for you. If it's not there and I book the code for you anyway, there better be internal notes on that reservation that say why I did it, and it better have a gs cm's callname on it. That will get you fired. We work in an atmosphere of threat. We are reminded daily that we're easily replaceable. If a guest calls and tries to trick us with an invallid pin, there is no mercy if we fall for it. the same applied to regular codes that haven't broken yet. The people here on these boards usually Know the new fl res, pass codes before I do.. the system will allow them sometimes two days before they're vallid. (so the system folks can check the new codes for glitches) In this situation, if we type the code into folios for details, it will either say "pending, do not discuss", or just no result. Some agents will go ahead and book a no result code. We will never see them again. Think before you act. you aren't hurting Disney. You're terminating my fellow cogs.

Cog - I'm not sure WHO you are replying to but I never said that I have used a code I wasn't suppose to use HOWEVER I have read in MANY guidebooks that you can ask for any specials when calling in to check rates and sometimes you can be offered a special rate - I'm assuming that each CM does have permission BEFORE offering the rate or they wouldn't offer it.

Golly! I didn't know about this rule either!! :guilty: I posted on the last code because I got it in an email from WDW. I didn't know we couldn't! :blush: I promise not to do it again! :wave2: Again, I'm sorry. :teeth:

Disneyglobegirl said:
Cog - I'm not sure WHO you are replying to but I never said that I have used a code I wasn't suppose to use HOWEVER I have read in MANY guidebooks that you can ask for any specials when calling in to check rates and sometimes you can be offered a special rate - I'm assuming that each CM does have permission BEFORE offering the rate or they wouldn't offer it.
my comment was specifically aimed at your comment quoted above it, in which you state that you've never had to prove anything at check in, if you find one, book it and enjoy. My post was to ground the thread back into mouseshwitz reallity where that costs jobs.
If, say, you were reading here or on another board that the new fl res code was going to be abc, and you called and asked for "code abc" the day before it broke into availability, if I book it, I'm gone. Same with a pin number assigned to another family. If the jones' get a pin email and post their pin and you call with it, it could come up with a vallid code, wich only the Jones' are allowed to book. booking the Jones' pin for the Johnsons is not okay. thus, the whole topic of this thread.. not posting individual, nontransferable, or still pending codes.
btw... if you just ask for "specials" there aren't any. you have to ask for a specific kind. fl res.. ap.. aaa... airline employee.. travel agent rate.. military.. a pin from a postcard you recieved.. the "people with blue eyes" discount.. whatever. you can ask for anyhing. We'll always check, if it's there and available, book and enjoy. but under no circumstances are any cogs empowered to give you a discount you didn't specifically ask for or that you aren't entitled to, or offer you one.. unless in the case of a previously unknown pin (which, the cog isn't giving you, marketing and research is).

cog said:
my comment was specifically aimed at your comment quoted above it, in which you state that you've never had to prove anything at check in, if you find one, book it and enjoy. My post was to ground the thread back into mouseshwitz reallity where that costs jobs.
If, say, you were reading here or on another board that the new fl res code was going to be abc, and you called and asked for "code abc" the day before it broke into availability, if I book it, I'm gone. Same with a pin number assigned to another family. If the jones' get a pin email and post their pin and you call with it, it could come up with a vallid code, wich only the Jones' are allowed to book. booking the Jones' pin for the Johnsons is not okay. thus, the whole topic of this thread.. not posting individual, nontransferable, or still pending codes.
btw... if you just ask for "specials" there aren't any. you have to ask for a specific kind. fl res.. ap.. aaa... airline employee.. travel agent rate.. military.. a pin from a postcard you recieved.. the "people with blue eyes" discount.. whatever. you can ask for anyhing. We'll always check, if it's there and available, book and enjoy. but under no circumstances are any cogs empowered to give you a discount you didn't specifically ask for or that you aren't entitled to, or offer you one.. unless in the case of a previously unknown pin (which, the cog isn't giving you, marketing and research is).

Your first comment insinuated that I received and used a code that I did not qualify for, which I did NOT. I answered the poster's question on if they needed anything at check in - which he wouldn't if it is not stated on his confirmation. He got a code and was able to book it - maybe when he called he had a code by his name already - I do not know that and you do not know that. All's I know is that when he called asking if he could use a code that he read about, a CM booked it for him. It is not his fault if the CM shouldn't have booked it. It is the CM's fault if they booked it incorrectly. If he did not qualify then the CM should have told him "No you do not qualify for that code"

Maybe you should lecture your fellow employees on the ins and outs of codes since they seem to be the ones booking codes incorrectly for some people. When you have a job it is your responsibilty to keep your job and if you do something that you know could get you fired then it is your fault and your fault alone that you got fired, not the person that called asking about a code or the person next to you, but you. So maybe this whole "you are costing us jobs" speech needs to be turned into a "don't lose your job by doing something you are not suppose to do" speech. Let your fellow CM's know that there are consequences for booking codes incorrectly.

As long as people know about codes because the read about them somewhere or their aunt or neighbor got a card, they will call and see if they qualify for that code or if they have a pin under their name - if the CM books a code for them when they do not qualify then it is the CM's responsibility not the callers. Let your fellow CM's know how to book those codes correctly and then there wouldn't be any problems.

cog said:

I think Cog is being extremely negative here. Cast members aren't fired for proactively offering discounts. They are coached, and they have quality monitoring goals with would be negatively impacted by them being proactive with discounts, but fired?? Come on..

You seem unhappy in your postings like you hate your job. People at the DRC are not "cogs" as you state- but cast members who have value both to the guests they service and to the company they serve. If you hate it so much then move on! Here is a news flash for you... the union vote failed miserably- so don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Guests need to ask for discounts so that the company can test how their marketing strategies are working. This saves money for everyone on both sides of the equation. But to call the reservation center "mouseshwitz" is a clear sign that you need to seek greener pastures. Perhaps something in janitorial or fast food industry would be more fitting your people skills.

It sounds like you are not happy at the DRC. There are plenty of opportunities at WDW that you can take advantage of...

Tracy

Hi.. do pin codes come in the mail, e-mail, etc?? Are they random or usually do they occur after so many bookings? Do you have to have an existing booking or is is a sales promotion to get you to book?

Once upon a time I was a call center rep.. worst and most ridiculously controlled job I ever had. It certainly sounds like you might want to explore another career path.. perhaps one where "union" isn't a dirty word.
But I have to tell you .. the "mouseschwitz' comment made me and dh laugh out loud..too funny.
:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Hollybh said:
Hi.. do pin codes come in the mail, e-mail, etc?? Are they random or usually do they occur after so many bookings? Do you have to have an existing booking or is is a sales promotion to get you to book?

No one really knows exactly how Disney determines who gets the PIN offers. They send them via US mail and also by email. I have also seen people not know that they had a PIN offer, but the code is in their profile with Disney when they go to book a reservation.

Sue Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter