REMINDER--Pin offers

Thanks...SueEllen...I get mailings and emails for disney all the time...I never knew that you could get individual codes...I just realized on my recent mailing from my Disney Visa that there are special codes! I've been a card holder since Day 1 and didn't even realize this...I guess I will really pay attention now! :teacher:

I have a dilemma. I just received a mailing at my home address. It is for a pin / code offer coming up. I don't want to violate the rules but I have a question about it. It was delivered to our address but in my mothers name. Backstory - in Oct 2004 we took a trip to WDW, my wife, daughter, my mother, and my nephew. I made all the reservations and as far as I remember, everything was in my name, except possibly when we checked in we asked about room charging, but I know it was all billed to my CC, and my mom paid me what she owed on her bill. We were wanting to take a trip this winter (just my wife daughter and I) and the code is available for one of the times we want to go. Will I be able to use it or will I be out of luck? I don't want to call them, ahve them tell me I can't use it, then they know I'm interested and maybe don't send me any offers for awhile. Any help would be greatly appreciated, if this does violate the board policy, please remove this posting. Thanks.

I was reading other boards when I was booking my trip a few weeks ago. My first call the cm never mentioned any pin code offer for me and AKL was the rack rate. I then read that someone was able to book AKL w/ DDP for almost half off the rack rate per night. He said he called and they told him there was a special pin offer under his name. He had no clue what this was, but obviously was greatful it was mentioned since he had no email, postcard or any other hard coupon with the pin code.

I then called back got a different cm and asked them of there was any specials for the AKL, he said yes you have a pin code offer and it was the same rate as the the post i had read.:banana: I said i didn't even know that the postcards i receive had codes attached to them and usually throw them away. The cm informed me that once they are sent out the code is attached to the information in the system and even though I do not have the information it is still in there system. He never said anything to me about having proof of this pin offer when I check in, my reservation paper work relfects the code, and does not say I need to have proof at check in.

No with that said I will be really po'd if they ask for proof when I check in. I travel often and all hotels have rate rule disclaimers and they tell you if you need to have proof of discount at chek in. No such disclaimer has been either advised by the cm who booked my trip nor on the paper I have received.

I have a dilemma. I just received a mailing at my home address. It is for a pin / code offer coming up. I don't want to violate the rules but I have a question about it. It was delivered to our address but in my mothers name. Backstory - in Oct 2004 we took a trip to WDW, my wife, daughter, my mother, and my nephew. I made all the reservations and as far as I remember, everything was in my name, except possibly when we checked in we asked about room charging, but I know it was all billed to my CC, and my mom paid me what she owed on her bill. We were wanting to take a trip this winter (just my wife daughter and I) and the code is available for one of the times we want to go. Will I be able to use it or will I be out of luck? I don't want to call them, ahve them tell me I can't use it, then they know I'm interested and maybe don't send me any offers for awhile. Any help would be greatly appreciated, if this does violate the board policy, please remove this posting. Thanks.

When I had the same situation and called them, (came to my email, but addressed to my dad, I had done some research for them) they told me it was good for all members of a household. She would not elaborate further.

When I had the same situation and called them, (came to my email, but addressed to my dad, I had done some research for them) they told me it was good for all members of a household. She would not elaborate further.

Thanks for the reply, I called a few days after I posted that and was told similar by the cm, we did have the offer attached to us in the computer, but we hadn't gotten a card in my or my wife's name. She just said that when we booked to mention the code and just to be safe, keep the card we got in my mom's name @ our address and bring it with us.

I hadn't been too concerned this because about a week after posting this, I won a trip to WDW from alamo.com

Again, thanks for the reply.

Let's not spoil anything for ourselves. I am still waiting for codes for October.

...I too got a pin code in the mail on Thursday, but it isn't under my name either.....should I go for it, or what??:guilty:

...another 'dumb' question:

I haave never gotten a quote for a WDW package on the net - expecially if there is a pin code involved....just how DO I get a quote on-line, using a pin code?? Does anyone have a link [or suggestions] for me....TIA

I never look at the postcards or emails I get... can I call Disney and ask if there are any PINS attached to my name? Will they tell me this???

Question about PINs:

If I get a PIN offer for a value resort, does that actually mean I can only use it for a value--they won't let me use it for a mod or deluxe?

Sorry if this is a silly question, I'm a complete newbie!

The pins are personalized to an extent, there are many different ones, you would have to call about your particular pin. Just ask if you can use it on a mod or deluxe.

A couple of days ago, I received a PIN via e-mail, for 20% off the rack rate It was for a Value and the dates I already had booked. TA was able to apply it and I am saving about $130--which I really appreciate. Thanks to the postings on this board, I knew to look for a PIN in the e-mail! It would be great to see a bigger discount come out, but I am thankful for this!:)

It figures!...I got my first ever pin via postcard, and it's for dates duing free dining which I already booked, thus could not use it (Free dining is a MUCH better value IMHO popcorn:: .) Just FYI, I did inquire as to rates for Beach Club which were about 240 a night, which is a great savings, but WAY more than I can afford...and moderates were not offered at a discount:only value and deluxe! :confused3

I did mention to the CM that I would welcome more offers in the future, and she seemed to suggest that she could note that.:thumbsup2

Today I received an email for $49.00 for a value resort to be used 8/:banana: :cool1: :cheer2: 13-9/27. We are going 8/31-09/06!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter