REMINDER--Pin offers

There may be some confusion between "codes" and "pins". PINS are issued to one specific person/address via personally addressed communication and are totally nontransferable. A code, however, can be used by anyone qualifying for it like an AP code, AAA code, Fl Resident code, and can and should be shared with others. Codes are how the CM at reservations can find a relatively obscure discount for you. I find Mousesavers.com to be a very good source of such codes and they are very quick to post new ones.

Is there a way to sign up to get them?

unfortunately, no. Supposed to be totally random. Some suggestions have been to request the Disney vacation planning video, to register at Disney.com to receive Disney newsletters & such.

There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who get the pin codes...people who go all the time get them...people who go all the time Don't get them. People who have never been get them. People who traveled with other people get them - like the mother in law traveled with the family & she's the one who gets the pin code - even though the reservation & mailing address was her son's. Go figure. And you'll see reports from people who get pin codes they cannot use, like childless couples getting the "kids play & eat free" pin code. That will be our luck, if we ever get one, it'll be that one now that our youngest "baby" is almost 21.:rotfl:

does anyone kno a code 4 an upgrade for the wilderness lodge for a bunkbed or any higher postion for NOO MONEYYY!!!! I would like the bunks best!!!!!!!:confused3:cool1::thumbsup2:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::sad2::scared:

I got a pin that gives me $467 per adult for a 5 night/6 day stay at a value with tickets during free dining. Is this a good deal?

Thanks,

Leslie

I got a pin that gives me $467 per adult for a 5 night/6 day stay at a value with tickets during free dining. Is this a good deal?

Thanks,

Leslie

Well, free dining cannot be combined with any other offer, so you have to see if this rate for the room is better for your family or if free dining is better. Get out the calculator!

I am so darn excited to see my very first 40% off pin code pop up in my work email account and my personal email account :cool1:

However, these are the valid dates:

8/23–9/4/09
9/6–11/21/09
11/29–12/5/09
12/13–12/23/09

Don't you know we arrive in Ft. Wilderness on Dec. 5-14!!! I wonder if they will still give me 40% off for the 5th and the 13??? I'm gonna try :confused3

I am so darn excited to see my very first 40% off pin code pop up in my work email account and my personal email account :cool1:

However, these are the valid dates:

8/23–9/4/09
9/6–11/21/09
11/29–12/5/09
12/13–12/23/09

Don't you know we arrive in Ft. Wilderness on Dec. 5-14!!! I wonder if they will still give me 40% off for the 5th and the 13??? I'm gonna try :confused3

They will, but you'll have to book those two nights separately, at least that's what we had to do with our stay at CSR. They can include a note to try and allow you to keep the same site though.

They will, but you'll have to book those two nights separately, at least that's what we had to do with our stay at CSR. They can include a note to try and allow you to keep the same site though.

I was told that the 40% pin code does not apply to campsites, only cabins :confused3

Disney discriminates against campers :hippie:

I was told that the 40% pin code does not apply to campsites, only cabins :confused3

Disney discriminates against campers :hippie:

Gotcha...I've never stayed at Fort Wilderness, but I thought it was the same as the other properties. I know at CSR, we had to break up the stay to take advantage of the passholder pin code.

just got my first 42% off pin code. Sorry it won't work for my May 2010 trip. Hope maybe they will send another one later when I don't take them up on this one. :confused3

How sad that in these tough money times that only a select few can receive disounts :( too bad that these discounts only apply to some people who do not really know how or why they got the codes....i wish i could receive a discount....... cause couldn't everyone want to save some cash which we would then spend in Disney LOL
anyway......still love Disney...will continue to go.....

I received a 40% off code in email awhile back. No one at disney knew how i got it or why!!! THey entered in the code and nothing came up!!! I had to forward them the email to prove that i got it! They finally took it but what a hassel. They said it was part of a FL resident discount.

I also don't like this " no double dipping" or "stacking codes"!!!! If only i could use the 40% off, free dining, FL resident discount and the birthday offer...... GEEZ!!! How budget friendly would that be!

Oh well I will gie them all my money anyways!:rotfl2:

It's been awhile since I last posted. I planned our dream trip to WDW that took place in Jan of 09. Never even thought I would be back on these boards for quite some time. I admit that I am very rusty with Disney planning but I received a pin code from Disney and while I should be excited about it I have been so far out of the game (Disney) could someone give me some feedback. The code is a room only discount of 40% for Deluxe/Villa bookings for Jan/feb 2010. But I also see that my Disney rewards card is also offering the same room only discount. So my question is......is this a offer from Disney that can't be refused? When I planned my trip in Jan 09 I did not receive a code but was able to receive a respectable discount from the buy 4 get 3 free at the Wilderness Lodge. So what do you all feel about this pin code offer? Thanks for your help and input.

Steve

Hi everyone........Yesterday I got my first pin code via e-mail from Disney.
We already have a vacation booked for Nov 27-Dec 4 2009 @ CBR. The offer
was for a standard room at a Value resort for 54.00 per night 11-29 thru 12-3.
Although our reservation is the 27th thru the 4th I thought I would call and see if any part of the offer could be applied to our reservation. They checked the code and said they could take off 61.25 and apply it back to the Visa we used to book with. Not a huge discount but we had originally booked the vacation at a hugely discounted rate when offered on-line @ 35% off. So.......if you get a pin code it's worth a call. Hope this helps!

Lauretta in Wisconsin

I am seeing all of this about NOT sharing pin codes and that you have to show proof of the pin code at check in. But, I am only seeing that here.
I had a pin code that we used and then had to change our dates so our code was no longer valid. But, I don't see anywhere that it says that I can not give it to someone else or that I have to print and bring the email.
Am I missing something?

Very new at the Disboards...planning a trip, Feb 2010. How do you get these pin codes everyone is talking about?
tks

Very new at the Disboards...planning a trip, Feb 2010. How do you get these pin codes everyone is talking about?
tks

I am very new too... welcome :)
I read somewhere (can't remember where) that if you log into WDW website and sign up for free vacation dvd you will get on a list and may get a code... well Guess what?! I did that last week and yesterday I got a PIN code email from Disney for 20% off value, 30% off mod, 40% of deluxe! :cool1:

Now I am trying to decide whether to apply it to our 8/31/10-9/8/10 vacation because I was also hoping for free dining and I heard you cannot use both?

I received a pin yesterday for 20/30/40 off and am now booked in at music family suites, i now would be able to book at a deluxe for a bit cheaper or the same price...now the dec comes as whether to stay put or switch to deluxe???What would you do?

another question, i realize that this code is only for the room but can i also add on the dining plan and park tickets-i know these will be full price though?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter