REMINDER--Pin offers

I am seeing all of this about NOT sharing pin codes and that you have to show proof of the pin code at check in. But, I am only seeing that here.
I had a pin code that we used and then had to change our dates so our code was no longer valid. But, I don't see anywhere that it says that I can not give it to someone else or that I have to print and bring the email.
Am I missing something?

We are using a free dining pin code for our vacation the week after Thanksgiving, and I have not been given any indication that I need to bring proof of the code with me. I believe that once the code is used, it can't be used a second time, so that would stop the sharing with someone else, but only if you were going to use it for yourself.

Stumbled on to this thread tonight and wondered if this is only for US residents or are canucks ever provided with codes?

I'm Canadian (Ontario) and received a PIN through snail mail last month, valid through June 2010. We're booked for May at Poly at 40% off. :)

call disney abd ask if you have any codes attached to your name and also Mousesavers.com gives alot of useful info about codes and different promotions

I am seeing all of this about NOT sharing pin codes and that you have to show proof of the pin code at check in. But, I am only seeing that here.
I had a pin code that we used and then had to change our dates so our code was no longer valid. But, I don't see anywhere that it says that I can not give it to someone else or that I have to print and bring the email.
Am I missing something?

When I called to use my PIN, the CM typed it in and then verified my name and address. Maybe this was just because my name was attached to the PIN. Did not occur to me to ask if it was transferable, I just assumed it wasn't because of all the personalized information.

In the end, I didn't use the PIN because the FL resident discount saved us a little bit more, but we may end up using it later in the year when the FL discount won't be available.

I have called almost everyday and NOTHING. Well I do have one attached to my name but it's for now thru June, I think. I don't that one. I need the September one. Aarrgghhhh I hate waiting. LOL

As a newbie I don't understand this talk about codes. Could some please give me a lesson on codes:confused3

I am so darn excited to see my very first 40% off pin code pop up in my work email account and my personal email account :cool1:

However, these are the valid dates:

8/23–9/4/09
9/6–11/21/09
11/29–12/5/09
12/13–12/23/09

Don't you know we arrive in Ft. Wilderness on Dec. 5-14!!! I wonder if they will still give me 40% off for the 5th and the 13??? I'm gonna try :confused3

In my experience, YES, that should work for you...BUT, think about the packages as are you needing to check in and out? Move ROoms, require tickets on both ends, or just a discount for the room.

Codes come to people via mail, email and allegedly are random. However, I always suggest registering on disney dot come, hold a package, and then navigate away....sometimes you will get a pop up that asks "basically why you did not book" You can add in, looking for a discount or Really need a discount, whatever. SOme have said they were then contacted with a pin code.
That pin code is Just for them and cannot be stacked (with other discounts) or shared.

There are also public codes that come out like, free dine...for certain dates, etc.....also, when staying on property, there is something called "bounceback" where (not all times by the way) Disney leaves a flyer for you or its on the tv, you must leave a $200 deposit for a specific time of year/resort/dates etc to return and they offer something, like FREE dine, or reduced rate, or discounted Tix, etc.

There is also public discounts as in AAA, Military, etc. You must call and ASK specifically for each one. They do not divulge things to you (in my experience)

Hang in there, I hope you get some type of code to reduce your costs. There seem to be many floating out there............Pixie dust your way:wizard:
Hope this helped a little!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter