REAL work from home companies

I am trying to catch up on this thread, but I am so lost :confused3 What do all of the abbreviations mean....like DR (is this like a direct line?) Also do you work for H*N directly through them or is this through W**T? Would someone be so kind as to send me a PM with the different addreses for the companies that offer these work-at-home csr positions? I would really appreciate it!!!

We are moving in a couple of months and I have already requested dual phone lines, but I would like to start the training now, so I am ready when we move (I do not have 2 phone lines in my house that I am in now).

Thank you!!

I got a PH invoice! I am so excited, between PH and HSN I think I will be very happy with W*st.

Christy

Cari~ I am sending you a PM

caribear said:
I am trying to catch up on this thread, but I am so lost :confused3 What do all of the abbreviations mean....like DR (is this like a direct line?) Also do you work for H*N directly through them or is this through W**T? Would someone be so kind as to send me a PM with the different addreses for the companies that offer these work-at-home csr positions? I would really appreciate it!!!

We are moving in a couple of months and I have already requested dual phone lines, but I would like to start the training now, so I am ready when we move (I do not have 2 phone lines in my house that I am in now).

Thank you!!

DR is D*r*ct R*s*rve--and serves a bunch of clients who are all answered by teh same agent. Some may have dedicated #'s--others may share a number.

H*N--Sh*p and all the others--contracted with W*st to handle their calls. We do not work directly for them---in a Post office analagoy---Sh*p has their buidling--but set up a separate number (like a PO Box) and anyone who wants to send mail--send it to the box instead of the building. In the analogy--W*st is the post office and the calls routed to our home represent the PO Boxes--where callers calling a number that is routed to us.

That analogy can basically apply to all lines. The clients basically outsourced their calls.

Hope that makes sense.

sap1227- Congrats on H*N and PH hope it is very prosperous for you :thumbsup2 Lisa loves pooh, you must have been gone for a while haven't heard from you, how did PH go?

rae662000 said:
sap1227- Congrats on H*N and PH hope it is very prosperous for you :thumbsup2 Lisa loves pooh, you must have been gone for a while haven't heard from you, how did PH go?

Wow--didn't reallize I didn't post on the thread.

My 1on1 is Thursday.

I have been around--next week I will be off for one week. :sunny:

sap1227 said:
I got my logins for H$N. I am going to refresh everything real quick and maybe pick up a shift tonight or tomorrow (I have a bunch of hours scheduled for this weekend).

I will update after I do the first shift!
Christy

Hey Christy!

Have you had your first H*N shift yet? I saw a little while ago that there were 10 pages of hours up for them - boy, I wish I had my log on ID's!!!!!

Duchie said:
Hey Christy!

Have you had your first H*N shift yet? I saw a little while ago that there were 10 pages of hours up for them - boy, I wish I had my log on ID's!!!!!

Nope, this weekend is my BIG DAY :cool1: My phone line get hooked up tomorrow, but DH will be working until Sat morning. I am hoping to pick up an hour here and there on Sat and then an hour Sunday afternoon and 2 hours Sunday night. I am really excited and ready to get started!

Since I have been able to see the hours there has never been less than 2 full pages of hour available.

Christy

Still waiting on my H*N logins too :( The PAL said it would take anywhere from 7-10 biz days and sometimes longer, just depends on how fast H*N gets them back to W*ST. With all the people that I've heard training and passing on them lately, I hope by the time I get my logins it isn't another line that is going to have to be stalked to pick up any hours.

Lisa loves Pooh said:
Just passed my 1on1 for PH.

:cheer2: :cheer2: Great job!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

How was it?? I am loving the training for them so far, it is very detailed and I really like that!!

Heres hoping I am next!
Christy

I did my first day for DR on Monday...it was a total failure...I was sooooo nervous, I said I was never going to do it again. I did not even stay logged on the number of hours I was supposed to work. I was shaking!!! :furious:
This morning, an hour was available, and I am not a quitter, so I figured I give it anther try, and the hour went by just fine. I handled every single call and had alot of TT.
I had a 1 on 1 for PH for today that I needed to cancel, and now I rescheduled it Wed. Mar 15. I think PH should be easier than DR, but now that I took a number of calls for DR, I think I can handle it. :thumbsup2

My phone line was supposed to be set up on Wednesday, but it wasn't. I called on Thrusday and they said they would do it Friday by 5. NOT DONE :furious: :furious: :furious:

I just dumped my weekend hours, hopefully Tuesday I will really get to work.

Christy

Okay, I finally passed my H*N 1 on 1 and now I am waiting on my log ins. The p*l I had told me where to look and they maybe up in 3 days. I will wait until then, yesterday I work about 7 hrs on D* it was great cv the early afternoon but slowed a little in the late afternoon. By the end of the shift, I was very burned out and signed off about 1/2 hour early. I now can see the H*N hours but I learned yesterday to pace myself.

Congrats to all the others that have passed their 1 on 1.

sap1227 so sorry to hear about your phone line, I'm sure you will be up and running soon, I'm looking at those 8 pages of hours and I understand your fustration :furious:

rae662000 said:
Okay, I finally passed my H*N 1 on 1 and now I am waiting on my log ins.

Great Job!! At this rate, maybe we can do our first shift together :thumbsup2

Those pages and pages of hours (all at .25 per minute) are breaking my heart!!!
Christy

Thanks for the info Lisa Loves Pooh and sap1227!! I signed up with W*st, but unfortunately they are not hiring right now....says I am on a waiting list. Oh well....hopefully I will hear something within the next couple of months.

Hey, just got my HSN log ins will sign up for a couple of shifts tomorrow, :thumbsup2 good luck to everyone else, sap1227 have you taken any shifts yet?

rae662000 said:
Hey, just got my HSN log ins will sign up for a couple of shifts tomorrow, :thumbsup2 good luck to everyone else, sap1227 have you taken any shifts yet?

Cool!! I finally got all my phone problems worked out today and I am signed up for 10am-11am (central time) tomorrow and then 8-9 tomorrow night. I am thinking of picking something up tonight once the kiddos go to sleep.

I am so scared all of the sudden--sending you a PM

Christy

UPDATE!!!!

Well, I did my first hour and it was TERRIBLE! I need to review everything before tomorrow's shift YIKES. I am shaking sooo bad right now, it felt like I did not know anything. :sad2: :sad2:

I had 4 calls (the first one was over 10 mins) and 1 order. I am hoping it gets better!

Christy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter