REAL work from home companies

Did my 1st H*N shfit last night, that 1st call was bruttal. I felt sorry for the poor lady that got me, she was sooo patient :blush: She had a GC and I could not figure how to get it applied, finally I figured it out but no before she had been on the phone for 15 mins already, I beat your awful time sap1227 by a mile, so don't fell bad. It got better because I was on for a 2 hour shift. I tell you that learning curve is a beast :teeth:

Hey girls,

I just read this on the wahm board and thought you would
like to know if you work DR
The hrs are posted mon-thurs. 9a-10a, 4p-5p . and on fri from 9a-10a, 5p- 6p. all cst. Its a first come ,first serve with the hours ma'am.

Hope this helps:thumbsup2 ,
Mamo

Hey everyone! I've been very busy and haven't checked this board in a few days.

Christy I'm sorry your first shift with H*N was so rough! I think the first ones are always tough. Hang in there!

Rae662000, have you taken any other shifts?

I finally got my log-ins today. I had to call the PAL to get them, though, they never emailed them to me. I don't know when I can do my first shift. The kids have Spring Break all next week and I don't know if I can work with them here. UGH!!! I was so ready to start this line last week!

rae662000 said:
Did my 1st H*N shfit last night, that 1st call was bruttal. I felt sorry for the poor lady that got me, she was sooo patient :blush: She had a GC and I could not figure how to get it applied, finally I figured it out but no before she had been on the phone for 15 mins already, I beat your awful time sap1227 by a mile, so don't fell bad. It got better because I was on for a 2 hour shift. I tell you that learning curve is a beast :teeth:

Well, I am never want to lose, so to beat you I talked to a lady for over 16 mins last night who did not order anything :rotfl:

Yesterday was a lot smoother though (thank goodness!!!)

Christy

kilee said:
I was suprised to hear WEST wasn't hiring.

I actually receive another email about 4 days later stating that they were now hiring again and did the phone interview today. I was told I would be receiving information on the certification/training for the H*N line. Gotta go and find a headset now!

Hey sorry I haven't post before now, I have been exhausted from work 2 hours at night and 2 hours during the day, trying to get more proficient with H*N before my 2 weeks are up (to take advantage of 1st tier ranking). It is getting gradually better, but my ALC is still very high. I decided to take some time off this weekend because I was so tired I couldn't even sit out side with my kids while they played (the sun/heat too much for my fatigued eyes :sunny: ). The funny thing is that since I have been up late working, I cannot go to sleep around this time now :confused3 But I am refraining from signing up for another shift. Haven't work D* at all this week, hrs seem to be ghost but I will start back stalking them this week also.

Congrats to Caribear welcome to the club, it can get addictive. Between this Sunshine Rewards and Ebay, I'm going to be debt-free and vacation bound...just might take 15 months :teeth:

I enjoyed H*B while it lasted, it was slow and easy to move around in the system. I certified on H*N shortly after hours started dying on H*B and took my one on one just a few weeks ago. I've yet to work my first shift with H*N, it just makes me too nervous. My one on one went well, of course I passed so it wasn't the bomb I expected it to be. But I just can't seem to schedule that first shift. I'm not sure that I ever will.....not sure that this is the job for me :(

I really thought I'd found something simple that I could do at home, but then when factoring in the level of quiet that needs to be attained (it's almost summer and my kids will not be very quiet, and neither will their friends when coming over). I just don't think it's going to work out :(

I need an additional 500.00 a month, well I say "need" but I want an additional 500.00 a month. I don't like working out of the home too much, I already do 2 days a week and in the summer that means that my kids have to be driven to my MIL's those 2 days (30 minutes out of my way to drop them off there so it cuts in to my profit...as would daycare).

Maybe something will come along that doesn't require silence in the background, like a data entry position. These calls make me so nervous and I'm always clicking on everything to try and remember how to do things. Then they throw in that tier system, BOCs and the personal trainer that listens to your every call for 2 weeks.....like I don't have enough stress with the thought of selling my home LOL

Oh well, guess I'll email them and tell them that I've decided it's not for me.....I'm sure something will come along sooner or later :), hopefully sooner.

Good luck to those of you that have found it's for you....it is a neat job (would be more tempting if I'd made more than 2.50 an hour)....it's a great alternative to working outside the home.

First of all, thanks to eveyone who has given this W*st info......from this board I signed up, added a second line and have begun PH. I have been invited to do the H*N, but have not started my training, need to and will in the next day or so. I currently babysit, and really cannot stand it. One family is very difficult, but I do not want to loose the $$. My goal is to raise enough for two weeks(500 with W*st), then quit babysitting.......can I make $1000/month? Am I setting myself up for a fall? I love that the hours can be so flexible, and I have no problem working in the wee hours of the night. I have not done DR yet, no hours have been available for me that I can take, am scared to take them too, need to brush up on training........I need the flexible hours that w*st gives so I can actually be a "stay at home mom" with my kids........babysitting seems to make me miss so much at their school....help!!!

Can anyone tell me if w*st will allow wireless internet access. That is how I have my new set-up and would like to keep it that way.

precious pixie said:
Can anyone tell me if w*st will allow wireless internet access. That is how I have my new set-up and would like to keep it that way.

We are wireless.

Did not read one word to the contrary in the contract. So you should be fine.

paper1225 said:
First of all, thanks to eveyone who has given this W*st info......from this board I signed up, added a second line and have begun PH. I have been invited to do the H*N, but have not started my training, need to and will in the next day or so. I currently babysit, and really cannot stand it. One family is very difficult, but I do not want to loose the $$. My goal is to raise enough for two weeks(500 with W*st), then quit babysitting.......can I make $1000/month? Am I setting myself up for a fall? I love that the hours can be so flexible, and I have no problem working in the wee hours of the night. I have not done DR yet, no hours have been available for me that I can take, am scared to take them too, need to brush up on training........I need the flexible hours that w*st gives so I can actually be a "stay at home mom" with my kids........babysitting seems to make me miss so much at their school....help!!!

Hey paper1225, I think you will enjoy H*N and you will have more opportunity to make good money with them. D* hours are non exisent and you already know. Can you make $500/month, I can't really say, but if you can work nights/days both, I think it is surely possible. I worked 4 days on HSN and 2 days for D* and made 1/4 of what you need, so it is possible. I work 2 hours late at night for 3 days and 2 hours morning hours for 3 days and usually am able to make that same amount. I believe that if you really are willing to commit to a certain amount of hours especially when you are on tier 1 of H*N, which you will be for 2 weeks after training you will make great money.

woo hoo after initially taking the survey/test for w*st they said they weren't hiring. I jst got an email saying that they are and I have to do a phone interview. They gave an option to call an 800 number and do the interview with a type of recording. I am going to do it that way bc I am anxious to get started. Does anybody here put in about 20+ hrs per week, if so whats the range for take home $.

Precious Pixie, congrats on the interview! I've been with W*st only since beginning of February....I work an average of 20-25 hours week mostly on one line that has a guaranteed rate, so my pay is about $160-200 per week. Hours are hard to come by on the line with guaranteed rate, but I am also certified for H*N line, so I pick up hours with them when I can't get the other line I like. I only did one hour of D* with W*st and I really did not like it, I'm afraid to try it again! But, I also work Li*e O*s on Saturday and Sunday early mornings for about 3-4 hours each day....I make about $40-$50 with them a week. This is the same thing as D*, but for some reason, this does not bother me. I think it's because the screen is much easier to follow and navigate.

Good luck and feel free to ask me any more questions. :)

I have been working with W*st for about a month now, how do I find out about guaranteed rate? I have been doing P*H mostly, and finally just picked up D* hours later this week. I am about to start my training for H*N. I have also started to fill out the li*eo*s online app-but had to put most on hold, I am going to college also and right now is mid-terms!! I really want to get to 250-300/week if possible, and am willing to work the hours for it, I currently bbysit in my home and work around 50-55 hours/week........just cannot handle much more from the parents! I am able to work around the clock once I give up the bbysitting, but trying to get a pad built up first.

I had to end up finally just giving this venture up. My nerves were on edge the whole time I was on the phone taking calls. I initially worked on the H*B line and it was easy enough, but not enough calls to make any money and justify keeping a quiet house.

Then I got H*N but that line seems so confusing and even though I passed my one on one, I still just don't feel like it's the job for me :(

Oh well, atleast I can downgrade my DSL service and get rid of that extra phone line....less bills to pay :) I would never be able to work in a call center, so doing it at home was just as bad to me.....well except not having to dress up for office work :)

Hi everyone!

I finally had the chance to work the H*N line this week. I've been able to pick up quite a few hours and so far it's going well. The first few calls were tricky but I still thought they were easier than D* was when I first started. Each call has gotten better and my ACL has really dropped, so I'm feeling very optimistic about this line. I really like it so far! And the customers have all been so nice! Now the only problem is that I'm seeing all sorts of items that I "need" - like those cute little sandles. :teeth: If only they'd come through with that discount!

How's everyone doing with WEST et al ? It's been a while since any updates. I actually stopped taking calls for WEST because I simply can't find the 'alone' time. It was fun while it lasted though.

Have a great day everyone! :sunny:

Thank you MissKelly, for bumping up this thread. I have been looking for a convenient way to make a little extra money. After reading all 40+ pages of this thread, this sounds like it could work for me. I have already taken the survey, next up is the phone interview. Thanks again.

I have been really enjoying working w/ W*st. I have been certified for 4 lines since starting back in January. My most recent, and favorite so far, is Cr*ck*t. It's definetly a money maker. It really has been a great 2nd job for me. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter