REAL work from home companies

I have been w/ LiveOps since November of last year. At first I was really gung ho with it to the point that I became burnt out :faint: and I felt that I never wanted to take one more phone call!! :scared: I did however have a great check from those intense sessions of call taking!

I've been hit or miss with taking shifts and I never again duplicated that great check. :rolleyes2

I think it's the upsells. No, I know it's all of the G-d awful upsells!! I love talking to people (that's not the problem) but what I hate is that the customers are calling in for a set of knives and then we have to upsell a holder for them. And then we have to try and upsell a set of flatware to match the knives. And then we have to offer them in different colors, and then we have to upsell them scissors and then we have to try and upsell them multiple sets and then we have to upsell them a cooker. Now, if we haven't completely pushed these customers over the edge from all of the additional upsells now we HAVE to try and upsell them magazine subscriptions. Then we have to offer them a gift card from a store "Just for trying __ ____ _________ risk free for 30 days" and then we have to offer them a free vacation.

Did I say I hate upsells? Well, what I was wondering was do all of the West lines have upsells?

Sure, LiveOps may offer better pay of .25 a minute as compared to .17 but if I'm not taking any calls because I can't stomach anymore what good is it?

Thanks for your imput. :wave2:

I work for LO also. I LOVED the fr**411 calls, no upsells. Wish they were still taking them.

ForTheLoveofDisney said:
Did I say I hate upsells? Well, what I was wondering was do all of the West lines have upsells?

No--not in the sense you are thinking.

One line has upsells like LO

A few others have upsells--but they are casual offerings--custy says no--you move on.

Some have crossselling (along the lines of "would you like fries with that") and some have none.

They seem to be ready to bring on a new line--so might be a good time to hop on board. We know nothing in regards to whether or not there are upsells--but they it is related to h*me appl**nce r*p*ir.

I have been on since January. I just passed all the tests for *ffice D*p*t--but I am having second thougths on completing the one on one. Plus--there has been a lot of belly aching to what I feel is an extreme that is screaming red flag! I am otherwise certified for 4 lines and do enjoy my time over there.
I am ineligible for the new line at the moment due to lines I am certified for.

I have found it to be a great supplemental source of income. It seems that those who depend on it for their livlihood--well it is the slow time of year and some just aren't making what they usually do.

I'm not qualified for the new line either. However, I'm really low in the ranking for the PH invite, but hear it's hard to get hours there now too. So, I just don't know. I think I'm going to be losing my D* cert from lack of finding hours. It's also really hard to motiviate myself to take an hr for $3.00 when on Cr*ck*t I'm making $8-11/hr everytime.

Lisa--- are you still doing Sh*p??? I've been keeping enough hours just to get by. I have low alc (under 200), great O/C. Tier 2 because I have no FB so my ranking gets lowered. When I questioned it, that is what they told me. They said if I'd get at least 1 FB, and it was good I'd be tier 1. I've taken over 100 calls and still no FB on Sh*p. So, I'm only doing enough to just stay active to get that FB to get the tier changed at least here and there.

Kilee--I wish I had cr*cket!

Yes I am still on sh*p. Working my way around to get some decent stats. Waiting for one pc show to drop off then I will have a snowball's chance again for T1.

Hi all! I need some help! I did my H*N 1-on-1 last Saturday, but have not received any type of log in ID. Am I supposed to receive something in the mail?? I am a little confused. How do I log in and see the available hours?? Thanks!

I really need some help!! I finally called a P@L to find out about my login id's, but now I have no idea where to go next to find hours or even log into the call taking site. Can someone please PM me with the info?? I would really appreciate it!!! I am certified on H@N. Thanks!!!

caribear said:
I really need some help!! I finally called a P@L to find out about my login id's, but now I have no idea where to go next to find hours or even log into the call taking site. Can someone please PM me with the info?? I would really appreciate it!!! I am certified on H@N. Thanks!!!

Cari:
There is a really great website with a forum called:

www.workplacelikehome.com

The people on there are really great, and if you ask your question there, I am sure someone will help you. I learned alot from them while working for W*st.

Good Luck!!

Cari-- to get hours you'll go to the .net site for W*st. As for your log-in's, if you do not have them after 5-7 days. You may need to call a p*l for them. Sometimes I think they get lost in the transition.

I've just started working with LO, anyone else still with them? Maybe we can chat sometime!

I have been lurking here for awhile... W*st just doesn't sound like fun.
Does anyone stay with it very long?
I think I will just stick to Mystery shopping. :thumbsup2

:confused3 :confused3

I'm still with them. there are some with W for a couple of years on another board I post.

I see it as a stepping stone to other things.

If you are DEPENDANT on working at home--then W is iffy at best. If it is just for fun money, then they aren't too bad.

They give most anyone a chance.

And FWIW--LO never had the courtesy to tell me they wouldn't hire me, let alone hire me. W seems to be very very prompt in its hiring conduct.

First impressions mean alot--and in this instance...LO just didn't seem to be on the ball for me.

I'm w/ them since January still too. A lot, I think, depends on which lines you get w/ W*st. I think that could have a major impact on hours, money, ect.

caribear said:

Hi Cari!

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply - I've been swamped with the kids getting out of school.

I've been working H*N since February, and so far it's been OK. I imagine the reason you aren't seeing any hours is because they have been very scarce lately. Many folks working this line have resorted to "stalking" the web site for hours. It wasn't this way in the beginning - it has gradually gotten worse over the last few weeks.

So far I've enjoyed working for W*st. I'm not crazy about the tier system on H*N but overall it's a good line. Right now I'm next in line for training on the S**rs H*m* R*p**r and the Cr*ck*t lines - I hope I get Cr*ck*t soon because I've heard it's a good line.

I will admit I'm worried because now that summer is here, it's difficult to work with the kids in the house. I just finished a 2-hour shift, and keeping them quiet for that long was next to impossible. I've got time to figure it out - I just hope I don't go crazy while I do!

Feel free to PM me if you've got more questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter