Best (free) option to get from Pop to Poly

Unless the line for the bus to MK is huge the quickest way is to take the bus to MK and then take the monorail from MK to Poly
The advantage Skyliner has is that it is continuous loading so the only possible "wait time' would be for the Poly bus at DHS,while the other route has possible "wait time" for the bus at POP AND the Monorail at MK plus the walk from the MK Bus depot through MK Security to the Monorail Station with stops at CR and TTC before Poly.

But we are Skyliner people and always look for ways to use it! :)

I would vote to take the bus to MK from Pop and then resort launch to Poly or Resort Monorail to Poly. We take either based on the line.

The first part of August is very hot and humid. Making a transfer from the Skyliner to a bus at HS is a very hot transfer. The Skyliners cabs are not air conditioned and being outside in the bus loop (hot as the Sun in August) waiting in 104 (temp + humidity) degree weather at the Resort Bus loop and waiting up to 20 minutes for a Poly bus.

Dave
Good point about the heat at the Bus Depots in August.

I will say that all the concern that the Cabs would be deathly hot when Skyliner was being built has not been our experience.

We go every July and have never had any problems-the vents work exceptionally well to us.

We did skyliner to Epcot, monorail to monorail, to poly but that's because we didn't want to arrive at HS right as soon as the bus left then have to wait on the bus.

The skyliner is non stop and Epcot monrails show up about every 10 minutes.
You would have to have a valid entry, and walk through EPCOT to do this.

In March, we had an ADR at the WL while staying at Pop. We indented to take the bus to MK and then get on the boat to MK. We missed the bus by just a minute or two so we took the Skyliner to HS and then the bus to WL. The wait at HS for a bus though took longer than we anticipated.

I like free too, but if you are just 2-3 adults and don't require carseats, I'd spend $12 for a Lyft.

The Skyliner to HS then the bus would probably be quickest but if it is going to storm then you should take bus to MK and then monorail because lightning will shutdown the Skyliner
Third option for that time of day could be Bus from Pop to Disney Springs, then Bus to Poly

. The wait at HS for a bus though took longer than we anticipated.
I think this applies to every mode of transportation at Disney, especially when, like the trip discussed in this thread, two modes of transportation are required.

To the OP - which combination of modes will take longer will depend on several factors, not the least of which will be luck. Both will (most likely) take longer than you anticipate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter